Serie A 2018/2019 - Page 23 - Xtratime Community
 57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #441 of 488 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2019, 14:06
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
That graphics is only telling for one person here. Hey @toni @, remember what you said little over a month ago about Napoli winning/Juve losing the title?

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #442 of 488 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2019, 19:03
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
That graphics is only telling for one person here. Hey @toni @, remember what you said little over a month ago about Napoli winning/Juve losing the title?

I am allowed to whip these memes out for the Nainggolan - Zaniolo swap?

Or Cancelo being world-class?

Just wondering...
post #443 of 488 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2019, 19:10
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

On Zaniolo yes for sure, not for Cancelo tho. I rated his attacking capabilities, it was his defending that had big question marks. Some of its still there (Allegri benched him for De Sciglio for it) even if his overall impact has been top level stellar.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan

post #444 of 488 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2019, 23:08
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
On Zaniolo yes for sure, not for Cancelo tho. I rated his attacking capabilities, it was his defending that had big question marks. Some of its still there (Allegri benched him for De Sciglio for it) even if his overall impact has been top level stellar.

Maybe it wasn't you who was against his being signed...

A few on the Juve forum were

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
post #445 of 488 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2019, 23:11
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
Maybe it wasn't you who was against his being signed...

A few on the Juve forum were
I was excited about signing him despite the red flags about defensive side.

I dont know who was against him, if I had to guess probably Nero, is bit of a debbie downer at times

post #446 of 488 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 09:32 Thread Starter
Star Player

Congrats to Inter for winning the derby and reclaiming 3rd place... despite playing in the Europa just 3 days earlier they looked the hungrier, fresher and fought for every ball... the race for the Top 4 should be exciting specially if Roma and Lazio both get their shit together before it is too late....

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
post #447 of 488 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 12:52
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Icardi to Juventus now official:

Real Madrid have reportedly been informed that they can sign Inter striker Mauro Icardi for €80m this summer.

According to AS, Madrid spoke to Icardi’s camp last week and learned they could buy the Argentine for less than his €110m release clause.

The newspaper writes this is providing no-one else comes forward for the 26-year-old, with Los Blancos keen as they are in need of a prolific goalscorer.

The Spaniards would have arranged to link up with Icardi’s inner circle, but the meeting was shelved to make way for Zinedine Zidane’s return.

Nonetheless, AS claims talks were held over the phone instead and that Madrid are ready to capitalise on the hitman’s feud with Inter.

Icardi has scored 15 goals in 28 games this season but has not played since losing the Beneamata’s captaincy on February 13, while he was recently dropped from the Argentina squad.
post #448 of 488 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2019, 06:37 Thread Starter
Star Player

If I were a betting man I'd bet on him staying at Inter next season with a fat salary while Perisic finally gets his wish and moving to the EPL.... Madrid will aim for Neymar/Mbappe again in the summer along with Hazard....

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”

Last edited by dpforever10; March 19th, 2019 at 06:44.
post #449 of 488 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2019, 15:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post
If I were a betting man I'd bet on him staying at Inter next season with a fat salary
You wish! Instead, if I were a betting man I would bet on Icardi fulfilling Wanda's dream to move to Rube. I'm not sure it will be an Icardi-Dybala swap. It is possible.
Whatever happens, keep in mind that now Inter have Marotta, a devil.
post #450 of 488 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 09:16
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
If I were a betting man I'd bet on him staying at Inter next season with a fat salary while Perisic finally gets his wish and moving to the EPL.... Madrid will aim for Neymar/Mbappe again in the summer along with Hazard....
You would lose that bet.

Madrid need Hazard and a centre-forward. Obviously PSG will not sell either Neymar or Mbappe. Inter will probably discount that price further. 70 million for Icardi is a steal for Real Madrid. They could even bench him if he plays bad and sell him back to Italy a year later.

But I'm quite sure he'd score 25-30 league goals a season there

I can see Real lining up with 3 of Isco-Bale-Icardi-Hazard-Asensio next season
post #451 of 488 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 09:22
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
You wish! Instead, if I were a betting man I would bet on Icardi fulfilling Wanda's dream to move to Rube. I'm not sure it will be an Icardi-Dybala swap. It is possible.
Whatever happens, keep in mind that now Inter have Marotta, a devil.
I can see him going to Napoli, but not Juve. It would be an embarassment to the club and the Suning brand.

At 70-80 million euros one or two of Real, PSG, Bayern, and at least one EPL team, will bid for him.

Suning have already shown with the Perisic situation that they do not let a player leave on his own terms. If they were the type of management that folded under player pressure, Icardi would still be captain and Perisic would be playing for Arsenal.

Dybala is worth a lot more than Icardi (I would say probably double, at this moment in time), so I don't see how that swap can happen unless Inter stump up cash.

Quote:

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
post #452 of 488 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 16:06 Thread Starter
Star Player

Icardi is back in training and will play against Lazio, as for Marotta he confirmed that Icardi was really 'injured' and that he was not punished....

“We’re a family and parents must make decisions for the sake of their children, but they’re not punishments. They’re made so the kids can grow and get better."

“Now he’s struggling with a knee problem. We hope it heals as quickly as possible and that he returns to the group after rehabilitation.”

post #453 of 488 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 12:44
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Brilliant attitude from Bonucci throwing Kean under the bus yesterday

"50-50 responsible" for the racist chants.....
post #454 of 488 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 15:13
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Utter utter utter moronic ****. Justifying racist bastards with that statement and throwing his own teammate under the bus. Honestly should be fined by the club.

And its 2019 and this halfwits are still at if, last year the same Cagliari fans racially abused Matuidi to the point he wanted to walk off the pitch.

Wtf is wrong with Italy, seriously? Not only that it happens, but it's somewhat justified by politicians and now its top players like it's an ok thing to do.

post #455 of 488 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 15:53
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Utter utter utter moronic ****. Justifying racist bastards with that statement and throwing his own teammate under the bus. Honestly should be fined by the club.

And its 2019 and this halfwits are still at if, last year the same Cagliari fans racially abused Matuidi to the point he wanted to walk off the pitch.

Wtf is wrong with Italy, seriously? Not only that it happens, but it's somewhat justified by politicians and now its top players like it's an ok thing to do.

Bonucci basically said exactly what that f**kwit Cagliari president said:

"The black player who was racially abused was just as responsible as the racist fans. By the way, racism is bad."

Pure genius

It's quite similar to the "women who walk around on their own in a tight dress deserve to be raped" idea.

Bonucci and that Cagliari clown are exactly the problem with modern Italy and its mind-boggling status-qou-ism. Basically an acceptance that things "are the way they are", i.e. if you are black, you are of course going to be racially abused, so just keep your mouth shut and accept it.

Quote:

post #456 of 488 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 16:05
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:

Good question.

Don't know the answer, but I would guess the US and UK, for example, are just several decades ahead of Spain, Italy and obviously most (if not all) EE countries when it comes to integration, education and also just the experience of diversity of racial demographics.

Large sections of Germany also have an absolutely rotten attitude to the national team (particularly towards the Turkish-German players), even if it is less known for racist chants in stadiums. The country itself is so gobsmackingly racist though that I wouldn't want to make any statements about racism in football that would turn out to be completely untrue..

Quote:

post #457 of 488 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 18:47 Thread Starter
Star Player

post #458 of 488 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 19:14
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Kean should beat the shit out of Bonucci and say "it's 50-50 his fault because he provoked me with his statement."

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #459 of 488 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 19:49
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:

LOL

Yes, he repeated the 2nd half of his genius mantra, yet again. Black people are half responsible for racism, P.S. racism is bad

post #460 of 488 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 20:08 Thread Starter
Star Player

FT Empoli 2 - Napoli 1

+18

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in