Most successful move - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2004, 01:53 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Most successful move

For you, what is the most successful in game move? Not the flashiest, but just the one that works best.

For me, it would be the stepover. Simple, but if you do it right then it almost always works brilliantly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2004, 01:59
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Teams: PAOK and Parma
Diving.

Love is the drug, and I'm a junkie.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2004, 02:19
Rookie

Teams: manchester united and benfica
I usually do the stepover but the one that works for me the best is the move that Cristiano Ronaldo uses a lot, its like a turn but you hit it with your heel on the turn. He uses it a lot. Players usually slip and fall when I do it to them.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2004, 08:17
Rising Star

Teams: Man Utd and Barca
far the first time ever i tried the move on the field was step over, just the simple cross over with the right then go left, far my opponment like totally fell for it, he as like standing facing on the right side for ages and i was gone lol, but i lost the ball after wards against my next oopponment because he was too close to so i can't perform any moves. (heh u know what good moves 2 do in that situation?, when ur opponment is close to u)
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2004, 21:21 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

I recommend the Maradona turn (Marseille spin, whatever, Zidane does is a lot now, where you pull it back with your right and spin and bring it with you with your left) because you get the ball away from the defender by pulling it back but you go foward and past them when you drag it foward. Plus you can do this in tight spaces. Still not as effective as a stepover for me, though.

What is your most successful move, other XTers?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2004, 00:28
Rising Star

Teams: Bolton Wanderers, FC Barcelona & Brazil NT
Nutmeg

So good they named him twice. Augustine 'Jay-Jay' Okocha is considered to be one of the most skilled players that the English Premier League has to offer. With his dazzling tricks, blazing speed, and rocket of a shot, he is a deadly presence on the pitch. Captaining both club and country by his "lead by example" type of play, any club would be more than eager to sign the Nigerian wizard.

[I]"Th
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2004, 06:30
Rising Star

Teams: Manchester United
for me, the most successful move is either the maradona or any kind of a nutmeg.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2004, 05:30
Rising Star

Teams: Arsenal and Juventus
Diving, nothing beats it-stepover, maradona, whatever. whenever i try and fail at any of the others i do a Pires and "self-preserve". if not then i do a Makelele-whisper something to the effect of "yer maw" in the other guy's ear, and when he just looks at me funny i fall like i've been shot. you never go wrong with diving if you do it right
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2004, 06:03
Premier Player

Teams: Widzew, Poland
From what I've seen (I'm a keeper), it's the Puskas drag back.

Woo.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2004, 06:52
Rising Star

Teams: Man Utd and Barca
wots puskas ?
u drag it back with right foot then take off to the right side with left foot ?
or is it the one that okacha does when he brushes the ball to left then fake step over to the left with his left foot then takes off with his right ?
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2004, 01:50
Star Player

Teams: Chelsea and I love you - Champions
Nutmeg? If you've played football properly you know that that move snot alwyas possible hence it's nowhere near the most succesful move.

If your looking to beat someone bring the ball to a standstill wait for someone to come for the ball, drag the ball back and run round them.. simple but effective

"Suck me beautifal"

- STIFMEISTER
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2004, 03:11
Premier Player

Teams: Barcelona
Stepovers
From the right on the right foot cut in with the inside then back out with the outside works from the left to with either foot

When Talking To A Girl Take Notes From Mufyn

i L L punisha (10:55:50 PM): and you have the cutest little white girl ass

U.S. SOCCER - Don't Tread on Me
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2004, 18:29
Rising Star

Teams: Bolton Wanderers, FC Barcelona & Brazil NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackoTheDon
Nutmeg? If you've played football properly you know that that move snot alwyas possible hence it's nowhere near the most succesful move.
I do believe he asked: For you, what is the most successful in game move? Since I can pull it off almost everytime I try it, it's the most successful for me. Might not be for you.

So good they named him twice. Augustine 'Jay-Jay' Okocha is considered to be one of the most skilled players that the English Premier League has to offer. With his dazzling tricks, blazing speed, and rocket of a shot, he is a deadly presence on the pitch. Captaining both club and country by his "lead by example" type of play, any club would be more than eager to sign the Nigerian wizard.

[I]"Th
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2004, 20:33 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Hmmm...for me, I can't see the nutmeg as the most successful move, but if it works most of the time, good for you. For me, while I do it occasionally...my game is based on speed while dribbling, so it's hard for me to go at a guy sprinting, pull of a swift move, nutmeg him, then run around him and keep it all smooth.

Usually, for me, you do the stepover, Marseille spin (Zidane/Maradona) or that Ronaldo move previously mentioned, then you just run past them. No need for the nutmeg, and very little time.

When you're going at a guy, full speed, and you can go around him, what's the need for the nutmeg? Keep it simple and just run around them. And success rate is usually better.

Kinda like a one-on-one with the keeper for me. While you can slot it between his legs, it's simpler to fake the shot and go around them. Plus, when you go around them, then you have the empty net to shoot into, or you're brought down, the keeper goes off, and you have a spot kick. Good situation.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2004, 21:49
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
The two-foot dribble is the most effective, especially on the side. Another very effective one near the line is the chip if the player comes at you, he can only stop that with a handball. Nutmeg and stepovers work better in the middle IMO.

In the end only memories remain.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2004, 23:42 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

How does a two footed dribble work? Also, for me, moves always work best on the side because you take a guy on, beat him with the move, then get a cross in. In the middle, you're looking to distribute, generally...
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2004, 00:04
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
A twofooter is when you have it near one foot and quickly moves/kicks it over to the other. Then you move it forward with the other foot. You must of course do it very fast and if you are to get around them not have your feet to close.

In the end only memories remain.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 21:26
Premier Player

Like it was said before, diving is by far one of the most effective moves in football. You make a play and put your team in a great position out of nothing.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2004, 15:42
Rising Star

Teams: Chelsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazón
Like it was said before, diving is by far one of the most effective moves in football. You make a play and put your team in a great position out of nothing.
u mean diving when gettin tackled sure it is very effective but can get u carded if u dont make it look good but it is very good to use if your a forward being a defender if a forward is making good dives on tackles i think are clean it is very effective into gettin into a defenders head

im back for the first time

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in