Xtratime Community banner

Who are the best dribblers in Italy?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Kopite 
#1 ·
So i'm reading this
http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/m9aod...e-A-Still-The-Most-Defensive-League-In-Europe

.. and there is this excerpt

"When you also factor in the poor dribbling success of the top 10 Italians who have completed the most dribble attempts this season, the lack of entertainment in the league is highlighted yet further. Only three of those 10 players - Jonathan Biabiany, Allan and Hernanes, of Parma, Udinese and Lazio respectively - have succeeded in over 50% of their attempted dribbles."

Granted i dont watch Udinese very often, but isnt Allan a DM? How has he made it into top3? Who are the others? And if players such as Biabiany are the best Italy can offer in terms of dribbling right now things aren't looking very shiny:)

#3 ·
Granted i dont watch Udinese very often, but isnt Allan a DM? How has he made it into top3? Who are the others? And if players such as Biabiany are the best Italy can offer in terms of dribbling right now things aren't looking very shiny:)
It is about position. In some positions it is much easier to dribble than others. It is just that a dribble in the middle of the field or in defense seldom is very benficial. It is mostly succesful dribbles in the last third that helps the team, which is why those are harder to do and why a manager accept a higher failing rate there.

As for Biabiany that is more down to pace, his dribbles is more or less down to him sprinting past the player than doing something fancy.

#4 ·
http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/10...-A-2012-2013#stage-top-player-stats-offensive

OK, i managed to find the stats and screwing this successful % of dribbles, top 10 of dribblers per game sounds somehow reasonable

1 Jonathan Biabiany Parma M(CLR),FW 26(4) 3.6
2 Erik Lamela Roma AM(CR),FW 27(2) 3
3 Fredy Guarín Inter AM(C) 22(6) 3
4 Vladimir Weiss Pescara AM(CLR) 16(6) 3
5 Juan Guillermo Cuadrado Fiorentina D(R),M(R) 30(2) 2.9
6 Alessandro Diamanti Bologna AM(CLR),FW 29(1) 2.8
7 Victor Ibarbo Cagliari FW 19(11) 2.4
8 Kevin Constant AC Milan D(L),M(CL) 2.3
9 Luis Muriel Udinese FW 12(6) 2.3
10 Alessio Cerci Torino AM(R),FW 28(3) 2.3

its compiled mostly of wide players and names one expect to see there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.