Serie A 2018/2019 - Page 17 - Xtratime Community
 64Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #321 of 539 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2019, 23:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post
nter ultras have bitterly criticised their own club and Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, calling him “a liar”, after they were punished for racially abusing him.

The club decided not to appeal against a two-match ban on the stadium and instead began a campaign against racism in sport, turning the ‘Buu’ monkey chant into ‘Brothers Universally United.’

Today was the first home game with the Curva Nord allowed back in and they took the opportunity to make things worse.

The ultras released a statement criticising their own club for turning on them, called the media hypocrites and targeted Koulibaly again.

“We don’t care about racism, we go to the stadium to cheer on our players. Koulibaly to us is just a small man who resorts to lies in order to clear his conscience.

“If he had been white, yellow or blue, we would’ve behaved the same way towards him.

“As for your BUU initiative, that is just in bad taste. It’s a pathetic and fake idea.”

======

Inter Ultras showing their true colors
Fixed it for you.

Inter Ultras are just thousands, while Inter have millions of fans in Italy and outside of it as well. Ultras are a small percentage in comparison.

Ultras tend to be extreme in their beliefs and ultras being racist hardly only applies to those supporting Inter.
ToniSamp and dr hackenbush like this.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #322 of 539 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2019, 04:56
MVP
Forum Manager
World Class Player
 
Rhizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2003
Location: Arabian Gulf
Teams: Juventus, Lebanon, Italy
Posts: 8,964
Blog Entries: 2
Why did Spaletti throw on Ranocchia last night? Like...was that his joker card to see if he can salvage anything from the game?

Luciano is like a dead man walking at this point...

Don't lament the treachery of time;
long have dogs danced over the carcasses of lions.

Don't suppose that their dancing raises them above their masters;
for dogs remain dogs, and lions remain lions.

Insult me as you wish;
For my silence to the depraved is a response.

It's not that I have no response, but;
A lion does not reply to a dog.
Rhizoid is offline  
post #323 of 539 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2019, 10:38
Xtratime Legend
 
Los Che Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: England
Teams: Valencia CF
Posts: 33,160
The baldest of bald frauds.
Los Che Forever is offline  
 
post #324 of 539 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2019, 12:25
red
Forum Manager
Legend
 
red's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Germany
Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Posts: 14,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post
nter ultras have bitterly criticised their own club and Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, calling him “a liar”, after they were punished for racially abusing him.

The club decided not to appeal against a two-match ban on the stadium and instead began a campaign against racism in sport, turning the ‘Buu’ monkey chant into ‘Brothers Universally United.’

Today was the first home game with the Curva Nord allowed back in and they took the opportunity to make things worse.

The ultras released a statement criticising their own club for turning on them, called the media hypocrites and targeted Koulibaly again.

“We don’t care about racism, we go to the stadium to cheer on our players. Koulibaly to us is just a small man who resorts to lies in order to clear his conscience.

“If he had been white, yellow or blue, we would’ve behaved the same way towards him.

“As for your BUU initiative, that is just in bad taste. It’s a pathetic and fake idea.”

======

Inter fans showing their true colors
You obviously have the medium-term memory of a house fly:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/juventu...61xci9nghaiy3n


Sh#tting on your own doorstep there buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
red is offline  
post #325 of 539 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2019, 12:26
red
Forum Manager
Legend
 
red's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Germany
Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Posts: 14,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizoid View Post
Why did Spaletti throw on Ranocchia last night? Like...was that his joker card to see if he can salvage anything from the game?

Luciano is like a dead man walking at this point...
Funny thing is he played better than Icardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
red is offline  
post #326 of 539 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2019, 20:23
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Anomander Rake's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2003
Location: Bulgaria
Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
Posts: 13,057
The "race" for the 4th place is hilarious. Lazio, Roma and Milan have been terrible for last stretches of the season, yet are 4th, 5th and 6th. We all know that Lazio will choke, so the question is which of Roman and Milan will stumble through the finish line first.

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

"Students," said Senior Wrangler morosely.”
Anomander Rake is offline  
post #327 of 539 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2019, 03:18
Legend
 
pavnedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: US&A
Teams: Juve, Italy, USMNT
Posts: 12,112
Blog Entries: 1
Four teams are fighting for 3 and 4.

Atalanta and Inter are two of them, and Lazio isn't one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post
nter ultras have bitterly criticised their own club and Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, calling him “a liar”, after they were punished for racially abusing him.

The club decided not to appeal against a two-match ban on the stadium and instead began a campaign against racism in sport, turning the ‘Buu’ monkey chant into ‘Brothers Universally United.’

Today was the first home game with the Curva Nord allowed back in and they took the opportunity to make things worse.

The ultras released a statement criticising their own club for turning on them, called the media hypocrites and targeted Koulibaly again.

“We don’t care about racism, we go to the stadium to cheer on our players. Koulibaly to us is just a small man who resorts to lies in order to clear his conscience.

“If he had been white, yellow or blue, we would’ve behaved the same way towards him.

“As for your BUU initiative, that is just in bad taste. It’s a pathetic and fake idea.”

======

Inter fans showing their true colors
There are racists in every ultra, but Inter managed to set the benchmark even in this. These people are actually doubling down on what they said and are releasing statements.

Just everything about this club.

And the club couldn't come up with something better than "type buu?" Dafuq lol. That's literally the easiest thing in the world to address.

And now apparently 5 of their players wanted to leave in January, Icardi got fined too after Nainggolan, Spalletti is having a public spat with Marotta, and they lost to Bologna and are in the midst of another mid-season meltdown after their president declared they're scudetto challengers.
pavnedved is offline  
post #328 of 539 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2019, 08:20 Thread Starter
Star Player
 
dpforever10's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2016
Posts: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
You obviously have the medium-term memory of a house fly:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/juventu...61xci9nghaiy3n


Sh#tting on your own doorstep there buddy
Racists chants are nothing new in Italy, and is done by almost all ultras... but the Inter ultras went a step too far by standing publicly by their racism and accusing Koulibaly of being a liar.....

As for the Marotta-Spalletti situation, I think Spalletti has a point... there was absolutely no need for Marotta to publicly declare to the media that Perisic asked for a transfer, those things should be taken care of internally but now everyone knows that Perisic wanted out and is now stuck at the club....he was booed accordingly by Inter fans everytime he touched the ball and his relationship with the fans soured...

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
dpforever10 is offline  
post #329 of 539 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2019, 09:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
ToniSamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2002
Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Posts: 44,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post
As for the Marotta-Spalletti situation, I think Spalletti has a point... there was absolutely no need for Marotta to publicly declare to the media that Perisic asked for a transfer, those things should be taken care of internally but now everyone knows that Perisic wanted out and is now stuck at the club....he was booed accordingly by Inter fans everytime he touched the ball and his relationship with the fans soured...

Everyone knew that Perisic wanted out before Marotta talked about it and the same Spalletti agrees when he says, among the other things, that "Marotta should not be treated like an amateur". An appeal to the professionalism of the players is never wrong in a club like Inter anyway!

I will never understand the attitude of the supporters who think a player/coach/manager is an idiot as soon as he leaves the club they support.
Marotta is a Fenomeno. I have never stopped repeating it even when he left Sampdoria and joined Juventus (Juventus!!). I knew he would be a success at Juventus. Inter is a difficult club, but if they try to get the best out Marotta, instead of doing the usual mess, it will be another success.

Last edited by ToniSamp; February 5th, 2019 at 09:50.
ToniSamp is offline  
post #330 of 539 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2019, 12:18
red
Forum Manager
Legend
 
red's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Germany
Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Posts: 14,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavnedved View Post
Four teams are fighting for 3 and 4.

Atalanta and Inter are two of them, and Lazio isn't one of them.



There are racists in every ultra, but Inter managed to set the benchmark even in this. These people are actually doubling down on what they said and are releasing statements.

Just everything about this club.

And the club couldn't come up with something better than "type buu?" Dafuq lol. That's literally the easiest thing in the world to address.

And now apparently 5 of their players wanted to leave in January, Icardi got fined too after Nainggolan, Spalletti is having a public spat with Marotta, and they lost to Bologna and are in the midst of another mid-season meltdown after their president declared they're scudetto challengers.
They're not doubling down on their racism - they're denying it.

It is reprehensible for sure, and I have already suggested Inter close the Curva for the rest of the season. Or fire these scumbags into space.

But the reality is that your Tribuna Sud is likely just as racist but just slightly less stubborn, which is nothing to be proud of.

People in glass houses etc.
red is offline  
post #331 of 539 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2019, 19:27 Thread Starter
Star Player
 
dpforever10's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2016
Posts: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
I will never understand the attitude of the supporters who think a player/coach/manager is an idiot as soon as he leaves the club they support.
That is not the case, I never said Marotta is an idiot, I still respect the huge work he has done at Juve... just thought that the situation could've been dealt with better.. there was absolutely no need to go public and turn the fans against him.... there is a huge difference between being unhappy at the club and officially submitting a transfer request....Unai Emerey was very clear at the beginning that Arsenal can ONLY sign players on loan, so by then Inter knew that the Perisic move won't materialize anyway (since Inter won't accept a loan deal)...

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
dpforever10 is offline  
post #332 of 539 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2019, 01:05
Legend
 
pavnedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: US&A
Teams: Juve, Italy, USMNT
Posts: 12,112
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
They're not doubling down on their racism - they're denying it.

It is reprehensible for sure, and I have already suggested Inter close the Curva for the rest of the season. Or fire these scumbags into space.

But the reality is that your Tribuna Sud is likely just as racist but just slightly less stubborn, which is nothing to be proud of.

People in glass houses etc.
It's nothing to be proud of, but in your case, it should be more concerning or, at the least, you shouldn't be defensive about it like your club.

It wasn't 100 Interisti or 1000, the small group you talk of was 10,000 Interisti racially abusing Koulibaly.

And your club's response was to act defensively (the fans the same as a consequence, as usual of course), and then, tell everyone to type buu and once again refuse to have the rule in place to have the cameras in the stadium pinpoint the perpetrators (which is what Juve proposed). Why?

And also this...they actually try to do something about it and make some kind of contribution towards change: http://www.juventus.com/media/native/csr/Report_eng.pdf

Why do you think it's Inter's ultras who are "denying it" in statements and not others?
pavnedved is offline  
post #333 of 539 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2019, 04:24 Thread Starter
Star Player
 
dpforever10's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2016
Posts: 2,686
I think the culture in Italy/Europe is very different.. I've spoken to a few Italian friends about it and they don't see it as wrong, their excuse is that fans would do anything to intimidate opponent players, so if the opposing team had a black player then he was an easy target, if the opposing team was from the south and playing north then the chants would be directed towards that, etc. Even the Napoli fans, in support of Koulibaly, painted their faces black... a huge no-no in the American culture, for example.... even Griezmann was bashed for painting his face black when dressed as an NBA player in a costume party....

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
dpforever10 is offline  
post #334 of 539 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2019, 13:44
red
Forum Manager
Legend
 
red's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Germany
Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Posts: 14,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavnedved View Post
It's nothing to be proud of, but in your case, it should be more concerning or, at the least, you shouldn't be defensive about it like your club.
I'm not defending it. I'm pointing out the irony and absurdity of a Juventus supporter trying to claim the moral high ground, which is hilarious, especially seeing as your fans targeted the exact same player. If you can't tell the difference between those things - exposing hypocrisy and defending reprehensible actions - then that's very much your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavnedved View Post
It wasn't 100 Interisti or 1000, the small group you talk of was 10,000 Interisti racially abusing Koulibaly.
What the hell are you on about? I never said it was a small group. Try and stick to stuff people have actually posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavnedved View Post
And your club's response was to act defensively (the fans the same as a consequence, as usual of course), and then, tell everyone to type buu and once again refuse to have the rule in place to have the cameras in the stadium pinpoint the perpetrators (which is what Juve proposed). Why?
OK, so should the club have acted "offensively"? If establishing an anti-racism initiative is "defensive" please tell me what an "offensive" or "neutral" initiative would look like. You seem to be an expert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavnedved View Post

And also this...they actually try to do something about it and make some kind of contribution towards change: http://www.juventus.com/media/native/csr/Report_eng.pdf
While I'm sure this PDF has radically improved race relations across Italy, I fail to see how this sheeny-shiny PR effort is fundamentally different to Inter's sheeny-shiny PR effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavnedved View Post

Why do you think it's Inter's ultras who are "denying it" in statements and not others?
Because they are idiotic scum? We've been through this already..... Maybe they are slightly more idiotic than Juve's scum - I am willing to accept that as a possibility. I was simply pointing out the stupidity of Juve fans taking the moral high ground here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
red is offline  
post #335 of 539 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2019, 14:38
Legend
 
camelface's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Posts: 16,802
There is little moral high ground to be had between glory hunters. I wonder what the juve fan behaviour would be if they weren't first in the league
camelface is online now  
post #336 of 539 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2019, 17:49
red
Forum Manager
Legend
 
red's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Germany
Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Posts: 14,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post
There is little moral high ground to be had between glory hunters. I wonder what the juve fan behaviour would be if they weren't first in the league [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.xtratime.org/forum/images/smilies/originals/tongue.gif[/IMG]
True. People who support successful teams are definitely the scum of the earth. Worse than paedos, serial killers, child soldier recruiters and vegan crossfitters....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
red is offline  
post #337 of 539 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2019, 07:48
Rising Star
 
dr hackenbush's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2016
Teams: AS Roma
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomander Rake View Post
The "race" for the 4th place is hilarious. Lazio, Roma and Milan have been terrible for last stretches of the season, yet are 4th, 5th and 6th. We all know that Lazio will choke, so the question is which of Roman and Milan will stumble through the finish line first.
Throw in Atalanta and Inter in the mix as well. Spot 3-4 is up for grabs.
ToniSamp likes this.
dr hackenbush is offline  
post #338 of 539 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2019, 08:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
ToniSamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2002
Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Posts: 44,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post
I wonder what the juve fan behaviour would be if they weren't first in the league
Lol, true that.

But the two situations are not related. Ultras are often guilty of serious wrongdoings, but surely they are not gloryhunters. Right the contrary indeed.
ToniSamp is offline  
post #339 of 539 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2019, 15:32
Legend
 
camelface's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Posts: 16,802
Indeed
camelface is online now  
post #340 of 539 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2019, 18:19
Legend
 
Tony Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2001
Location: Georgetown Prep
Teams: Mark, PJ and Squi
Posts: 17,343
The Cagliari squad has been trapped inside the training ground by local farmers protesting milk prices.

The Sardinians were meant to be at the airport so they could fly out for tomorrow evening’s Serie A game against Milan at San Siro.

However, the players have been stuck inside the Asseminello training ground with all the exits blocked by around 100 local farmers.

It is part of a wider protest all over the island against milk prices, where they pour jugs of milk on to the roads and park their vehicles to stop traffic.

Police have arrived to negotiate with the protestors, who are demanding to speak to the players, Coach Rolando Maran and club representatives.

They wanted the club to abandon the game with Milan and not make the trip.

Director general Mario Passetti talked to the protestors and managed to negotiate a truce so the team bus could go to the airport.

The team was only allowed to leave after several players, including Nicolo' Barella, Alessandro Deiola and Joao Pedro, were filmed kicking over milk pails in a gesture of solidarity.

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

I agree with him that this was a total setup
Tony Montana is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome