Western Sydney Wanderers FC - Page 6 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 135 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:54
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT

Yeah apparently he "only" wants $1m instead of his initial $2m now.

WSW interest in Shinji Ono is part of the reason why he has lowered his price tag.

Tbh i would much rather see Michael than Shinji. I believe that Shinji would have a Yorke like impact if he does come but the aura that will come with Ballack will be unbelievable.

The "big" announcement was Beauchamp's captaincy appointment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 135 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2012, 05:35 Thread Starter
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Anyway, looks like the FFA have vetoed the Ballack deal, his $1.6m salary request apparently too high.

It's a small price to pay in the investment of the entire league, and the drop from Ballack to Ono is a big one (not in terms of quality but in terms of attraction).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
Beauchamp is captain, that's all it was.

Give Ballack a 2 Bedroom Housing Commission home in Mt Druitt with a lovely sheila house maid called Sharon, and a few of the youngin on the dole, and im sure he will come running
Can you imagine Ballack trying to pronounce "Shazza"?
post #103 of 135 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2012, 09:07
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico 10 View Post
Can you imagine Ballack trying to pronounce "Shazza"?
Schizer

post #104 of 135 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2012, 11:08
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
Shinji Ohno

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
post #105 of 135 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2012, 14:29
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Up their with the likes of Yorke and Juninho in terms of the quality of marquee signing.

Not a Del Piero or Ballack but will be very effective imo.
post #106 of 135 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2012, 13:17 Thread Starter
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Better team in a horrible game of football.

Solid defensively, good through midfield (especially Mooy) but have absolutely nothing in attack - no creativity, no bite, no instinct, no hope of goals.

Ono came on midway through the second half and looked slow, sluggish and overweight. With Mooy as good as he is in midfield, it begs the question as to why you would buy an aged foreigner to play a similar role at $1m a season. Ballack would have been so much more useful.
post #107 of 135 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2012, 00:15 Thread Starter
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

The derby has already been sold out
post #108 of 135 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2012, 01:05
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

On top of that, over 35 thousand went to the SFC vs Jets game and they are expecting 17,000 in Newcastle this weekend for the F3 derby.

Roar smashed the Victory in front of a decent crowd and this newfound rivalry between Melbourne and Victory - it keeps things interesting.

Rado is a class guy but he sounds like Branko
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...-1226495576592

post #109 of 135 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2012, 06:02
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Great news about the derby except i was planning on going but i didnt purchase a ticket

Will anyone be going to it?
post #110 of 135 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2012, 06:18 Thread Starter
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

I'm in the same boat, wanted to buy a few tickets today and spent yesterday gathering numbers.

I have an offer or two of stray tickets, but not really interested in going without the planned group.
post #111 of 135 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2012, 06:43
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Grella signed for the Heart

post #112 of 135 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:24
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Great atmosphere at the Derby with the sold out crowd.

Good intensity in the match but a bit too scrappy for my liking.

WSW actually have the better players overall (bar Del Piero of course) but they just cant score a goal!
post #113 of 135 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:54
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

scum of the M4

post #114 of 135 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2012, 01:36
Premier Player

Teams: ACMilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac View Post
scum of the M4
Get back in the Toolshed, eastie plastic...

"In the frigid football at the end of the century, which detests defeat and forbids all fun, that man was one of the few who proved that fantasy can be efficient."

~Galeano on Maradona
post #115 of 135 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2012, 23:13
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

post #116 of 135 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:55 Thread Starter
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Went to the final.

Shame it wasn't at Sydney Olympic Park, because there would have been many more seats filled than the Sydney Football Stadium can accommodate. Screw the 'lack of atmosphere', it's the number that stays in the history books, and we lost a chance to set a very historic number.

Pre-match - terrible, gates were supposed to open at 2pm but on the western side it was 3:40pm by the time fans trickled in one by one, being let in by stadium staff with handheld scanners. The actual gates weren't used

The match - very poor from WSW, but intelligent and well executed by Central Coast, very deserved winners. Great to watch ol' Mile Sterjovski and Ibini especially, whilst only Mooy had a decent game for the Wanderers.

The fans - very passionate, loud, colourful and plentiful, but for me somewhat artificial. Not a lot of football intelligence, so a lot of it isn't reactive to the match and therefore irrelevant. I do appreciate the passion, I just don't really 'feel' it. I hope in time they'll try and learn to react to and influence matches rather than do things for the sake of doing things (i.e., turning their backs on the match at a point where the team needs them most and is actually pushing players forward, and singing "we'll follow you forever" after it ... illogical).

Post match - really great to see almost the entire stadium stay for the trophy ceremony and break the Australian tradition of presenting the prize in an empty stadium. Nullified however by the jeering/whistling Graham Arnold and his team copped as they received their medals, the trophy and made their speeches. Very tasteless and a bit of sportsmanship and respect wouldn't have gone astray.
post #117 of 135 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:17
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Great summary zeek! Very happy for Arnold CCM and the Central Coast fans. They deserved to finally win one!

Will be interesting to see what happens with wsw fanbase next year. Does it grow?stay same? Reduce?

post #118 of 135 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2013, 13:57
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac View Post
Great summary zeek! Very happy for Arnold CCM and the Central Coast fans. They deserved to finally win one!

Will be interesting to see what happens with wsw fanbase next year. Does it grow?stay same? Reduce?
i dont really see it reducing at all mate. ive waited for this team for a while, and this season i ended up going to the odd game but nothing solid. semis, finals, the derby and two other matches. i enjoyed watching them live and watching them on tv, its the kind of football ill follow. the atmosphere is great but like said above, it's random. some of these chants could be used to rev the team up, surely that's why you're doing it. but practice makes perfect, the guys are into it, its great to see

to be honest im with the wsw faithful, loads of bandwagoners. i have friends who couldnt tell you two players from the wanderers get tickets to the final. but, they need bums on seats so you cant complain. good thing is there is still plenty of families going, and that's the bulk of your numbers

in regular season para stadium isnt gonna sell out. theyll continue trying to break 10k. the stadium itself is shit, parking is abysmal. but the location is fantastic enough for exactly that amount and if the game matters it will be close to a sell out. ill be happy to see the team average 13/14k next season, that would be unbelievable and probably a bit unrealistic.

the RBB are still a novelty and people go to see them. depends how long that will last. and if the team is midtable, or theres no shinji?

let's not look too far ahead, just enjoy it for now and appreciate the good vibe that's going aroiund.

"A problem in my heart compels me to retire but my heart is still beating Real Madrid"

Ruben De la Red

post #119 of 135 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2013, 14:42
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Wsw have brought a lot to the league and its fantastic but I laugh at those ( quite a few of my mates) that have spent 7 years bagging the shit out of it, saying how crap it is compared to epl ( like it was ever meant to compete), it is corrupt, most boring football on planet and so on now flock to the games in groups, analyse performances, shots, goals, tactics, buy all the merch and plan for the future.... The league got interesting over night? Hehe term glory hunting comes to mind

post #120 of 135 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2013, 14:47
Xtratime Legend

I still think the A-League is shit.

Śuvres complčtes de Fikret Smiljanić

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in