Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Thumbs Up Rio 2016 Basketball

Quarterfinals starting tomorrow and there's loads of great games:

Australia v Lithuania
Spain v France
USA v Argentina
Croatia v Serbia (WWE deathmatch)

USA has not exactly dominated hugely in recent matches but at the same time they weren't really close to losing these either, despite of the narrow 3-point win margin both vs Serbia and France.

I predict Australia, France and Serbia going through from other games.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2016, 21:22
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve/ITALIA
You think Australia is too good for Lithuania? Shouldnt Lithuania actually be favorites in this tie?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2016, 21:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
I haven't seen Lithuania but heard they got crushed by 50 points against the Spaniards. The Boomers have been in very good form and in the last two matches vs China and Venezuela we rested Bogut and Mills, getting plenty of minutes into our bench.

Though there's a feeling 2020 will be our time when we've got Simmons, Maker, Exum etc in the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2016, 13:55 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
You think Australia is too good for Lithuania? Shouldnt Lithuania actually be favorites in this tie?
yeah they're the slight favorites probably, but for some reason i have a feeling Aussies got this

edit: I checked and apparently the bookies consider Aussies to be pretty significant favorites in this tie...

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2016, 15:32 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Ozzies dominating pretty clearly so far. I'm actually supporting them in this (unlike 90% of Estonian's I guess)...there's something inherently unappealing in Lithuania's offense in recent years...very slow and deliberate.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2016, 15:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Smoking them from downtown.

Dellavedova MVP

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2016, 16:15 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

25 point lead late 3rd quarter...pretty shocking

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2016, 16:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Australia for Gold.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2016, 16:25 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

not a complete impossibility actually...

if France makes it past Spain, I can see a small chance they might knock USA out...they lost to them by 3 points while playing mostly subs...and overall they match up pretty well vs them.

And Australia is definitely able to beat Balcunts in the other semi, as well as anybody but USA in the final.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2016, 17:47
Star Player

Aussies have been the 2nd best team throughout the games so far. Spain is finding their groove a bit after a slow start too. Should be an Aussie-US final though
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2016, 20:16 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Spain completely destroys France...didn't watch it so not sure what happened there but I would not have expected a 25 point win margin to either side

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2016, 20:19
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Bursaspor, Turkiye
USA will win Gold again despite sending its D-team.

Adı Aşk Bu Eziyetin
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2016, 23:37 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

USA v Argies pretty one sided too although they managed to cut their 25 point deficit to 16 by HT...still it will be an easy walk to the semis for America.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2016, 21:45 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

USA pretty comfortably holds off Spain...overall a pretty boring low tempo game where USA didn't build any huge leads but were always ahead by about 5-10 points. Offensive rebounds and 2nd chance points were the difference maker.
Firdaus likes this.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2016, 23:21 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

great defense by Serbia as Aussies shoot only 5 pts in 1st quarter.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2016, 23:44 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

really scrappy 1st half...both teams shoot threes with less than 15%

and Aussies only 14 points in 1st half can't even remember when was the last time I saw such a low total...

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2016, 01:04
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
USA pretty comfortably holds off Spain...overall a pretty boring low tempo game where USA didn't build any huge leads but were always ahead by about 5-10 points. Offensive rebounds and 2nd chance points were the difference maker.
That is how they won all their competitive games so far. It's really hard to bully them off the boards and avoid turning the ball over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
really scrappy 1st half...both teams shoot threes with less than 15%

and Aussies only 14 points in 1st half can't even remember when was the last time I saw such a low total...
Ya, I did not expect them to come out so flat. Horrendous game by them.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2016, 17:23 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Aussies lose bronze by a single point to Spain...very tense and exciting match where both Mills and Pau Gasol shined. Possibly Australia got robbed a bit, not sure if there really was a foul on Rodriguez on Spain's last attack.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in