Xtratime Community banner

Real Madrid Season 18/19

36K views 2K replies 31 participants last post by  pele10brazil 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought i should open a new one

In the last game Flamengo did not include Vinicius Jr in their tram which means the kid is officially done with Flamengo

Also they failed to win and there was huge brawl at the end with 6 red cards

#3 ·
Spain loss this weekend has proven something I've been talking about with my friends. Keeping possession for the sake of keeping possession is useless. Isco needs to mature and let the ball go quicker, and be more daring going forward (Reason why I prefered James to him). I'm worried for Madrid next season, and I hope those young brazilians show their worth and give us more vertical running.

#5 ·
I wrote a little bit about this topic somewhere else, might as well posts it here:

As we all know, our new coach Lope is most probably going to drastically change the style of football played at the Bernabeu.

While I was watching Spain vs Russia yesterday I started talking with my father about Hierro‘s decision to drop Iniesta. We both agreed that Iniesta is not only one of the best midfielders of all time but that his style of play, the kind of midfielder he represents, is an absolutely essential part of successful possession football. He is capable of opening up teams that sit back deep with a creative pass, a dribbling in the center or on the flank, and with quick combination play in tight areas.

Now why am I writing this here? We have the two best central midfielders in the world in Toni Kroos and Luka Modric. With that being said their style of play is different to somebody like Iniesta. They are primarily not used to standing in front of the other teams box and making things happen. Of course they can do it but it‘s not where they are most comfortable at. I have watched them throughout their careers even before Real Madrid.

What does that mean for us? I can see teams sitting back vs us and making us suffer. We all know that Real Madrid has been having difficulty being creative vs teams who sit back. Mostly we relied on Marcelo and Carvajal bringing in crosses. I don't see this being our main tool under Lopetegui.

Now a player that‘s not very liked in here has been reportedly requested by Lope - Thiago Alcantara. There are very different opinions on him and I will not talk about his quality but about his style. He is not at the level of Modric and Kroos, not by a long shot. It might be possible that Lope sees in him the missing piece of the puzzle for his new team. He is not on Iniesta‘s level obviously, he would bring something into the mix that we don't have in our lineup. Is it possible that Lope wants Thiago to play an integral part of the first team?

So basically I am asking myself if possession football can successfully be played with Casemiro, Modric and Kroos. Will there be big changes in order to make it work? Or will Lope drop his philosophy in order to accommodate his style of play to the strengths of his new team? I am really curious and excited about the upcoming season.

What do you guys think?

#7 ·
@RahzeL

I do not believe we will drift away from direct winger style of play
Florentino buys inly players that suit this style and its a style our team is recognized by

Therefore Vinicius and Rodrygo...

Another thing i do not by any chance believe Julien will be given any freedom as much as Zidane was given

As a matter of fact i think Julien is just a temporary solution and i also think Zizou will be back in a year or two or Guti will be promoter

Why?
Because you need to be immense character to be given freedom like Zidane and Mou were given

For example similar freedom was given to Capello just cos we demanded one thing from him

TITLE.

Team accepted his style of play in order to et that one title we desperately needed

RIGHT AFTER THAT he was sent away

Real Madrid will always revolve around the 433 formation no matter what cos its our style of play even when anchelotti showed that with James we could play 442 possession style and effective on he was probably ordered to switch the system back to 433 once Bale was ok

That said a guy like Julien has even less power than Carlo to impose any of his tactic and he probably was informed about this

Real is a team that tells you the formation they want you to impose and player you have in your team
That is it
Unless you are Zinedin Zidane
They also gave that freedom to Mou and he showed that his def non sense does not work in Madrid and was viciously underperforming turning our team into shit

Putting Pepe a DM va Barca.What a tool

This are my 2 cents for the play next year
Also i think team is ok with no title next season so i believe Vinicius will be also incorporated in the team and i believe Bale and maybe Ronaldo too will be sold

#8 ·
RM should gave Coentrão the Number 7 Shirt.

#FC7.

AS:
The summer holidays are at an end and the Real Madrid first team players who weren't at the World Cup in Russia will report back to work this morning for the first day of the pre-season. In total, 14 players were due to arrive in Valdebebas at 9am today to undergo the standard medical revisions. This evening, the players will be taken through their first training session under new coach Julen Lopetegui.

Lopetegui will have nine players who were part of Zidane's first team squad last season (Casilla, Luca Zidane, Vallejo, Theo, Marcos Llorente, Ceballos, Bale, Benzema and Mayoral), two new signings (Vinicius and goalkeeper Andriy Lunin) and the three players who have returned after spending last season out on loan - Ødegaard, Valverde and De Tomás.

But one player won't be turning up for the first day back at work - Fabio Coentrão. The Portuguese full-back has completed his loan at Sporting Clube and he still has one year to run on his contract with Real Madrid, but the club are trying to find an outlet for him as he doesn't not figure in Lopetegui's plans.

#1,057 ·

#16 ·
He should do what Trump does?

#18 ·
Funny how Ronaldo on a simple question about what would your message to the millions of sad Madrid fans
He avoided the question and said i will prove that i am hard worker blah blah blah

He feels zero connection go the club
Absolute ZERO

I dunno how can a person even be like that

#27 ·
Ronaldo only seems to have any footballing emotion when it comes to Ferguson. Other than that he’s obsessed with being the best and being a winner. Which is hardly a bad quality to have but I guess doesn’t always make him very personable to us mere mortals.

#28 · (Edited)
I tend to find it's always the insecure/those who lack confidence hate Ronaldo.

Can't handle all that charisma. GOAT

And KB can keep dissing CR but let's not forget he agreed to join a crappy ass Real Madrid side in 2009 when the most logical move was to stick to Man Utd. You went from the laughing stock of the champions league to complete domination...

whether you hate him or not, he was RM's most important player in the past decade. Wasted his prime years playing with losers like Ozil.

#29 ·
Laughing stock?

Let me remind you something smartass

Real Madrid won 98-00-02
2003 and 2004 knockouts were very very veryyyy unlucky

The galactico era has ended and we were rebuilding.But laughing stock? Oh well ill take laughing stock with 7 Cl titles in the last 20 years

And if real is not allows to have few years of rebuilding period then what is there to say about other teams

Insecure? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] really? I am not materialist.Things like fame and glory and achievements do not interest me

I seek friendship,compassion,devotion,respect and loyalty and humility in sports

Not people who move teams to pay less taxes

M

#38 ·
Rebuilding? You were going NOWHERE. No strategy, no direction.
You only won 2 La Ligas thanks to Barca's incompetence/rebuilding.

I find it funny you mention 2003 and 2004, yet there's a huge gap of 5 years that you fail to address. Even in Ronaldo's season, you were knocked out in the 2nd round to continue your miserable run.

Also, I don't care much for fame and glory, but I do respect someone who has a goal and works his ass off to get there.
Despite clearly being viewed as Messi's inferior, Ronaldo never gave up. And you should be honored he never did because Real would have won zilch if he decided to slack and chill.

And if you think it's about taxes, then you're dreaming. It's unthankful fans like you who forced CR out the club.
He wanted to leave the minute he got a standing ovation from Juve fans, clearly.

And did i dispute any if this? This means nothing to me anyways.
For me Ramos achieved as much.Bale and Modric as much..Ronaldo was just a part of it.not "IT"

Hey but at least there is only one insecure guy in the entire forum
All others are alpha males
Bale? Fvck off you're trolling right now.

Who is the most important player for you in the champs league? There's NO debate whatsoever that it is CR.

And yes it is a team game, but give the guy credit where it's due. Hattricks vs Neuer, Buffon, Oblak. Single-handedly saved you vs Wolfsburg too. Top assist-maker in UCL history.

Agree 100% based on personal experience and preached it quite few times before. Everybody loves underdogs but quite a few dig ultimate alphas. Mainly because most can't relate at all. It's an art to be arrogant and always back it up.
I find CR the ultimate underdog though (or at least misunderstood), and that is why I respect him to death.
Talent wise he is a level below the greats but sheer determination/mental strength made him eclipse all the rest.

People tend to assume he is not an underdog because he's a good looking mf. :nerd2:

#31 ·
Marca for 2 days now, says Theo will be sold or loaned.

Marcelo needs to be rationed from this season forward. Getting rid of Theo makes no sense. He just needs coaching, plus he has height. If Nacho plays CB and with the RB's we have, there is no height

#40 ·
Seems like you are fan boys and he ja your role model
Nothing bad with that but in no way i will debate with you Ronaldo since you are no different to all those kids who are al over social media sayin they are abandoning ship

I can also sense that you like to diminish Bales contribution and probably all other players to worship Ronaldo

Good good
Again
No different than all the kids like this Romanian kid here glorifying him,and even shitting on everything Real Madrid

For god sake they even blame Perez for his departure.i am assuming you two are also blaming Perez cos you know Ronaldo is this perfection of human being

Thank goooood Ronaldo left so all of you fan buys can switch to some reality show role models or since you said till death(whatever the **** that means) you can now be Juve fan? Great

Both of you.
ill stick to Real Madrid.Thanks

#42 ·
I'm not blaming anyone, it was the right time to leave. I'm just glad he doesn't have to deal with incredibly ungrateful fans such as yourself going forward.

Also, I'm not belittling any other player on the team... you've consistently shat on Ronaldo over the past decade and now you're being defensive wtf?

Want to compare Ronaldo's and Bale's contributions to your CL titles? Cause that's where it ends. Acting like Bale was as important as Ronaldo is blasphemy.

Bale was only exceptional in the run for your first CL victory, a passenger in the others (despite the ridiculous goal in CL final 2018)

What you describe is Jordan. But Ronaldo is not Jordan, he is more like LeBron. He is a talented individual, who is obsessed not with winning, but with himself. Of course winning titles improves the way world sees him, but it is means, not the goal and the goal is to be praised, no matter what, so for Ronaldo is more important to strike a photo friendly pose before he takes a free kick, than to score the free kick. Otherwise he'll have learned how to take them properly til now.
I would say CR is obsessed with both, equally.
He is obsessed with being the greatest and that only comes through winning = both.

And the bold part is a joke, I hope. No one has learned to adjust his style to keep playing/winning more than Ronaldo.

#43 ·
CR7 may be obsessed with becoming the GOAT, but too bad he lacks the talent to achieve such feat.

#49 ·
Ronaldo was a legend for this club, crucial in 4 UCL titles, all time goalscorer in 9 years. I’m grateful for what he achieved for RM but its time to move on..

We need to sign a goalscorer now, because we lack one.. otherwise the squad is packed with talent and loads of potential, cant wait to see the likes of Vini Jr, Odegaard and Valverde this preseason, Llorente Theo and Vallejo needs to step-up and I expect an improvement with Julen.

#51 ·
I am not getting on your level Kid
Go buy a TV and get some cable and start watching some games before we talk

And gtfo at the Juve forum already

He has a reputation at this forum.oh lawrdddd..you try hard to have some reputation here? Ahahhahah

This is merely my mental gymnastic fool

Look at my previous post where i talk about Ronaldo and explain my points why you talk shit about me the same way republicans defend Trump

You are putting my credibility in this forum to be able to digest my honest opinion on Ronaldo? Like how pathetically are you in love with this guy?

Oh wow he is the most famous.woooooah.he must be amazig..same as Trump.i sad many time same figure
Ronaldo and Trump and thir fan base
Same attitude.

Every time someone points to his delusion republicans show at his votes
Ronaldo fans are Noooo different
Like a fkn cancer

They point to his fan base to prove to me that i am deluded not liking the guy.
Like man you are like cancers

GTFU to Juve forum and like i said start watching some game,they are fun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.