Real Madrid Season 18/19 - Xtratime Community
 526Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1663 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 17:48 Thread Starter
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

Real Madrid Season 18/19

I thought i should open a new one

In the last game Flamengo did not include Vinicius Jr in their tram which means the kid is officially done with Flamengo

Also they failed to win and there was huge brawl at the end with 6 red cards
Dagoods likes this.

Last edited by Karim Benzema; June 23rd, 2018 at 21:00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1663 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 21:00 Thread Starter
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

What a goal by Toni
Holy shit literally 95th min
All out guys are taring it up in the WC
post #3 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2018, 16:59
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid
Spain loss this weekend has proven something I've been talking about with my friends. Keeping possession for the sake of keeping possession is useless. Isco needs to mature and let the ball go quicker, and be more daring going forward (Reason why I prefered James to him). I'm worried for Madrid next season, and I hope those young brazilians show their worth and give us more vertical running.

post #4 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2018, 17:02 Thread Starter
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

I cant believe you found space to bash Isco while he was their best player by far
post #5 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2018, 17:35
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjose View Post
Spain loss this weekend has proven something I've been talking about with my friends. Keeping possession for the sake of keeping possession is useless. Isco needs to mature and let the ball go quicker, and be more daring going forward (Reason why I prefered James to him). I'm worried for Madrid next season, and I hope those young brazilians show their worth and give us more vertical running.
I wrote a little bit about this topic somewhere else, might as well posts it here:

As we all know, our new coach Lope is most probably going to drastically change the style of football played at the Bernabeu.

While I was watching Spain vs Russia yesterday I started talking with my father about Hierro‘s decision to drop Iniesta. We both agreed that Iniesta is not only one of the best midfielders of all time but that his style of play, the kind of midfielder he represents, is an absolutely essential part of successful possession football. He is capable of opening up teams that sit back deep with a creative pass, a dribbling in the center or on the flank, and with quick combination play in tight areas.

Now why am I writing this here? We have the two best central midfielders in the world in Toni Kroos and Luka Modric. With that being said their style of play is different to somebody like Iniesta. They are primarily not used to standing in front of the other teams box and making things happen. Of course they can do it but it‘s not where they are most comfortable at. I have watched them throughout their careers even before Real Madrid.

What does that mean for us? I can see teams sitting back vs us and making us suffer. We all know that Real Madrid has been having difficulty being creative vs teams who sit back. Mostly we relied on Marcelo and Carvajal bringing in crosses. I don't see this being our main tool under Lopetegui.

Now a player that‘s not very liked in here has been reportedly requested by Lope - Thiago Alcantara. There are very different opinions on him and I will not talk about his quality but about his style. He is not at the level of Modric and Kroos, not by a long shot. It might be possible that Lope sees in him the missing piece of the puzzle for his new team. He is not on Iniesta‘s level obviously, he would bring something into the mix that we don't have in our lineup. Is it possible that Lope wants Thiago to play an integral part of the first team?

So basically I am asking myself if possession football can successfully be played with Casemiro, Modric and Kroos. Will there be big changes in order to make it work? Or will Lope drop his philosophy in order to accommodate his style of play to the strengths of his new team? I am really curious and excited about the upcoming season.

What do you guys think?
Karim Benzema and El Blanco like this.

Ma question préférée: qu'est-ce j'vais faire de tout cet oseille?
post #6 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2018, 18:17 Thread Starter
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

I will answer you very quickly and i don't think this is the thread for this discussion. But the new thread i made about out next season

This is other teams thread.
So i will post what i think there
post #7 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2018, 18:25 Thread Starter
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

@RahzeL

I do not believe we will drift away from direct winger style of play
Florentino buys inly players that suit this style and its a style our team is recognized by

Therefore Vinicius and Rodrygo...

Another thing i do not by any chance believe Julien will be given any freedom as much as Zidane was given

As a matter of fact i think Julien is just a temporary solution and i also think Zizou will be back in a year or two or Guti will be promoter

Why?
Because you need to be immense character to be given freedom like Zidane and Mou were given

For example similar freedom was given to Capello just cos we demanded one thing from him

TITLE.

Team accepted his style of play in order to et that one title we desperately needed

RIGHT AFTER THAT he was sent away

Real Madrid will always revolve around the 433 formation no matter what cos its our style of play even when anchelotti showed that with James we could play 442 possession style and effective on he was probably ordered to switch the system back to 433 once Bale was ok

That said a guy like Julien has even less power than Carlo to impose any of his tactic and he probably was informed about this

Real is a team that tells you the formation they want you to impose and player you have in your team
That is it
Unless you are Zinedin Zidane
They also gave that freedom to Mou and he showed that his def non sense does not work in Madrid and was viciously underperforming turning our team into shit

Putting Pepe a DM va Barca.What a tool

This are my 2 cents for the play next year
Also i think team is ok with no title next season so i believe Vinicius will be also incorporated in the team and i believe Bale and maybe Ronaldo too will be sold
El Blanco likes this.
post #8 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2018, 13:57
Legend

Teams: Mark, PJ and Squi
RM should gave Coentrão the Number 7 Shirt.

#FC7.

AS:
The summer holidays are at an end and the Real Madrid first team players who weren't at the World Cup in Russia will report back to work this morning for the first day of the pre-season. In total, 14 players were due to arrive in Valdebebas at 9am today to undergo the standard medical revisions. This evening, the players will be taken through their first training session under new coach Julen Lopetegui.

Lopetegui will have nine players who were part of Zidane's first team squad last season (Casilla, Luca Zidane, Vallejo, Theo, Marcos Llorente, Ceballos, Bale, Benzema and Mayoral), two new signings (Vinicius and goalkeeper Andriy Lunin) and the three players who have returned after spending last season out on loan - Ødegaard, Valverde and De Tomás.

But one player won't be turning up for the first day back at work - Fabio Coentrão. The Portuguese full-back has completed his loan at Sporting Clube and he still has one year to run on his contract with Real Madrid, but the club are trying to find an outlet for him as he doesn't not figure in Lopetegui's plans.

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

I agree with him that this was a total setup
post #9 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2018, 17:27 Thread Starter
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

They should just throw him in a dumpster
post #10 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2018, 23:28 Thread Starter
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

I wish this guys stays Fit
He will be a beast if we make him focal point of out attack
post #11 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2018, 03:46
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid
He IS a beast...when and IF he stays fit.
Karim Benzema likes this.
post #12 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2018, 04:15
Legend

And he needs to cut that hair
post #13 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2018, 13:00 Thread Starter
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post

Says who?
post #14 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2018, 13:05
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjose View Post
He IS a beast...when and IF he stays fit.
thats the problem. Every year he gets injured. Unfortunately based on his past, we know it will happen again.

And once he goes down, we really are in deep trouble.
kjose likes this.

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #15 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2018, 14:40
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Valencia CF
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post
He won't cos he's thinning and going bald.

This disguises it.
post #16 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2018, 15:15
Legend

Teams: Mark, PJ and Squi
He should do what Trump does?

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

I agree with him that this was a total setup
post #17 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2018, 18:47 Thread Starter
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

So now we gonna judge the guy hairstyle? Wow
post #18 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2018, 19:09 Thread Starter
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

Funny how Ronaldo on a simple question about what would your message to the millions of sad Madrid fans
He avoided the question and said i will prove that i am hard worker blah blah blah

He feels zero connection go the club
Absolute ZERO

I dunno how can a person even be like that
post #19 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2018, 02:19 Thread Starter
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

So pumped when i saw Vinicius and Lunin at preseason
And all other kids
Like soo many kids
post #20 of 1663 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2018, 03:02
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Benzema View Post
Funny how Ronaldo on a simple question about what would your message to the millions of sad Madrid fans
He avoided the question and said i will prove that i am hard worker blah blah blah

He feels zero connection go the club
Absolute ZERO

I dunno how can a person even be like that

he's definitely an interesting person psychologically

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in