Best moves fro 1v1 with the keeper? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2004, 05:16 Thread Starter
Rookie

Teams: EPL, England National
Best moves fro 1v1 with the keeper?

Personally, i like the cruyff turn. What about you?

Glen Feinting Phenom Owen
Dress to Impress, Shoot to Score
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2004, 13:15
BANNED!
Star Player

For me...that move takes you away from the goalkeeper, so I can imagine doing it. That double juke Ronaldo once did in a 1v1 works, as they all fall for it. I also like faking to shoot before clipping/chipping the ball over the goalkeeper. Or you can just nutmeg him.

My first option is simply to fake a shot to the keeper's right then go past him to his left, and slot it.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2004, 14:56
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
The chip. Nothing beats it and he can't stop it, if it is good (read: high) enough.

In the end only memories remain.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2004, 12:45
Rising Star

Teams: Juventus and Korea
I think Gio Zola's got the right idea. Cruyff turns and chips are all well and good, but you look foolish if you don't score the goal. I don't try anything flashy unless I'm messing around with mates; in competitive games I just go for the safe approach and try to slot it past the keeper and/or fake him out.

Of course if I'm playing with a bunch of friends, I'll always try something arsey like 'megging the keeper or my personal favourite... I don't know the name of the move so I'll try to explain it to the best of my ability:

You drag the ball back with the bottom of your right foot and into the path of your left foot, and in the same motion use the toe of your left foot to chip the ball about 2 feet into the air past the keeper

(Of course you can switch the feet around depending on which way you want the ball to go)

“to live is Christ and to die is gain” -Philippians 1:21

Christ came to pay a debt he didn't owe, because we owed a debt we couldn't pay.

Last edited by gray; August 25th, 2004 at 12:52.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2004, 12:58
World Class Player

Whatever gets the goal
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 19:33
Missing Guidolin.
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Parma
If your going for power, side-foot it with force, a few inches either side of the keepers feet. If you get the push power, then it is almost impossible for keepers to get down so close to their body.

I would normally drop the shoulder, say to the right, and just jink left.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2004, 07:32
Premier Player

Teams: Barcelona
double step over

When Talking To A Girl Take Notes From Mufyn

i L L punisha (10:55:50 PM): and you have the cutest little white girl ass

U.S. SOCCER - Don't Tread on Me
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2004, 11:52
Defunct
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Forza, Allez, Amunt
I'm too chicken to try that, would fail anyway, I just shoot.

La Juve? Lasciamo perdere.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2004, 03:32
Premier Player

Fake a shot. I guarantee the keeper will dive. And then just pass it into the goal while he's on the ground. Hit it at a good pace though, because most keepers are pretty quick to get up.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2004, 10:57
International

Teams: La Nazionale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiumtaur
If your going for power, side-foot it with force, a few inches either side of the keepers feet. If you get the push power, then it is almost impossible for keepers to get down so close to their body.
I think that's what I would do too.. it's safe and you won't look like a fool if you don't pull it off. Keepers always try to look so huge when they're 1-on-1 that they normally neglect the most obvious- just beside their bodies!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2004, 19:31
BANNED!
Star Player

Yeah...or right between their legs. Something else you can do if you're completely confident in your abilities is to chip the goalkeeper. To just run at him and lift the ball over isn't always the best way to do this though. Oftentimes it's difficult to get a perfect chip off if you're on the full sprint. What I recommend is breaking at goal at full speed, making the goalkeeper have to come a certain degree to start cutting off the angle. When he does come, cut the ball back when about 20 yards out, throwing the goalkeeper off with the stop in your momentum, then immediately clipping the ball over him, as he's likely stranded as he stops when you stop sprinting at him.

Alan Shearer taught me this one, and it's really worked every time I've tried it.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2004, 01:01
Winter is Coming.
World Class Player

Teams: Liverpool F.C, TFC, BVB
Glen: I've NEVER ever seen you pull off the Cryuff turn in a competitive match! dream on buddy! granted you had your moments, like the half volley in the quarter final

Anyways

Going one v one with the keeper in pickup games or just messing around, I'd do the Ronaldo move when he played on Inter, with the leg fakes left right left right left right left right (for however long my legs can go then pick a side and slot it. that one's always been fun to do. plus it looks very good if u do it well.

never had the confidence to chip the keeper, thats one of the things i can't do very well.

If the game wasn't on the line or we were hammering them i'd just start launching them from 18 yards and see what he has to say about that

alm:
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2004, 01:23 Thread Starter
Rookie

Teams: EPL, England National
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenization-NRG
Glen: I've NEVER ever seen you pull off the Cryuff turn in a competitive match! dream on buddy! granted you had your moments, like the half volley in the quarter final

Anyways

Going one v one with the keeper in pickup games or just messing around, I'd do the Ronaldo move when he played on Inter, with the leg fakes left right left right left right left right (for however long my legs can go then pick a side and slot it. that one's always been fun to do. plus it looks very good if u do it well.

never had the confidence to chip the keeper, thats one of the things i can't do very well.

If the game wasn't on the line or we were hammering them i'd just start launching them from 18 yards and see what he has to say about that

to all those who dont know, Owenization and I play together; I Striker, and Mike my offensive support. Mike Thinks that the Cruffy turn is the 360 degree spin oftenly used by Zidane, when in fact it is when u fake a shot and on the down swing flick the ball behind your plated foot.

Glen Feinting Phenom Owen
Dress to Impress, Shoot to Score

Last edited by Gio Zola; October 6th, 2004 at 20:07.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2004, 02:45
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenization-NRG
Gio i think that was very racist.
Watch what you're saying glenmowen.

I'm deleting the past 10 or so posts Owenization and glenmowen, and I'd rather you not act so immaturely in my forum in the future. Thanks.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2004, 16:56
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Hit it early, place it in one of the corners and along the ground and the keeper is helpless, unless their bloody good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in