Xtratime Community banner

Championship thread

3K views 55 replies 8 participants last post by  HajdukSplit 
#1 ·
Thought id make a thread for all the championship games, see if we can get some activity in here,

Great 3-0 won over wednesday last week, top performance to go with it, hopefully more of that too come. Ipswich away next, we never win there :howler: so i'm not hugely confident, another point would be good.

#3 ·
the quicker albrechtsen and leacock are both fit again the better.

#4 ·
Preston at home tonight. We really need to win this one, away form has been very dodgy recently, need to keep the good results at home coming, still lots of injury worries atthe back not helping us.

#7 ·
Yep, our good run was built on a pretty solid cb pairing of Albrechtsen and Leacock, since both got injured the defence has been awful, comical at times. The midfield was way off last night too, Addison looked tired, needs some rest but we cant afford to leave him out at the moment, keep managing to score goals when were playing badly though, which cant be a bad thing.

#9 ·
Our away form is terrible, luckily our home form is still good.

#11 ·
shocking display, one of the most dire games of football i've ever seen, all we did was hoof it, and we've not even got the players to make that effective so its a waste of time.

#12 ·
Liam Dickinson 4 goals in 2 games for Blackpool :howler: oh dear
It's officially Jewell out time now i think judging by most fans opinions at the moment, he's had plenty of time now, and well, the Palace performance was as bad as anything ive ever seen from Derby, Wolves away next i can see us getting hammered and then the pressure will really start to be on.

#13 ·
i like the wolves.

#15 ·
Honestly i dont think we can afford to get rid of him, but then again if we're going to give him more money to throw away whats the difference. I dont kknow, didnt like him when he was at Wigan, thought he was just a hoofball merchant, and thats all he's proven to be here. We've not got an amazing pool of talent to pick from, but we have some decent players, but all we seem to want to do is get the ball and kick it as far as possible.

Though it seems he passed it around quite well against Wolves for a while 1st half, but ended up getting hammered, we need Barnes to come back better than ever or we'll be down there with Forest :(

#16 ·
Wishing Billy D was still incharge? Personally I thought he saw last year was going to be just an experience and was building to get you in the position to comfortably stay in the league in 24/36 months time and had a plan in place, fair enough it looked bleak but he wasnt making different excuses each week.

I find Jewell just looks at the short term and thinks by throwing money at it is going to solve the issue, he's done this at the clubs he has managed since Bradford. It may not be chelsea esque spending but for the level it was alot.

Also what is he thinking regarding Dickason? he is a relevation at Blackpool on loan and hes only played 3 games!

Your team could and in my opinion should be doing much better, good luck with the rest of the season you guys.

#17 ·
Oh hell no, cant stand Davies his style of football is just as bad, and the guy only looks out for himself, his plan was to try and get a better job, now he cant get one anywhere, shame. I wish the Gadsby board came in before Burley walked due to the idiots running the club at the time, best manager we've had recently by a distance.

The Dickinson issue is making Jewell look blatantly like the tool we're all starting to think he is, sending out players and bringing in ones not as good, great stuff :howler:

#18 ·
if we can;t beat Charlton tomorrow then I'll be really worried and I will start to think about Jewell going. He is looking clueless in the past few weeks but I think some fans are expecting too much from this team too early. I'd be content with a midtable finish yet some fans think playoffs is a realistic target :pp

But if they don't get the result against Charlton, they will see themselves in a relegation battle, something which nobody was thinking back in October-November

#19 ·
Lucky draw at bottom of the league, it looks bad. Its not so much league position, we just look clueless, no passing, we dont create any chances, penalty and long throw for goals last night, and the defence looks shaky as ever, though why he heeps playing Powell ahead of Tomkins, or even Nyatanga who im not a big fan of, but he's better than powell.

#21 ·
Better performance, kept the ball on the floor much more, that's all i was asking and it made us look a much better side, Tomkins and Nyatanga were great at the back, Commons looked sharp again as did Barazite when he came on, that was something to build on, but we've had this before and followed it with a string of woeful performances.

#23 ·
We cant score a goal away from home, sp picking up any points is looking unlikely.

#26 ·
well another loss for Derby :eek:

they fall to 18th in the table and are now only 5 points above the relegation zone

15. Plymouth 26 33 -3
16. Barnsley 26 32 -4
17. Blackpool 25 30 -7
18. Derby 26 29 -9
19. Watford 26 27 -6
20. Norwich 26 26 -10
21. Nottingham 26 24 -12
--------------------------
22. Doncaster 26 24 -14
23. Southampton 26 23 -18
24. Charlton 26 19 -17

#27 ·
#28 ·
Shocking performance which saw the end for Jewell, things can only get better in 2009...i think :howler:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.