Kalou wants to play for CIV - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2006, 14:06 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Kalou wants to play for CIV

Yup, THAT Kalou (not Bonaventure)

This guy is frikking ridiculous. Long story short, the Dutch thingy fell through and now he wants in with Les Elephants.

I think Henri Michel should cap him after the WC and then dump him. Safe to say that won't happen but from what I've heard/read, SK is a class player (well, Chelsea want him) and would have been a great addition to the current squad.

Over to you FIF. Courtesy of the Beeb

Quote:
Striker Salomon Kalou has told a Dutch magazine he has abandoned his quest to play for Holland and will pitch his tent with his native Ivory Coast.
"The book [on playing for Holland] is closed," Sportweek quoted Kalou as saying.

"After the World Cup, I'll do what my brother Bonaventure promised: play for Ivory Coast."

Bonaventure, Salomon's elder brother, plays for French side Paris Saint Germain and will be at next month's World Cup with the West African side.

"Everyone knows that I would have liked to have played for the Netherlands at the World Cup in Germany," the younger Kalou told the magazine.

"There's no choice left for me, since I don't expect to remain playing football in the Holland for long. I have to get on with my career."

Despite the backing of Dutch national coach Marco van Basten, Kalou's request for fast-tracked citizenship was rejected by immigration minister Rita Verdonk, who has a reputation for strictly enforcing the country's immigration laws.

Verdonk refused to make an exception for Kalou and insisted he must pass a Dutch language examination before he can be naturalized
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 16:39
DAR
Premier Player

Teams: Morocco NT, Dutch NT, Juventus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwame_Toronto
Yup, THAT Kalou (not Bonaventure)

This guy is frikking ridiculous. Long story short, the Dutch thingy fell through and now he wants in with Les Elephants.

I think Henri Michel should cap him after the WC and then dump him. Safe to say that won't happen but from what I've heard/read, SK is a class player (well, Chelsea want him) and would have been a great addition to the current squad.

Over to you FIF. Courtesy of the Beeb
no he shouldn't be capped at all...I actually thought he was sincere in switching nationalities at first :rollani: seeing that he might actually feel at home in holland or something i don't know..but he's showing qualities of a mercenary...perhaps verdonk was right in her assessment in that he was just using the dutch as a platform for his career and he will leave holland @ any given chance if he was naturalized...

i really have no respect for people like him..talented player..but a mercenary

Marouane Chamakh is the truth..hold it down in bordeaux
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 21:30
International

This must be really embarrasing for him.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 12:37
gOD
Legend

Meanwhile it seems certain that Salomon will move to Chelsea. However it is not sure yeat that he will play for them. Kalou doesn't have the necessary amount of international games yet.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2006, 14:19
Rising Star

He haven't the work permit since he wasn't granted a dutch nationality and never played for CIV national team. Maybe he will be loaned back to Feyenoord for one more season?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2006, 21:29
Star Player

Teams: North London Reds
Kalou's a sell out- period. He only wants to play for CIV not because that is where he's from cos he got rejected. Shame.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2006, 21:41
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Exactly, even as a Feyenoord fan I can't help but feel disgusted about the entire thing and I sincerely hope Ivory Coast decide not to call him up, ever.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2006, 13:21
Rising Star

seems he could apply work permit as the exceptional talent
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2006, 21:01
Star Player

Teams: Dutch football
Holland doesn't need him... he belongs to Ivory Coast.

"Always look on the bright side of life"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in