hey! welcome to copa america! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2000, 23:14 Thread Starter
Star Player

it is great to see jan add all these cool new forums. i expect all the south american fans show up here and talk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2000, 23:38
Star Player

ok as you are called Argentina I was wondering about your feelings towards this tournament. I mean at the leat one you did not put in a full strength squad so does this mean that it means little?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2000, 04:27 Thread Starter
Star Player

no, not really...last year, so many players were exhausted from playing in the leagues and some injured. that was dissapointing, but that gave a chance for the younger players to come and play. requelme was there, samuel was there also and some other guys like palermo, so it isnt who shows up for us because we usually have a great team playing there. even though players like batigol, veron, crespo, etc. didnt play, we have backups that are good enough to win it for us.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2000, 04:58
Legend

Speaking of Martin Palermo - I think no one will be able to forget the COPA America when he missed three penalties in one game. That is quite some achievment hehe
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2000, 08:30 Thread Starter
Star Player

palermo is a hell of a striker...he reminds me of vieri. he is going to be in a huge club and kick ass!

labas, i dont care about the 3 penalties. he is awesome!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2000, 09:44
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
Can someone tell me why Uruguay has such a hard time fielding a full strength national team? Brazil, Argentina, Chile etc.. all must deal with European based players, but only Uruguay seems to have such huge problems getting them for the national squad. Why?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2000, 23:21
Legend

Hey! Chill Argentina! I never said anything about Palermo not being great! In fact he is one of my all time favorite strikers, behind Raul, Amoroso and Morientes. I love the guy and hope he makes a quick transfer to Europe, where it really matters...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2000, 04:30
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

Teams: TIMAO & Selecao Canarinha
proabbly because their FA is not strong
today Uruguya do not hold the power they had...
I f Brazil and Argenitna complain to FIFA something they wil be attended, cause if we boycott any tournament it will be a HUGE loss!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor ate o fim.
A Corrente Jamais Sera Quebrada!
THE WORLD IS OURS
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2000, 04:26
Star Player

I know that this is a tad early but who do you guys think will win the next Copa America. Hopefully Saviola will be playing then (I have only seen him play 3 times ) for Argentina and Real Madrid

[This message has been edited by pool_till_I_die (edited 03-06-2000).]
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2000, 20:58
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

Teams: TIMAO & Selecao Canarinha
Well, Brazil should win it again, we've won it the last 2 tournaments with no sweat. In 97 the players did not even train, they were just playing foot-volley in the training sessions, and Romario faked an injury to not play the final in the altitude In 99, we played bad, and still won it
Also, by the time the next Copa America comes by, we should already be qualified to the WC, then the Copa America should be just a training tournament of tactical variations and new team line up, and then get the team almost in shape to win the 2002 WC.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2000, 23:11
Rookie

My best memory from Copa America was a game I saw in 1991 I think between Brazil and Argentina. I watched Screen Sport here in Norway in the middle of the night and Argentina won eventually 3-2, but there were at least 5 red cards in the game and lots of drama.

That was the game I discovered Batistuta for the first time. I think he was pretty unknown at that time. And my other favourite Argentina player Dario Franco. What happened to him anyway??
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2000, 20:25
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Enough about those Bosteros! River has much more talent and they will always be on top. Por que a Boca le dicen "clavo sin cabeza"? Porque nunca se ve en la tabla!!!!ha ha ha ha!!!

Grande Enzo! Grande Chileno!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2000, 20:29
I Need More Cowbell!
International

The way Brazil is playing right now, they won't be seeing Japan anytime soon. If it wasnt for the mafia in SA we would've see another MARACANAZO after 50 years.

Hang Luxemburgo, that cocky [email protected]$%&#*&! who said,(before even playing one game) he had the top spot wrapped up.

[Edited by Loco_Poom on 16-07-2000 at 20:37]
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2000, 19:24
Rising Star

Am I wrong or the last Copas America that Argentina won were in 1991 and 1993?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in