Xtratime Community banner

I come in peace, LOL

1K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  valencianoVCF1 
#1 ·
Hello friends, i live in USA and I'll be in madrid next month. I'm going to see the game Atletico vs Valencia, but i have some questions, hopefuly someone can help me. As u might already know I'm valencianista 100% and i'll be rooting for them so which seats should I get, and please serious answers, in order to enjoy the game in peace. I'm not a hooligan when in comes to cheering for my team but I'll be celebrating every chance they get to score, every yellow card, etc, etc. I won't wear my valencia jersey just to keep it safe in the streets. I was thinking in buy tickets in the "lateral section" or fondo Sur. Thanks for your help.

#3 ·
I'm in the Calderon on Sunday when Atlético plays Athletic, so we're in a similar situation.

If I'm not mistaken the criminals of Frente Atlético are in Fondo Sur (grada) so I wouldn't go there if I was you.
Away fans are in Fondo Norte I believe, in the corner closest to the main stand.

Anyway I'll report back on my experiences after the weekend :).

#7 ·
I'm in the Calderon on Sunday when Atlético plays Athletic, so we're in a similar situation.
Well for you it might be a bit tougher than for the Valenciano. In your case I wouldn't wear anything related to Athletic or at least not very offensively.

It is the same the other way round. A pity, of course, but still reality.

#4 ·
just wear a shirt that says i hate atleti with a middle finger and go sit with the fondo sur and you will be fine.

#6 ·
Honestly what kind of questions is this?!

Go and get tickets from Valencia or Athletic and you will be among your fans and you can cheer what ever you want to cheer.

As long as you sit right in front of Atlético fans you are provocating them. Usually nothing will happen but you never know.

It is the same in every stadium!

#9 ·
Honestly what kind of questions is this?!

Go and get tickets from Valencia or Athletic and you will be among your fans and you can cheer what ever you want to cheer.
That's not easy for foreigners, especially you should certainly know that.

You're in a peña so you don't have to cope with these problems, but what do you suggest me? First fly to Bilbao, get my ticket and move on to Madrid or what???

Of course it's possible to arrange something, but for me it's ok too to sit on a good place, lateral for example, so i've got a good view on the pitch as well on the fanatic home fans and away stand.

#10 ·
It depends what you want.

You have three chances.

Go and find someone from Athletic to buy a ticket from him
Go and buy a ticket in Madrid
Go and tell me where you wanna sit and I will make sure that you will get your tickets in the museum at matchday with your name on it! :)

I mean this is just a question of organisation.

Maybe the the most safety idea is to ask for press tickets! ;)

#11 ·
Don't really care about the safety, as long as I behave there's nothing to fear for.
Also why would they give me a press ticket? Ok I've got a crappy camera but that's all :D.

If I buy a ticket in Madrid it should easily be possible to get a lateral ticket I guess? If not for sure it won't be sold out...
Do you know if it's possible to buy one on Friday afternoon already?

Thanks for the offer btw. :thumbsup:

#15 ·
No, there is no law that they have to sell tickets. Sold out means sold out!

I don't wanna buy tickets with the valencia crowd because i've seen their location on TV and they always in the high stands and I'm gonna seat in the laterals so i can watch the game better.
Than you should think about the risks.

I don't say that sth. will happen, I am just saying you never know!

#16 ·
No, there is no law that they have to sell tickets. Sold out means sold out!

Than you should think about the risks.

I don't say that sth. will happen, I am just saying you never know!
Thanks for all your time husky. I think i'm gonna buy tickets in lateral and just watch the game as a neutral fan. either way is gonna be a great game and i just wanna be there.

#18 ·
have fun valenciano.

#19 ·
@valenciano

Just returned, bought my tickets one day in advance of the match but could've done it as well at the matchday.

I was in the lateral at the 2nd tier, the view on the pitch was good. However if you want to sit dry during the game ask for fila 15 or 16.

In the same stand as me there were Athletizales wearing scarfs and cheering during the goals, that was no problem.

In the Fondo Sur there were logically only Atlético fans, in one corner on the Fondo Norte, 2nd tier, is the away section.

Anything more you want to know?

#21 ·
Thanks for your report. I watched the game on TV congrats for the victory, great goals of Toquero. How's the security outside and inside the stadium? the sub benches are on the side of the main stand (tribuna), right? I'm gonna buy my tickets once i'm in madrid, or at least when they confirm the matchday. I was thinking in buying tickets for the first tier but since u r telling me that the view is good i might go for the 2nd, but always stayin in the lateral section. Thanks again for helping me out.

#22 ·
There shouldn't be any problems security wise. We're talking about Spain, not England or Italy.

I went to Alicante to see Hércules v Valencia. That's a very heated derby. There were no problems at all. Just lots of chants of "Puta Valencia! Puta Valencia!"

We won 2-1, so who's the puta now? (as some drunk ass Czech dude said after the match ;)).

#24 ·
Thank you guys, funny story loco, i can't wait to be there for the first time ever. I'm also going to the game against schalke, so it's a dream come true and I just wanna make sure I get tickets in the right place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.