64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 539 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2018, 13:08
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Was this finally the occasion after which racism is taken seriously in Italian football? Or will we once more see a media storm with politicians scoring as many points as they can and in the end all the same bullshit will be tolerated?

In Salvini's Italy, bet for the latter.
They will close curva section and fine, ban away travel for few games, and pat eachother in the back for good pr job for massaging the international perception of la societa.

They litterally have zero intention to change as a collective. That requires novel notion like actually seeing racism in sport as a valid issue.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 539 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2018, 13:23 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavnedved View Post
Is Wanda still using us to get their captain a new deal, for the third time?

They literally dress up in black and white stripes and openly talk/threaten about signing for us lol.
She would literally do whatever it takes to squeeze more money from Inter... like that one time when she took pictures with Zebras at the Safari

======

Great to see other players like Cristiano come out to publicly support Koulibaly after what happened

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
post #283 of 539 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2018, 13:27 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
They will close curva section and fine, ban away travel for few games, and pat eachother in the back for good pr job for massaging the international perception of la societa.

They litterally have zero intention to change as a collective. That requires novel notion like actually seeing racism in sport as a valid issue.

Unfortunately, whatever measures you take you cannot stop racists from being racists... even at the EPL where there is 0 tolerance for racism we still saw that Chelsea fan hurling racist insults at Sterling this season....

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”

post #284 of 539 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2018, 13:43
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post
Unfortunately, whatever measures you take you cannot stop racists from being racists... even at the EPL where there is 0 tolerance for racism we still saw that Chelsea fan hurling racist insults at Sterling this season....
It's a societal issue first and foremost, but this defeatism is BS. You can get them out stadiums if you actually see it as a serious issue. I watched EPL for over 2 decades and this Sterling example and maybe one more is what comes to mind.

Why? Because they actually find and ban the idiots. They have actual measures and serious rules that stomped out this ugly side of football long time ago. That Chelsea fan will never set foot in there again most likely.

Italy can't even stop a game for couple minutes when it happens, they see it as that little of an issue (Muntari got semi villified and suspended when he protested against racism in game) . Hence this bs happens on almost monthly basis. To varying degrees of noise, on Koulibaly alone, I heard monkey chants against him vs Inter, Juve, Bologna and more game recently.

That's just one player, this season. Now imagine all the other players, for over 2 decades of viewing. Nothing ever changes because they don't see it as a problem, every incident is said to be an isolated case, don't let it get to you...

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #285 of 539 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2018, 14:27 Thread Starter
Star Player

That is exactly what Agnelli was calling for, instead of closing the whole curva for a couple of matches the real culprits should be identified (as all stadiums are installed with security cameras) and they should be punished much more severely

post #286 of 539 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2018, 15:19
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: HJK, Lazio
Quote:
I agree, you cannot stop individuals like that appearing at the stadium. But look at what they've done ar Arsenal and Chelsea in the recent cases and compare that to what's being done in Italy where there's a serious constant problem with racism at many clubs (Lazio, Roma, Inter, Juventus, Atalanta...during the last couple of years I've witnessed a lot of monkey noises by all these fans).

The first big problem is how prevalent racism is in Italy. But racism is popular in many European countries where you don't hear monkey noises at the stadia. Which brings us to the second big problem, which is that the racists are getting just what they want. They want publicity and they want notoriety. They want to build a story where they're the victims and political correctness and sanitized football the enemy. So what happens when the curva is closed for a couple of games? They're just pleased. What happens when the politicians give their speeches and the media makes a spectacle? Again, the racists are pleased, they're getting what they want.

So, what should be done? Proper sanctions. Prosecute and ban individuals. Stop matches. Dock points. Most of all, do this consistently and properly. As it is now both with UEFA and Serie A, the action taken actually depends on the referee report. That's just insane. If racism is taken seriously, you should have officials at the stadia for the express purpose of reporting racist chants. Then dish out the penalties. Things will improve. You can ask the 65 000 Inter fans how they feel about 5 000 fans costing them the game due to racist chanting. After a while, the now silent majority who tolerate or accept the chants won't do so any more. You can hope that people will magically become less racist. Hasn't happened yet in many places on this earth. Or you can act so that racist behaviour will not be accepted and make a change in how people conduct themselves in stadiums. Happened in England during a period of just a few years, and it could happen in Italy, too.

Irriducibili? No thanks, I'm a fan of Lazio.
post #287 of 539 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2018, 15:41
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

“If players left the field then it would break the rules, followed by a negative result for their team.
“That seems obvious to me: I understand everything, the needs to protect the dignity of players and avoiding these negative stories.
“However, let’s not forget that there are rules, which need to be improved. We must demand not only application but also respect of these norms.
“If not then it’d be like the Wild West.”

How sad it isn't this is the response to monkey chants, by the head of FIGC himself? Beyond shameful.

"Avoiding these negative stories"....Italy never change.

post #288 of 539 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2018, 15:48
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
That is exactly what Agnelli was calling for, instead of closing the whole curva for a couple of matches the real culprits should be identified (as all stadiums are installed with security cameras) and they should be punished much more severely
I remember that. This was voted down, they voted down the EPL like measure that wanted better regulatory means to ban the guilty individual. The league voted against that, can you imagine? It can't get clearer then that they don't see it as issue at all. Only see it as a pr nuisance.

post #289 of 539 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2018, 15:59 Thread Starter
Star Player

The verdict is out:

Serie A matches to go ahead as scheduled,
Inter stadium closed down for 2 matches,
Curva an extra match,
Insigne & Koulibaly's 2 match suspensions stand.

post #290 of 539 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2018, 16:03
Legend

Teams: AS Roma
If you are at a football stadium making monkey chants, you are literally among the lowest and dumbest forms of humanity. Zero tolerance for this BS behavior and the wink and nod that all too often follows.

It works if you work it.
post #291 of 539 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2018, 16:54
Forum Manager
Legend

It's a twisted culture, a bit like racism on the Internet. Many true lowlifes, but also many misguided lost people who go along without every really thinking why. It's the last group that can still be reached by proper education. For the first group, measures have to be taken so that it's just not possible to take part in racist chants without any consequences.

post #292 of 539 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2018, 18:47
Legend

Teams: Mark, PJ and Squi
San Siro in Inter games has been closed for 2 games by authorities after racist chants to Koulibaly. One further game ban for the Inter section

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

I agree with him that this was a total setup
post #293 of 539 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2018, 12:34
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

So the deputy PM Salvini, can't see a difference between booing Bonucci for going to direct rivals, and making monkey chants towards a player for the colour of his skin.

To top it all, in his show of force of BS, he somehow managed to partly sneak in blaming foreigners who came from abroad for the ultra fans clashes outside San Siro that lead to stabbings and one killed.

This guy is 2nd in line for running the country. And we supposed to have hope for changes in football

post #294 of 539 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2018, 08:56
Star Player

Teams: AS Roma, Italy
Well I wouldn't be too hopeful of politicians, particularly Italian politicians, doing anything too constructive about anything!

Apparently they are banning big matches being played in the evenings, although I don't understand how that will help.

I have never been in favour of mass and crude punishments like closing stadiums etc. The role of the police force is to detect the guilty and hand them over to criminal prosecutors, not punishing everyone for the crimes of a small minority. That's why I oppose points deductions and other sporting sanctions because the majority suffers for the misbehaviour of a small minority.
post #295 of 539 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2018, 11:15
Legend

Teams: Mark, PJ and Squi
Italy’s deputy Prime Minister, Matteo Salvini, plays down the racism directed at Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly - “Bonucci got booed by Milan fans, is that racism?”

The Senegal international was subjected to monkey chants in his side’s defeat to Inter, for which the Nerazzurri were given a two-match stadium ban.

Despite that, the second most powerful man in the Italian government sought to downplay the issue in an appearance on Tiki Taka last night.

“Tomorrow I’ll be at the ministry to evaluate who we need to bring to the table for discussions,” Salvini, leader of the populist anti-immigrant Lega, said.

“We need a huge examination of conscience. All the stakeholders in the football world are needed, clubs and supporters.

“I don’t understand why the overwhelming majority of Inter fans, good people, have to pay for some criminals who were fighting 2km away. Criminal responsibility is personal.

“[Referee Paolo] Mazzoleni continued the game and he did very well, try to imagine if rumours of those clashes had spread with the game suspended?

“I expect answers from the Milan police chiefs, because evidently something didn’t work. There were some criminals who came from abroad to sow violence.

“Racism is the stuff of idiots in 2018, but let’s not put everything in the same pot. In the stadiums they also sing ‘Milan in flames’, would that be racism too?

“Bonucci was booed by the Milan fans, is that racism? Healthy teasing among fans is not to be considered racism.

“If we want to condemn and defeat violence we can’t pretend it’s all the same stuff.

“The vast majority of the organised fans [Ultras] are good people, those people yesterday are delinquents, not fans. A fan doesn’t go to a stadium with a knife.

“What would I say to Koulibaly? That I’d love to see him in a Milan shirt, he’s very strong.”

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

I agree with him that this was a total setup
post #296 of 539 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2018, 15:03
Forum Manager
Legend

What else would you expect from Salvini...

Meanwhile, I've been a proponent of VAR for years now, but I might have been wrong. If refs get away with calls like the Torino penalty just now, having VAR can give false legitimacy to incompetent and/or insincere refereeing. Something must be done, this random use of VAR cannot be tolerated.
Andrey likes this.

post #297 of 539 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2018, 18:37
International

Yep, no amount of VAR can make an incompetent referee competent. Frankly i cant believe that either of the pks given in today game against Sampodria can be awarded after seeing the replay but the referee did it.
post #298 of 539 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2018, 19:28
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
I saw only the second half of Lazio - Torino and the penalty. Irrati completely lost control over the match, some extremely obvious dives resulting in free kicks, extremely obvious fouls not given, Acerbi pushed in the back in the penalty box - no VAR review, then in the end it wasn't particularly clear why he sent off either of the two players who saw red... I think I will keep on only watching occasionally and not caring mcuh about the results, Serie A is too much of a circus.

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

"Students," said Senior Wrangler morosely.”
post #299 of 539 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2018, 15:28 Thread Starter
Star Player

Ausilio: 'Coutinho and Dybala regrets'

Paulo Dybala was close to joining Inter in 2015, but director Piero Ausilio’s biggest regret is “without doubt Philippe Coutinho.”

The Nerazzurri chief sat down with Sky Sport Italia for an in-depth interview and discussed some of the deals that didn’t quite work.

“My biggest regret is without doubt Coutinho. I’ll be honest, it wasn’t even an economic problem, as once we sold him to Liverpool (for €13m in January 2013), we bought Mateo Kovacic and Mauro Icardi.

“All of us in the Inter directorial staff would’ve gladly kept Coutinho for 20 years, but there was a very important issue: he just wasn’t playing.

“Every six months, the player would quite rightly come over and say he wanted to leave so he could play regularly.”

Just five years after that €13m sale, Barcelona paid Liverpool €130m for the young Brazilian.

Ausilio reveals there were some players he missed out on entirely, as Juventus are financially a powerhouse thanks in part to their stadium.

“We organised a meeting with Palermo in 2015 and I am convinced that if Inter had shown more determination to spend, then Dybala probably would’ve become an Inter player.

“Our offer was decidedly inferior to the one presented by Juventus, who also gave him the chance to play in the Champions League, but the idea of a pairing between Icardi and Dybala was intriguing for everyone, including the players.

=====

Imagining a front 3 of Coutinho-Icardi-Dybala

post #300 of 539 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2018, 22:27
Legend

Teams: Juve, Italy, USMNT
^That's the Inter I remember since the 90s. But that's nothing compared to all the ex players slagging them off. They finally have someone in their mgmt now who sounds normal in Marotta.

Italy, in support of Koulibaly...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in