Funniest moment you've been involved in? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2004, 21:07 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Bolton Wanderers, FC Barcelona & Brazil NT
Funniest moment you've been involved in?

What was the funniest moment in a game, that you played in, you can remember?

For me, I was playing for my high school team earlier this year, and about half our school came out to watch. I was playing left wing-back and I got a pass from our center midfielder. I had pressure on me from the opposition's right winger, so I was nervous, and my first touch got away from me and nailed the guy straight in the face. HARD. The guy went down like his legs collapsed, and I got the ball directly back to my feet and carried on.

When the ball went out of play, I went to go check on the kid who was still laying on the ground, face down. I could see there was blood all over his jersey and, as it turns out, I had broken his nose.

I know it's kinda cruel, but it was so funny because there was such a crowd, but I felt bad for the guy, and helped him off the field.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2004, 11:04
Legend

Teams: Arsenal & Sydney FC
i was running down the wing, kicked the ball at goal, it hit the post, rebounded and hit me right in the nuts.

Missing the old crew: GarethUK. Wakky, Steph!, Chris, Jern :depress:
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2004, 13:36
Winter is Coming.
World Class Player

Teams: Liverpool F.C, TFC, BVB
Quote:
Originally posted by Swiftwilly
i was running down the wing, kicked the ball at goal, it hit the post, rebounded and hit me right in the nuts.
thats ridiculous.

Rooty: maybe you should be crying at the quality of your first touch rather than laughing at the guy.

alm:

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2004, 00:59
Legend

Teams: Arsenal & Sydney FC
Quote:
Originally posted by Owenization-NRG
thats ridiculous.

Rooty: maybe you should be crying at the quality of your first touch rather than laughing at the guy.
yes

exactly my point

you would think its ridiculous

but it did happen

its no joke, that is why this is probably the funiest thing to happen to me in my life, the % of this happening is same as me winning lotto.

EDIT// oh i probably clear it up, it was a training lessons and the goals used were hockey goals, and the poles are square not round. so i think it bouned off a corner.

Missing the old crew: GarethUK. Wakky, Steph!, Chris, Jern :depress:
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2004, 01:45
Winter is Coming.
World Class Player

Teams: Liverpool F.C, TFC, BVB
haha i've made myself look like an idiot but nothing quite so funny. its wierd i don't think i have any moments that i generally consider funny.

oh here's one.

I was playing 4 a side with some buddies this season, and my buddy was convering me, in front. ball was at my feet, i was gonna try to pass it through his legs with the laces of my boots, but lo and behold, i lifted too high on the pass and sacked his "sack". he doubled over and it was a riot. after that day every practice i'd have to be careful around him, he wants to sack me and let me tell you he has a strong shot.

alm:
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2004, 01:59
Premier Player

Teams: Barcelona
Went up for the bike didnt get back far enough and biked the ball right off my own face it was funny

When Talking To A Girl Take Notes From Mufyn

i L L punisha (10:55:50 PM): and you have the cutest little white girl ass

U.S. SOCCER - Don't Tread on Me
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2004, 14:40
Rising Star

Teams: Juventus and Korea
In my indoor competition, I took a shot from about 10 metres out, and hit the keeper square in the nads with one of those heavy futsal balls. About 5 minutes later, one of their outfield players also had his nuts crunched by a mate of mine.

The next week in the competition, the outfield player who got hit was playing against another team, and ... you guessed it...

He should really find another sport

“to live is Christ and to die is gain” -Philippians 1:21

Christ came to pay a debt he didn't owe, because we owed a debt we couldn't pay.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2004, 06:53
Premier Player

^thats rough

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2004, 04:22
BANNED!
Star Player

Haven't had too many embarassing moments. Maybe the time the ref sent me off for yelling "F***ing bitch!" after a particularly nasty challenge. Or possibly the time I tried to do the behind the back kick, and instead caught myself and went down, and lost posession.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2004, 06:04
Rising Star

Teams: United States
Embarissing for me? Lets see...

Durring the semi-final of the city champioinship I got studed in my upper thigh. Dangerously close to making me incapable of celebrating Father's day.

So I was taken off the pitch and then swarmed with medical attention. They decided to remove my shorts to get a better angle to see the wound.

Mind you it was about 35 degrees out so I wasn't at my fullest potential. Nearby several gals from my school walked by.

I could hear chants of "Is it cold in here or is it just your johnson?" for weeks to follow

Sometimes finding you is like trying to smell the color nine.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2004, 20:03
Premier Player

^wow thats harsh man

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2004, 20:12
Rising Star

Yes it was not my most bright moment but it is part of the game though. I have seen worse. A funny moment happened this weekend at a tourney I was in. A kid tryed to carry the ball up the pitch while I was chasing after him. He tripped over the ball and went down. I went by him and took the ball but while I took the ball I ever so slightly slapped him in the face. He started b****ing to the ref so he got booked.

Well at least it was funny from my porsepctive

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2004, 20:25
Premier Player

My funniest momement was when I, well there's many, but how about this one:

I started with the ball deep in my half and went on a "Maradonaesque" run. I beat 6 defenders and had played the ball passed the goal keeper, but the f***ing referee called the game over right before the ball crossed the goal line. The referee was laughing.

I was pretty pissed, but we were winning like 3 - 0 anyway so I guess the referee had let the play run to see how far I could go before calling the game.

:frustrat:

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2004, 20:31
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazón

I started with the ball deep in my half and went on a "Maradonaesque" run. I beat 6 defenders and had played the ball passed the goal keeper, but the f***ing referee called the game over right before the ball crossed the goal line. The referee was laughing.

I was pretty pissed, but we were winning like 3 - 0 anyway so I guess the referee had let the play run to see how far I could go before calling the game.

Man...I would've been so pissed if that had happened. I would've had some choice words with the Ref, that's for sure. But, you know, if you did it once you can do it again, right?

Last edited by jbmarine7; June 9th, 2004 at 17:23.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2004, 06:29
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by jbmarine7
Man...I would've been so if that had happened. I would've just given him the one fingered salute(or two if you're English) and said you f****r. Seems the ideal response eh?

I would challenge him to a duel then promptly hire a mob hit on him.....If I were cool that is

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2004, 05:55
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazón

Dude that sucks buts its so ****en funny to

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2004, 04:28
Rising Star

Teams: Chelsea
sazon i never knew people played soccer down in puerto rico i went to visit my grandpa in isabella but i went to san juan and el dorado and i was bored out of my mind no1 played soccer i sat around all day juggling and kicking the ball against the wall

im back for the first time
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2004, 04:31
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano, FC Rangers
Well I was covering near post on a corner, the goalie came out, fell over, and the striker was alone and he shot the ball in and i blocked it and then one of my defenders tried to clear it to the left of the goal instead of out where i was kicking it and he nailed me in the nuts and i scored an own goal

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER GIACINTO FACCHETTI, LEGEND OF THE INTERNAZIONALE AND ITALIAN GAME
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2004, 15:37
Premier Player

I was one-on-one with one of my mates from school. He never really expects me to score so he starts trying to psyche me out a bit.

"Come on, you short-arse!"

So I score past him.

"AWWWW Fu...."

Kinda fun. Particularly as the lad didn't even move.

Come with me and live a lie on t'Internet!
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2004, 23:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
It wasn't that funny, but I've led a dull existence it seems. I was in net and I went to the edge of my box and made a save, but the ball bounced yards away. I got up and beat the striker to the ball, taking it round him. I then took it to the left and evaded another challenge. With nobody closing me down I ran up the wing with it, before taking one more on. By this time I was on the half way line, so I decided to cross it in to our striker, but we didn't score from it. It was till funny as the tournament favourites couldn't get it off a keeper.

They do say all keepers are mad...

~ The Green ne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in