Serie A 2018/2019 - Page 24 - Xtratime Community
 64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #461 of 539 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 23:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Kean is a formidable player and can become a star of the Italian NT. Hopefully he won't walk the Balotelli's way, that means moaning about racism (among the other things). The Italian people like him, he should try not to waste the magic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #462 of 539 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2019, 03:34
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
That's a completely wrong way of putting it. Are you kidding?

Everybody absolutely has the right and, as public person, almost the obligation to make a big deal about racism if they are insulted by a mob because of their race.

And I don't think "moaning about racism" was even remotely Balotelli's main issue.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #463 of 539 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2019, 12:06
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
Kean is a formidable player and can become a star of the Italian NT. Hopefully he won't walk the Balotelli's way, that means moaning about racism (among the other things). The Italian people like him, he should try not to waste the magic.
No wonder nothing ever changes when fingers are first pointed at the guy facing monkey chants, for daring to "moan" about racism (lol what a major character flaw eh), funny way putting it to since all Kean did was just stand infront them and latter tweet say no to racism. Litterally all it was. His crime was playing infront of racists, the nerve of him.

The actual racists are never the issue in Italy, just read your papers past day, majority of them are indirectly putting the responsibility on Kean. No wonder Bonucci said what he did, and you just made this post. You basically echoing the same sentiment of Giulini Cagliaris clown president.

It doesnt matter that little Cagliari is just one of many offenders in this regard in the league, in just few years they racially abused Muntari to the point of wanting to walk off the pitch (and shocker Italian authorities reprimanded him and Italian media blamed him), Matuidi last year and this year Kean. And this is just incidents I noticed.

But nooooo, the issue is the guy facing racial abuse, and he should be careful so he doesn't lose rest of Italy's loving magical favour, for not just accepting the abuse like a good little boy.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan

post #464 of 539 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2019, 12:32
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Business as usual in Italy, shocker, Cagliari avoid any form of ban or sanction.

Lets have gold fish memories and act super surprised when they soon do this again. And more importantly try to blame it on the guy facing monkey chants for not quietly accepting it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
camelface likes this.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #465 of 539 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2019, 17:53
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Quote:
Hopefully he won't walk the Balotelli's way, that means moaning about racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
post #466 of 539 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2019, 20:47
Star Player

Teams: AS Roma, Italy
I would not call it racism - which is a much abused word anyway and used far too casually - but pure barracking, like fans do to all players to try to put them off their game.

It is really getting tiresome when the great and the good are outraged by something which is, ultimately, harmless.

If no one commented about it, then the fans' behaviour would be regarded for what it is: barraking.
post #467 of 539 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2019, 22:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I see comprehension issues. I'm not saying that Kean did something wrong, I just hope that he doesn't make a Balotelli, who see racism everywhere, even where there is no racism and has chosen to challenge all the Italian fans, with the result that most of them can't stand him any more.

Kean should enjoy the moment, instead of fighting few people who would insult anyone for any reason, not just for the color of the skin.
Rhizoid likes this.
post #468 of 539 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2019, 00:41
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
Good question.

Don't know the answer, but I would guess the US and UK, for example, are just several decades ahead of Spain, Italy and obviously most (if not all) EE countries when it comes to integration, education

Just because EPL/Us has more strict laws, regarding in stadium behaviour doesnt mean british society or football fans are less racist for gods sake.

And really racism should not be the main talking point here, but bullying, as i dont think incoherent sounds are actually good way to convey your views on race.
post #469 of 539 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2019, 11:17
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
I would not call it racism - which is a much abused word anyway and used far too casually - but pure barracking, like fans do to all players to try to put them off their game.

It is really getting tiresome when the great and the good are outraged by something which is, ultimately, harmless.

If no one commented about it, then the fans' behaviour would be regarded for what it is: barraking.
So baically heckling where you suggest someone is subhuman on the basis of their race.

There is a category difference between insulting someone's mother and suggesting they are a monkey because their skin is brown.

Wake the f**k up.

Quote:

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.

Last edited by red; April 5th, 2019 at 12:24.
post #470 of 539 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2019, 11:19
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
Quote:
Good question.

Don't know the answer, but I would guess the US and UK, for example, are just several decades ahead of Spain, Italy and obviously most (if not all) EE countries when it comes to integration, education

Just because EPL/Us has more strict laws, regarding in stadium behaviour doesnt mean british society or football fans are less racist for gods sake.

And really racism should not be the main talking point here, but bullying, as i dont think incoherent sounds are actually good way to convey your views on race.
Are you some Trump loving retard? I guess the EE comment set you off....

Anyway, I'm not Italy-bashing or EE-bashing. I actually have great respect for Italian and certainly Slavic cutlures, especially Russian. I am merely stating a fact of sociological science, i,e, that people who are less exposed to outside ethnicities are more racist towards them

Quote:
No, obviously not, and I have already stated that they are also instrinsically racist societies. There is also a lot to be said for the theory that PC culture allows latently racist people to cover up their prejudice with SJW offence slogans. I think there is a lot of truth to that, in fact.

But it is also sociological fact that countries that are more ethnically homogenous are more racist. East-West Germany is a perfect test case.

Quote:

Monkey chants are a pretty good way of telling someone you consider them subhuman

Yes race/ ethnicity should be the issue. This also applies to non-black racism BTW. There is a category difference between calling someone a lesser being because of their ethnicity and taunting them about their mother/sister/whatever standard BS footballers come out with

Quote:

Last edited by red; April 5th, 2019 at 11:59.
post #471 of 539 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2019, 11:21
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
I just hope that he doesn't make a Balotelli, who see racism everywhere, even where there is no racism and has chosen to challenge all the Italian fans, with the result that most of them can't stand him any more.
Ok

But I wouldn't underestimate the amount of BS he has had to put up with over the years

Quote:

post #472 of 539 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2019, 17:41
International

Quote:

No, obviously not, and I have already stated that they are also instrinsically racist societies. There is also a lot to be said for the theory that PC culture allows latently racist people to cover up their prejudice with SJW offence slogans. I think there is a lot of truth to that, in fact.

But it is also sociological fact that countries that are more ethnically homogenous are more racist. East-West Germany is a perfect test case.
Wtf, i love Trump because i decided to remind you what kind of buffoon the oh so tolerant and educated american society decide to elect for president?! And yep the less homogenous a society is the less prone to racism it should be in theory, but there are plenty of other factors too.

But more importantly i dont get how insulting someone mother is more acceptable than insulting someone skin. I fail to see the reasoning behind that. The main problem is accepting personal insults as a part of the football culture.
post #473 of 539 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2019, 11:44
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Quote:

Wtf, i love Trump because i decided to remind you what kind of buffoon the oh so tolerant and educated american society decide to elect for president?!
Well, you could have added a bit of context....

I'll address the mother/monkey point another time

Quote:

post #474 of 539 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2019, 19:22
MVP
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus, Lebanon, Italy
Quote:
I see comprehension issues. I'm not saying that Kean did something wrong, I just hope that he doesn't make a Balotelli, who see racism everywhere, even where there is no racism and has chosen to challenge all the Italian fans, with the result that most of them can't stand him any more.

Kean should enjoy the moment, instead of fighting few people who would insult anyone for any reason, not just for the color of the skin.
I agree that Bonucci is an idiot for saying what he said. But honestly, I do not see why and how he is being labeled as a racist.

In 2019 this PC culture loves and thrives on accusing people and opening the floodgates.

Seriously calm the f*ck down.

Yes I am fully aware of the racism epidemic, and I am not black so I do n't know what it's like to be racially abused. THis is far from the point, I am arguing about Bonucci's words:

I am angry coz he did not stand up for his teammate. Not because he "allegedly" made a racist comment.

Don't lament the treachery of time;
long have dogs danced over the carcasses of lions.

Don't suppose that their dancing raises them above their masters;
for dogs remain dogs, and lions remain lions.

Insult me as you wish;
For my silence to the depraved is a response.

It's not that I have no response, but;
A lion does not reply to a dog.
post #475 of 539 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2019, 15:24
Legend

Anyone know a reliable stream site for Serie A games, that is safe for windows PCs?
post #476 of 539 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2019, 18:55
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
The "race" for CL spots is even more comical than last year. I am so glad that I decided to boycott these Lazio clowns.

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

"Students," said Senior Wrangler morosely.”
post #477 of 539 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2019, 19:08
Rising Star

Teams: AS Roma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomander Rake View Post
The "race" for CL spots is even more comical than last year. I am so glad that I decided to boycott these Lazio clowns.
Good weekend for Roma at least
post #478 of 539 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2019, 18:27
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomander Rake View Post
Yes.

Lazio, Roma, Milan and Inter are all just comically bad at the moment.
ToniSamp likes this.
post #479 of 539 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2019, 19:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Bye bye Chievo. I can't say I wish you to come back to serie A soon!
roadrunner likes this.
post #480 of 539 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2019, 19:28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post
Anyone know a reliable stream site for Serie A games, that is safe for windows PCs?
Ronaldo7.net has always been pretty good over the years. There is always some advertisement that will need to be closed down but it's usually pretty reliable.
camelface likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in