Tunisia Trying To Steal Algerian Keeper - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2006, 01:47 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Tunisia Trying To Steal Algerian Keeper

Tunisia is trying to convince Olympique Marseille goalkeeper Mehdi Sennaoui to play for them. The 20-year old former junior French international has already played for Algeria in a non-official match and has repeatedly said he wants to represent Algeria. However, France coach Roger Lemerre is trying to have him represent Tunisia ... only problem is the player has no relation to Tunisia. He's never lived there (born and raised in France) and his family has zero connection to Tunisia. The only possible link is that he is from eastern Algeria.

What do you guys think about this? I understand with Santos and Clayton with both of them having played in Tunisia for a number of years but this is just ridiculous. And out of all countries to steal from ... their own neighbors, and not even a strong country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2006, 08:58
Legend

Teams: AFC Ajax Amsterdam
That would be incredibly strange. So if I understand correctly, it would be like Belgium trying to lure a player from the south of Holland to play for them? That's ridiculous, but I don't see the problem. If the player wants to play for Algeria, he should say no to Tunisia.

Mens Sana In Corpore Sano

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." - Malcolm X
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2006, 13:56 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Im just looking at it from an organization point of view, what is the Tunisian FA really trying to accomplish here? They have one of the top leauges in Africa (if not the best) and has a number of European-born prospects to consider as well. Why are they resorting to these sort of tactics? I mean to just have a player with absolutely no link to the country represent it is a shame and I cant believe Tunisians would stand for it. Its turning into Qatar and their athletics program.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2006, 14:50
Legend

Teams: AFC Ajax Amsterdam
You are right of course, it is not correct by the Tunisians, but the fact that they have Santos and Clayton already showes that they are willing to go far for a good team.

Mens Sana In Corpore Sano

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." - Malcolm X
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2006, 15:31 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Another development I just found out concerning the Tunisian FA:

Starting next year. they have banned any foreign GK's in the Tunisian league. I guess there's a shortage of quality keepers available to them.

And concenring Santos and Clayton, to be fair, both players played for years in the Tunisian league, so at least thats understandable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in