Xtratime Community banner

Friendly: Ukraine v. Uzbekistan

1K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Kostja 
#1 ·
Blokhin named the roster for this 8/22 fix. A lot of familiar names but a few new names: Danilovsky :thumbsup: , Hladky :thumbsup: & Hritsai :thumbsup: No Khudobyak though - he screwed his chance up by taking "off" two last games. :moan: Sheva will play for NT despite being announced that he won;t play vs. LIver in the next Chelsea's EPL game. :undecide:

#3 ·
I don't see any reason why Bloxin should pick Sheva to play - fit or other wise. And mostly he is otherwise coz his mission now in life is to play with Chelsea as best as he can. Yet hes not in the travelling squad to Reading tomorrow night and will not play against Liverpool in what should be a great clash.

I do like that Hladkij is in the squad and the lad if he continues his impressive start has got a big chance to show off his stuff on the international level.

More so I'd be interested in watch Dnipro more closely if I was Bloxin - and think he finally got the message when asked about the National team - He said that Dnipro is mostly YKPAIHIAH ;^))))))

#5 ·
I must say Im a bit dissapointed with the squad Blokhin chose for the game... Yeah, Im glad that he called up Pyatov, Hladkyi and Danylovsky (i hope they all start), who clearly is one of the best defensive mids in the UPL atm, but...

1) Why Hrytsay? Who is he gonna replace in the middle? I dont mind giving young players a chance to motivate them to perform better, but Hrytsai is a well aged player. I cant see him as a long term solution to anything.

2) Why only 4 defenders? Fine we dont need a strong defence for Uzbekistan, but the result in these games is not the most important thing. Watching new players, trying out new tactics/formations is all what these games are about... Why arent Yatsenko and Chyhrynsky in the squad? Fine, Chyhrynsky could help the U-21 team, but Yatsenko has done really well so far this season and he's over 21 so, why not? Is Blokhin thinking of playing Kucher and Rusol vs France? Why limit your choice?

3) Tymoschuk, Danylovsky, Shelayev, Mykhalyk. Why do we need so many destructive minded players? Shelayev imho is the weakest of the three and should've been dropped.

4) Kravchenko... The guy is very young, full of potential and been playing some great football recently. Why didnt he deserve to get a chance in a friendly? What did Rotan/Kalina do in the past 1-2 months that they are so irreplacable?

5) Shevchenko - what is he doing in the squad? Does he really need to be "tested" vs Uzbeks? Especially so early after his injury, if it really is the reason he was out of Chelseas opening fixtures...

to yurchishin: i wasnt holding up much hope for Khudobyak. He's been very inconsistant over the past 6-7 months. Didnt really deserve it.

The team Id like to see vs Uzbeks is:

---------------------------Pyatov-----------------------------
--Yezersky-----------Rusol--------Kucher--------Nesmachny---
-----------------------Tymoschuk-----------------------------
--Husyev--------------------------------------------Rotan----
------------------------Nazarenko-----------------------------
-----------------Gladkyi------------Shevchenko----------------

Second half subs:
Voronin for Nazarenko
Danylovsky for Tymoschuk
Kalina for Rotan
maybe Mykhalyk for Husyev

P.S. Kleber's opinion is not welcomed!!!

#6 ·
Roman said:
The team Id like to see vs Uzbeks is:

---------------------------Pyatov-----------------------------
--Yezersky-----------Rusol--------Kucher--------Nesmachny---
-----------------------Tymoschuk-----------------------------
--Husyev--------------------------------------------Rotan----
------------------------Nazarenko-----------------------------
-----------------Gladkyi------------Shevchenko----------------

Second half subs:
Voronin for Nazarenko
Danylovsky for Tymoschuk
Kalina for Rotan
maybe Mykhalyk for Husyev

P.S. Kleber's opinion is not welcomed!!!
Hladky's duo with Sheva or Vorona could be a true treat. :lick: A nice mix of experience and youth.

#7 ·
I actually think Hladkiy would do better in a partnership with Vorona. One is a supporting forward, the other a penalty box striker. But the reason i picked Gladkyi-Sheva in the starting lineup was becuase i simply wanna see how they two do together...

P.S. Sheva is Gladkyis idol and he's, soon to come true, dream was to meet the guy in person... :pp

#8 ·
Roman said:
I actually think Hladkiy would do better in a partnership with Vorona. One is a supporting forward, the other a penalty box striker. But the reason i picked Gladkyi-Sheva in the starting lineup was becuase i simply wanna see how they two do together...

P.S. Sheva is Gladkyis idol and he's, soon to come true, dream was to meet the guy in person... :pp
That's the point: Hladky stands to learn a lot more from a partnership with Sheva. :hopefull: Vorona, with all due respect, is just a good working horse, or a bird. :pp

#10 ·
shevagol said:
Is Sheva actually going to play? Seems a bit strange that he is sitting out 2 league games but playing a friendly vs. Uzbekistan. I'm happy to see Gladkyi and some other youngsters in there. But disappointed to see no Chigrinsky or Yatsenko.
With Chigirinsky, Blokhin is sending a not so subtle signal that his current form is unacceptable at the NT level.

#11 ·
yurchishin79 said:
With Chigirinsky, Blokhin is sending a not so subtle signal that his current form is unacceptable at the NT level.
You're probably right. But then again he's punishing players who dropped their bar (i.e. Chyhrynsky), but does not reward those who raised it (i.e. Yatsenko). A bit strange, but thats Blokhin for you...

#12 ·
I will only talk about dynamo player,nesmachny,mikhalik and shovkovsky should not be in the list......

#21 ·
lmo5 it might have something to do with club commitements. Zenit are trying to win their first title in 22-23 years and a Tymoschuk injury in a meaningless game against a low quality opponent ( Uzbekistan) would be unthinkable for Zenit and their fans.

#22 ·
Dmitriy said:
lmo5 it might have something to do with club commitements. Zenit are trying to win their first title in 22-23 years and a Tymoschuk injury in a meaningless game against a low quality opponent ( Uzbekistan) would be unthinkable for Zenit and their fans.
Hardly I can imagine Blokhin cares about Zenit commitments or fans or whatever. :howler:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.