SEMI FINALS

Thursday, 28.01.2010
Luanda, 17:00 CET

Ghana vs Nigeria

Thursday, 28.01.2010
Benguela, 20:30 CET

Algeria vs Egypt

----------------------------

Two of the hottest NT derbies in the World in these Semis. Logic says Ghana vs Egypt in the Final but this tournament produced already some big shocks.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2010, 22:32
World Class Player

Teams: Torino
Egypt-Algeria should be a fun one to watch.

I would agree with the favorite picks (Ghana and Egypt), but you never know. To be honest though, I don't think any team has been playing exceptionally this tournament, so there really is no team that is far and away a favorite.

FORZA VECCHIO CUORE GRANATA!

NWO BABY
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2010, 07:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
you right, but on paper i would say both ghana and egypt to the final as Filipe said.

i can`t wait the algeria vs egypt match.

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2010, 14:43
Legend

Nigeria v Algeria for the final.

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2010, 17:46
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
unless ref intervenes to change the outcome like against ivory coast, egypt should win this cup...

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2010, 20:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
unless ref intervenes to change the outcome like against ivory coast, egypt should win this cup...
Sure. Your 3rd "goal" against Cameroon is really a proof of how you've been harrassed by the refs in this tournament.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 01:28
Legend

“It is great playing Egypt again as it offers us a chance to prove we beat them fairly and not through luck… I am convinced we can do something special in Angola.” – Hamer Bouazza.

“It will be a matter of life and death in that game. For both sides it will be like a war. For us it is a chance to show the world that we deserve to go to the World Cup and if we beat them, we will be able to watch the World Cup with pride.” - Mohamed Zidan.

I can see that even Zidan is very bitter. It's gonna be a tense match..

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 01:41
Star Player

Teams: CSKA Moscow, AC Milan and Russia NT
Odemwingie for da win!!

CSKA
Chamions League CHAMPIONS 2008
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 01:56
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
Sure. Your 3rd "goal" against Cameroon is really a proof of how you've been harrassed by the refs in this tournament.
ya a wrong goal when ur ALREADY 2-1 up and playing 11 v 10 men with a few minutes left to take it to 3-1 is the same influence on a result as a 3-2 game and you rule out a goal to take it to 3-3 a few minutes from penalties, seriously am not in the mood for such creative intelligence...

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 12:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Köyel View Post
“It is great playing Egypt again as it offers us a chance to prove we beat them fairly and not through luck… I am convinced we can do something special in Angola.” – Hamer Bouazza.

“It will be a matter of life and death in that game. For both sides it will be like a war. For us it is a chance to show the world that we deserve to go to the World Cup and if we beat them, we will be able to watch the World Cup with pride.” - Mohamed Zidan.

I can see that even Zidan is very bitter. It's gonna be a tense match..
Isn't Hamer Bouazza actually English of Algerian parentage? Maybe that's why he's a little less aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 14:21
International

Teams: Chelsea, Deportivo, Parma and Dortmund
I go with Ghana to win the tournament. I hope they can beat Nigeria, so Mikel can return early to Chelsea. And I really falled in love with Kwadwo Asamoah, amazing talent.
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 14:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
ya a wrong goal when ur ALREADY 2-1 up and playing 11 v 10 men with a few minutes left to take it to 3-1 is the same influence on a result as a 3-2 game and you rule out a goal to take it to 3-3 a few minutes from penalties, seriously am not in the mood for such creative intelligence...
Cameroon was playing with 11 men and looking for an equaliser when they got screwed by the ref with that shocking decision at the 95th minute, meaning that there were still 25 minutes of extra-time to level things up and even win the game.

Hardly surprising though as it's far from being the first time that Egypt gets incredible calls on their favour when playing in the ANC.

Nelson Mandela
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 15:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Oh yeah, we have the officials in our pockets, that's why Nadir Belhadj managed to stay on the field despite playing martial arts in Sudan. The score at the time was 0-0.

Quote:
The match did not disappoint. The tone of the evening was set by Nadir Belhadj’s crunching tackle on Ahmed El Muhammadi after 56 seconds. The Portsmouth left back received a yellow card but the tackle sparked a męlée in the middle of the pitch. Belhadj was fortunate to stay on the field after he brought down Ahmed Hassan later in the half
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6922441.ece

Algeria 2-1 Egypt, ANC 2004, the match which led to our elimination from the tournament

Quote:
The referee makes a very poor decision when he books Belal for diving in the Algerian penalty area, when the player was clearly fouled. For his troubles, Belal is booked yet the Pharaohs have been denied another spot-kick by some wayward officiating
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ca/3441711.stm

We get calls for and against us.

We won 2 ANCs on the trot, 6 in total (record) and are in the semis for the 3rd consecutive time.. so your cheap shot is laughable. I guess Eto'o isn't the only bitter one..

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 16:19
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid
1-0 ghana.

nigeria have been the better team, but still a crap game.

"A problem in my heart compels me to retire but my heart is still beating Real Madrid"

Ruben De la Red

post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 17:34
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
Cameroon was playing with 11 men and looking for an equaliser when they got screwed by the ref with that shocking decision at the 95th minute, meaning that there were still 25 minutes of extra-time to level things up and even win the game.

Hardly surprising though as it's far from being the first time that Egypt gets incredible calls on their favour when playing in the ANC.
it doesnt matter, if he didnt count the goal it would have been egypt 2-1 up and 11 v 10 ONLY A FEW MINUTES LATER....the red card was not far..

post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 18:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Ghana 1-0 Nigeria FT
(Asamoah Gyan 22')

As expected the young Black Stars beat an unimpressive Nigerian side and booked their place in the final of Sunday in Luanda through another great goal by Asamoah Gyan.

Nelson Mandela
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 18:25
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Serbia
should have been 2-0 when they had that break.
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 19:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Three 1-0 wins in a row, that's an idication that Ghana know how to take a lead and keep it. Reaching the final despite missing all their big stars is some achievement.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 19:04
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
incredibly boring game

very disappointed with Nigeria, they look awful

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2010, 19:36
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/e1-00000041#flashWrapper

lets hope this is better.

i have yet to see a good game in this tournament. that ghana-nigeria game, that was death.

"A problem in my heart compels me to retire but my heart is still beating Real Madrid"

Ruben De la Red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in