Forwards:
Dwight Yorke (TTO)
Sasho Petrovski
David Zdrillic
John Buonovaglia
Kazuyoshi Miura (JPN) guest

Manager: Pierre Littbarski (DEU)
Assistant: Ian Crook

Fansite: http://www.sydneyfc.tk/, http://www.sydneyfc.silver-x.net/ , http://football.tancred.net/Sydney-FC , http://www.freewebtown.com/sydneyfc , http://sydneyfc.proboards38.com/index.cgi

Last edited by Onree; November 30th, 2005 at 03:21.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 591 (permalink) Old March 1st, 2005, 23:50
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
can't wait till the bloody season start
c'mon SYDNEY

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
post #3 of 591 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2005, 13:38
BANNED!
Rising Star

O -ly-mp-ic O -ly-mp-ic O -ly-mp-ic

post #4 of 591 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2005, 14:04 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: teh AFC lolz
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDHOT7
O -ly-mp-ic O -ly-mp-ic O -ly-mp-ic
Don't post here if you're going to act like that.
post #5 of 591 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2005, 01:13
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

you're more than welcome to open up a NSWPL thread and chant that all you want but this is for people that will follow Sydney FC

post #6 of 591 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2005, 03:38
Rising Star

Teams: Politehnica Timişoara, Sydney FC, RO, SRB, AU
I think its great for Australian football that they have taken out the ethnic backgrounds from the soccer clubs...now when Sydney wins the whole city can be proud of the team, not just an ethnic background of that city how it was before.
post #7 of 591 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2005, 06:39 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

David Zdrilic has vowed to help new Sydney FC manager Pierre Littbarski transform Aussie Stadium into a football arena that rivals the intimidating European venue where he enjoyed the best night of his career.

The Sydney striker succeeded where stars such as Michael Owen, Alessandro Del Piero and Ronaldinho failed by scoring the winning goal at Celtic Park - home of Scottish champion Celtic - that ended a 77-game, 33-month unbeaten run in Glasgow last April.

Juventus, Porto, Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Barcelona were just some of the sides who failed to win at the 60,000-capacity ground before Zdrilic's late goal inspired Scottish premier league strugglers Aberdeen to a 2-1 win.

That moment remains the 30-year-old's career highlight but he believes there is sufficient football interest in Sydney to rival the renowned Celtic Park atmosphere.

"It is great to be playing at a great stadium in Sydney," said Zdrilic after his third day of pre-season training under 1990 German World Cup winner Littbarski.

"Just like at Celtic Park, I want to be playing in front of a full house here.

"To be on that kind of stage (Celtic Park) was awe-inspiring and scoring the winner was a dream in itself. It makes you appreciate why you play football.

"They had gone so long unbeaten and teams like Barcelona, Bayern and Juventus had all been there and hadn't won and then Aberdeen come and do it.

"It was the best single game that I can remember playing in before 60,000 people and nobody expecting us to win. It was very special and one I'll never forget.

"That stadium at Celtic Park is amazing just because of the atmosphere but the potential is there in Sydney and all my efforts are on creating that kind of atmosphere here.

"We've got a lot to work for but it's a great challenge and is very exciting with an excellent new coach. Our aim is to pack this stadium out," commented Zdrilic of an Aussie Stadium that is normally near its 42,500 capacity for rugby union games involving the NSW Waratahs.

Without a sustainable league, Australia's football lovers are used to seeing their best talent depart for the money and glory of Europe.

But Sydneysider Zdrilic, who himself left Sydney United for Swiss club Aarau in 1997, can see a time when Australia's big name players such as Mark Viduka and Harry Kewell return home to finish their careers in the A-League.

"I think a lot of the guys are watching closely to see how this A-League goes," said Zdrilic.

"I think if it does work out then you will see a lot of Aussies wanting to come back because it is very difficult overseas and a long way from home.

"It was amazing back then to go overseas and a lot of guys have aspirations to go to Europe, but I think a good league will ensure they will want to stay in Australia.

"I would've stayed a lot longer overseas if the new league wasn't starting up, I must admit.

The well-travelled Zdrilic longs to add to his haul of 29 caps and 19 goals for Australia.

He believes Littbarski can help fire him into contention for a slot in the World Cup finals play-offs later this year and would welcome playing alongside marquee signing-target Dwight Yorke.

"Pierre has been great from the first minute and I'm used to his style of coaching from my time in Germany," said Zdrilic, who numbers German sides Ulm, Unterhaching and Eintracht among the eight clubs he has represented.
post #8 of 591 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2005, 13:18
Rising Star

David Zdrilic > his former club is SV Eintracht Trier 05, played just 11 matches before he left to Sydney. He´s a very experienced player though, as he played in the German 1.Bundesliga (38 games, 7 goals) and in the Scottish Premier League (Aberdeen). I´ve seen him play a few years ago. He seems like a very useful player to me.
post #9 of 591 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2005, 23:18
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

man it waould be awesome if we could by some miracle have a full house.. it would be heaven...

post #10 of 591 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2005, 13:22 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Sydney FC has announced the signing of former Everton youth player David Carney from Scottish side Hamilton Academicals.

The former U20 Australian midfielder becomes Hyundai A-League club Sydney FC's 17th player, and returns to Australia after five seasons in the UK.

"David impressed me during his trial and we have decided to offer him a contract," the club's head coach Pierre Littbarski said.

"He is our 17th player and we will be filling the last two places before the deadline on Tuesday. I think it is important to have the squad finalised as soon as possible as I stated when I arrived in the job."

The club also says it will 'continue its pursuit of former Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke.'

---------

Squad page updated.
post #11 of 591 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2005, 04:57 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

First Sydney FC Trial Game Details:

Sydney FC v Manly United
Friday March 25th, 5pm Kick Off
Cromer Park, South Creek Road, Dee Why
post #12 of 591 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2005, 06:27 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Sydney FC have signed former Northern Ireland U21 captain Terry McFlynn, just three days before the transfer deadline on Tuesday, making him their 18th signing.

McFlynn put pen to paper yesterday after impressing coach Pierre Littbarski during a two-week trial.

The 23-year-old midfielder is the 18th player to join Sydney FC, with the ambitious Hyundai A-League club set to confirm one more signing before Tuesday and then the addition of a marque player to fill the squad.

“Terry did well in the Trials,” said Sydney FC coach Pierre Littbarski. “He needs some work on fitness but he has showed us that he will be a good player. We now have 18 players and we will be signing the next one up before the deadline (March 15).

“That will leave us with one place and that will be for the marque player.”

McFlynn spent eight years playing professional football in England, most notably a four year stint with Queens Park Rangers, after trialling with Manchester United as a teenager.

He joins Sydney FC after playing last season with Morecambe in the English Nationwide Conference league, where he scored 13 goals in 44 appearances.

The former Northern Ireland captain has moved to Sydney with his Australian wife and will settle Down Under after securing a deal with the club.

McFlynn enjoyed a decorated junior career in international football with Northern Ireland, representing at U15, U16, U18, U21 and U23 level, captaining his country at all levels.

TERRY McFLYNN

International Career

U15 - 14 Caps
U16 - 23 Caps (2 as captain)
U18 - 18 Caps (4 as captain)
U21 - 22 Caps (5 as captain)
U23 - 1 Cap (1 as captain)

Club Career

1996 - Visited Manchester United for trials
1996 – 2000: Queens Park Rangers (English Division 1)
2000 – 2001: Woking (Nationwide Conference)
2001 – 2003: Margate (Nationwide Conference)
2003 – 2004: Morecambe (Nationwide Conference)
post #13 of 591 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2005, 13:43
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
so did yorke and his $1 million per year contract end up coming to sydney FC or not?
post #14 of 591 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2005, 13:49
Legend

Teams: Australian Football, Italian Football
Sydney FC today signed Matt Bingley. Bingley was a part of the Glory championship winning squad last season. Just the marquee player to go now, still in negotitations with Yorke.

Was King Italy..
post #15 of 591 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2005, 23:17
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

This is the blonde (used to have long hair) Bingley that started out at Marconi, right?

post #16 of 591 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2005, 05:18
Legend

Teams: Australian Football, Italian Football
Yeah.

Was King Italy..
post #17 of 591 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2005, 06:29
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

i have nothing important to say and just wanted to lift the Sydney FC thread above the Oldcastle Seaplanes thread. Vagabondo will know what i'm talking about

post #18 of 591 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2005, 06:42
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac
i have nothing important to say and just wanted to lift the Sydney FC thread above the Oldcastle Seaplanes thread. Vagabondo will know what i'm talking about
nonsense, i just want to keep Newcastle on the front page in the prominent position we deserve, my pride doesn't extend far enough to keep it on the top of the heap though

there just isn't enough to say about this town , but leave our rusty old seaplanes out of it , when the New Zealanders come to make Sydney their capital, you'll be pleased to know that Williamtown RAAF base can come to your rescue
post #19 of 591 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2005, 11:24
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

you're a good sport mate

post #20 of 591 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2005, 11:27
Star Player

knew the kiwi threat would hev you running for cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in