Happy Birthday Bente Nordby!!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2003, 21:54 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Manchester United & Norway
Happy Birthday Bente Nordby!!!

"Gratulerer Med Dagen Bente Nordby!!!"

Today is the 29th birthday of the one of the best goalkeepers ever to play women's soccer. Bente Nordby is the only goalkeeper ever to win the World Cup, an Olympic Gold medal and a domestic club championship. During the next year Bente will have the opportunity to not only add a UEFA women's club championship trophy to her collection, but also another World Cup and Olympic medal as well.

Right now Bente is enjoying a two week break from playing soccer before an extremely busy period playing for her club team Kolbotn and the Norwegian National Team. This weekend Bente will meet with most of the Norwegian National team (except for Dagny Mellgren, Unni Lehn, and of course Hege Riise ) for a special training camp. After the week long training camp Norway has a friendly match against Nigeria in Ålesund. Norway.

The week after that Bente's club team Kolbotn plays against Marianne Pettersen's club Asker in an extremely important league match and then two weeks after that Kolbotn will host one group of the UEFA women's club championships and will play three important group matches in five days. After that there will be two more league matches with Kolbotn and then six weeks with the National Team that will hopefully culminate with an appearance in the championship match at the Home Depot Center on October 12th.

HEIA NORDBY!!

"I have a feeling sometimes when I think it is going to be my night." Ole Gunnar Solskjær, May 26, 1999 in Barcelona after scoring the winning goal in the UEFA Champions League Final.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2003, 06:31 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Manchester United & Norway
Happy Birthday Anita Rapp!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by solskjaer20 This weekend Bente will meet with most of the Norwegian National team (except for Dagny Mellgren, Unni Lehn, and of course Hege Riise ) for a special training camp. After the week long training camp Norway has a friendly match against Nigeria in Ålesund. Norway.

After that there will be two more league matches with Kolbotn and then six weeks with the National Team that will hopefully culminate with an appearance in the championship match at the Home Depot Center on October 12th.
Just thought I would also mention that Anita Rapp, another player on the Norwegian National Team, celebrated her 26th birthday today flying from San Diego to New York. Yesterday evening Anita assisted on a goal scored by Tiffeny Milbrett as her New York Power club managed to escape San Diego with a 1-1 draw despite being outshot by the Spirit 22-5!

On a personal note, I had a nice chance to wish Anita "Gratulerer Med Dagen" after the match and got a confirmation from her that she will be traveling back to Norway to join Bente for Norway's training camp and the friendly match against Nigeria even though that means she will miss the Power's important match on August 1st vs. Dagny Mellgren's Boston Breakers. New York is in contention for one of the four spots in the WUSA playoffs and right now sits just one point behind the fourth place Washington Freedom.

I also got a chance to tell Anita that I have reserved my ticket for the World Cup Final and that I fully expect to watch her playing with Bente in the Championship match. Anita also expects to be out there on the pitch of the Home Depot Center on October 12 and she thought it was "veldig kult" (very ) that I will be there with my huge Norwegian flag cheering for Norway.

"Heia Norge!!"

"I have a feeling sometimes when I think it is going to be my night." Ole Gunnar Solskjær, May 26, 1999 in Barcelona after scoring the winning goal in the UEFA Champions League Final.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in