Xtratime Community banner

The miracles of Pirlo

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Abedi 
#1 ·
Pogba? 70m? Cavani+30m? :dazed: Vidal? 40m? :eekani: They are very good players but their value is no way near those figures. Pirlo is the one real champion of the midfield of Juventus and the one reason they are not struggling in the EL spot positions any more (Conte... meh!). BTW he is also the reason of the successes of the Italian NT. Arguably the best Italian player ever.
See Juventus breaking to pieces as soon as he retires.

#5 ·
Refs are obviously far more important for Rube.
Of course they are important.

Even without Pirlo, Rube would still easily win Serie a.
We will never know but IMO the importance of Pirlo is underrated badly.

Tbh i think he has declined abit this season, looks less influential and even bad at times. Scored a few decisive goals though.
He is aging, but replacing him will be hard.

#6 ·
Totally agreed with OP, despite Pirlo's decline. The Juve first-team is filled with runners with moderately good ball control but with little playmaking ability. He truly is their leader and ticking-clock. The only way Juventus could win the scudetto without Pirlo is by pure physical domination over their opponents, but I am not sure that would be enough to establish performances that would be more consistent than those of clubs that do have skill like Roma and Napoli.

With Italy, this is the case to a lesser degree because there are players like Montolivo who are smooth ball movers, but none are even near the quality of Pirlo.

Since I have been watching football (year ~2000), Pirlo is definitely the best attacking Italian player I have seen overall. Totti did crazy things but Pirlo's clutchness and leadership is on a completely different level. And just to add, if Pirlo is underrated by Serie A fans in this board, imagine by world football fans..

#9 ·
Master Class. Both the player and the foto presented by Il Lobo.
I hate Juve, but I love Pirlo. I have followed this champion since his time with Baggio at Brescia. There is something beautiful, even original, about the way he plays the game. When Pirlo is on his game, opponents tremble with fear and fall. There is no one quite like him. I wish him a great World Cup. Also, did ya'll see the hot little number he's loving on post-divorce? Damnnn:lick:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.