• 1 Post By szövkap

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 11:18 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Arrow The Official Serious Political Debate Thread

but please keep in mind:

Disparaging expressions will not be tolerated. We will not allow threads to become circles of accusations, personal attacks, or platforms for political agendas. Spamming will not be tolerated. "Copy and Paste" posts may be acceptable only when directly relevant and with moderation. The repetition of slogans and other expressions from political propaganda will be banned. We encourage members to critically develop and discuss ideas. Xtratime is not meant to be used for propaganda.

so leave your political agendas at the door and enter this thread with the mind of an innocent child
Ante likes this.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 12:53
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

I'm seriously worried about the political climate change in the West. I wonder where we are headed and how it will all end. I'm afraid things May get even worse before they can even begin to get any better.
Ero and Ante like this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 13:03
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
good job Andy, keeping those Big Brother admins busy for their money closing threads and stuff, especially their Great Leader, that old little literature professor from the lost mountains

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 13:19
Xtratime Elite

on the topic, who really wants a „serious“ political discussion? is there such a thing at all? if there is, who decides about its seriosity? and isn‘t all the fun about it actually in trolling, triggering and hate speech? bist deppert, die is schoaf?

discuss
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 13:25 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap View Post
on the topic, who really wants a „serious“ political discussion? is there such a thing at all? if there is, who decides about its seriosity? and isn‘t all the fun about it actually in trolling, triggering and hate speech? bist deppert, die is schoaf?

discuss
yes
szövkap likes this.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 14:41
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap View Post

discuss
I can perfectly predict what, if any, replies this post will get but seriousness is about sanity szo. Not only it is possible, it is needed and sane. As to who decides, if you can't tell the difference doesn't mean others can't. Doesn't mean it is not desirable.
About your 'fun' question. May be trolling is fun but not constantly, hourly or 90 out of 100 posts. If you truly believe hate speech is fun it is sad and much worse.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 14:49
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
I can perfectly predict what, if any, replies this post will get but seriousness is about sanity szo. Not only it is possible, it is needed and sane. As to who decides, if you can't tell the difference doesn't mean others can't. Doesn't mean it is not desirable.
About your 'fun' question. May be trolling is fun but not constantly, hourly or 90 out of 100 posts. If you truly believe hate speech is fun it is sad and much worse.
Hey Reza, my fellow Canuck ...am just curious, who defines hate speech?

Up here in Canada, we see the groper and his useless buddies calling us racists, nazis, neadrathals, climate deniers. I think those are sort of hateful. What about you?

I cannot wait for October to come to vote this jacka.ss out and make him a part time supply drama teacher again. He's made Canada a laughingstock internationally with his costumes and virtue signalling peoplekinding globalist incompetence. And don't get me started on giving that murder terrorist pos Khadr $10.5M while the widow of the American medic he killed and their kids suffer the rest of their lives...and yet our Vets "are asking for more than we can give"...

Thoughts?

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 15:06
Xtratime Elite

@Reza , it is fun and sane when I use hate speech and call Morerhino lame, Orkan a comrade, JCam a Jair, Canucks snow Mexicans, Peruvians a snowflake, Ero a kiwi/yugo, TTM a salvatrucha etc and there‘s also nothing wrong with others doing the same to me

politics generally imho is a satirical topic nobody with a sane mind can take seriously to begin with and this applies even more so for people who do

politicians are nothing but professional and well paid trolls

I recommend reading Michel Foucault‘s „History of Madness“ as introduction into the handling of „sanity“ and the outsourcing of what is not considered as such by the powers to be
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 15:08
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
I have no interest in Trudeau and have never voted Liberal at any level. A serious discussion about Canadian politics can be had, if anybody can stop 'trolling', keep civil and serious in 90+ out of 100 posts.
No one person is capable of defining what is hate speech, there are some words that are more hate than others, some more obviously hatefully directed and intentionally aimed at others .... but after all that, you are mistaken if you equate xt with society. XT is a football forum, it is not downtown Damascus, it is not even Canadian parliament.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 15:14
Xtratime Elite

as for the drama teacher, he did one thing good, that‘s for shaw

might even call him part-time libertarian for that

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 15:22
Xtratime Elite

look at the WWE fx. we totally hate and troll each other ethnically with hate speech and beyond, yet we all get along somehow, even to such a point that when outsiders come in lecturing us about rules and such, we‘d fight to the last man standing for each other. also, it has been one of the most active sub-forums for many years now

sanity, madness?
Ero likes this.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 16:01
Xtratime Elite

having browsed through Canada‘s party system, couldn‘t find anything I would lean to. would probably go for either Liberal (because Ganja) or Bloc Québecois (because regionalism) or anything that has a candidate with Hungry ancestry
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 16:15
Xtratime Elite

ok Liberal has 1 magyar named MP in house of commons so there‘s my choice

what‘s with all those Sikhs with turbans in the Commons, they seem to make up like half of your parliament
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 16:38
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
I have no interest in Trudeau and have never voted Liberal at any level. A serious discussion about Canadian politics can be had, if anybody can stop 'trolling', keep civil and serious in 90+ out of 100 posts.
No one person is capable of defining what is hate speech, there are some words that are more hate than others, some more obviously hatefully directed and intentionally aimed at others .... but after all that, you are mistaken if you equate xt with society. XT is a football forum, it is not downtown Damascus, it is not even Canadian parliament.
Maybe you aren't so bad after all?

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in