Xtratime Community banner

Hungary vs Israel - 15/08/12 (Friendly)

5K views 160 replies 19 participants last post by  szövkap 
#1 ·
The game will take place in the Puskas Stadion.

Squads are yet to be announced.

Hajra Magyarok!

#6 ·
I checked their FIFA ranking and they are 82nd.. how is that possible :S Thought they were like a pot 2 or a very close to pot 2 team at least.

#9 ·
well, they WERE up and coming but it seems like they fell off.

#14 ·
Squad Announced

Goalkeepers:
Bogdán Ádám (Bolton Wanderers)
Király Gábor (1860 München)
Megyeri Balázs (Olympiakosz)

Defenders:
Varga József (DVSC-TEVA)
Vanczák Vilmos (Sion)
Korcsmár Zsolt (Brann Bergen)
Mészáros Norbert (DVSC-TEVA)
Juhász Roland (Anderlecht)
Lipták Zoltán (Győri ETO)
Laczkó Zsolt (Sampdoria)
Halmosi Péter (Haladás)

Midfielders:
Gyurcsó Ádám (Videoton)
Gera Zoltán (WBA)
Koman Vladimir (FK Krasznodar)
Hajnal Tamás (VfB Stuttgart)
Szakály Péter (DVSC-TEVA)
Pintér Ádám (Real Zaragoza)
Dzsudzsák Balázs (Dinamo Moszkva)

Strikers:
Szalai Ádám (Mainz)
Szabics Imre (Sturm Graz)
Németh Krisztián (Roda JC)

Zolly is back :D

#29 ·
This is a very decent line-up. Best we have, really, take or leave one.
Vadocz is not in form, has not been for half a season. Rudolf ha snot played and does not have a team. Elek has not trained or played, he just found a team. Priska - well, I have no argument except that I would take the above three over him myself. Although Szabics has not at his previous best, so here there is space for discussion (I'd still take Szabics, personal preference, Priska just makes me very mad). Kiraly is one of the few pillars of the team - his experience and leadership is needed on and off the pitch (Bogdan will defend).

I like that we continue the renewal with Gyurcso, Szakaly (who did not impress me that much, but was not a disaster for sure), and Meszaros (who I think we kind of overrated, bc he is a bit slow, but was solid enough no doubt in the games he played, so take him as a kind of Liptak 2, but I'd take him over Liptak now, for some reason), and I also like to see Halmosi, who did decently in previous games. In other words, i like that the previous friendlies were actually used to select players who can/could be integrated.

Overall, the best we have based on previous games and curent situation. Morever, this is the "fullest" line-up in a long time. I do not know how fit is BUzsaky, but I would have brought him in, that would be my addition.

#15 ·
defenders is looking horrible. We only have 1 DM (if Varga is being considered as a RB).. ugh. Why so many central defenders?!

#19 ·
Goalkeepers:
Bogdán Ádám (Bolton Wanderers)
Király Gábor (1860 München)
Megyeri Balázs (Olympiakosz)

Defenders:
Varga József (DVSC-TEVA)
Vanczák Vilmos (Sion)
Korcsmár Zsolt (Brann Bergen)
Mészáros Norbert (DVSC-TEVA)
Juhász Roland (Anderlecht)
Lipták Zoltán (Győri ETO)
Laczkó Zsolt (Sampdoria)
Halmosi Péter (Haladás)

Midfielders:
Gyurcsó Ádám (Videoton)
Gera Zoltán (WBA)
Koman Vladimir (FK Krasznodar)
Hajnal Tamás (VfB Stuttgart)
Szakály Péter (DVSC-TEVA)
Pintér Ádám (Real Zaragoza)

Dzsudzsák Balázs (Dinamo Moszkva)

Strikers:
Szalai Ádám (Mainz)
Szabics Imre (Sturm Graz)
Németh Krisztián (Roda JC)

9 players I think shouldn't be in the squad.

#25 ·
Im gonna spell it out for the unbalanced..Kiraly played amazing in the euro qualifers and plays consistently now (backup goalie so who cares); Meszaros is top central defender in Hungary and better than korcsmar; Laczko plays in serie "A and Halmosi outplayed Irish team (have no left backs); Hajnal still plays consistently in one of top leagues (I dont complain as long as he dont play);Szakaly-who cares, they are giving him a chance; Pinter is stupidest argument anyone can have...plays consistently in top league in world, is young, and has played very solid for NT..why would anyone complain about him shows idiocy; nemeth should have gotten a chance at 17 and was anointed as the next great striker for Hungary..he will and deserves to get every chance in the world to produce..the upside is so high, they cannot afford to turn back on him.People who complain just stir things up.

#28 ·
Vadocz, Elek, Priska, Rudolf.. all missing. Yet we have 5 CBs.. mi a fasz?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.