LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 136 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2019, 21:18
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
This should be better:
Attached Images

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 02:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
This Argentina team is so poor. Probably the worst I saw.

I think they won't even qualify to the next WC tbh. Can see them finish behind Brazil, Colombia, Uruguay, Chile, Peru and possibly Paraguay as well.

Good finish by Paraguay's Richard Sanchez. But poor defending by the Argentine RB.
van likes this.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #43 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 02:32
van
Community Manager
Legend

Very poor indeed. In all aspects. They'll probably make it to WC anyway I'd say because Messi plus they just get results now and then, but they suck. They need to get a real quality manager. That's the thing.

Good play by Almiron too for Paraguay's goal, but everybody just watched him run in a straight line for more than 50 meters.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich

post #44 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 02:37
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
Desperate times, desperate measure. Second half will have Messi, Aguero, Lautaro
post #45 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 02:49
van
Community Manager
Legend

VAR is completely out of control in this Copa America. Ruining the competition. They get it wrong, they take 5 minutes, they sometimes look sometimes not, don't show replays, etc etc.

Drama every single game.

If it's going to be like this, I'm 1000000% against it.

Nathaniel Rich
post #46 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 02:49
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Atletico-MG
Odd Var, but more odd is the absence of replays while we wait to know what is being looked and again, a bad replay showing it.

Kat: "JCam, you may quote me now, but you are quite wise".

Kat: "JCam knows, we do not doubt in him".
post #47 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 02:50
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
I am fully convinced I am against it, I was before copa too. This decision and he got a yellow for it too, is farcical.
post #48 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 02:56
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCamilo View Post
Odd Var, but more odd is the absence of replays while we wait to know what is being looked and again, a bad replay showing it.
Even the Argie commentators are complaining about the lack of replays. It's insane. What's up with that? Who's in charge of the International broadcast?

Nathaniel Rich
post #49 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 02:57
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Someone thinks it is funny to create suspense apparently...

post #50 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 13:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
Very poor indeed. In all aspects. They'll probably make it to WC anyway I'd say because Messi plus they just get results now and then, but they suck. They need to get a real quality manager. That's the thing.
I reckon Simeone or Pocchetino would love the job.. although they have unfinished businesses currently at their clubs (CL missing for Cholo and winning something at Spurs for Poc)

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #51 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 14:12
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

They could end devoured by the mess of the federation and the players ego. Again, the coach has no control among the players. This is going way behind who is the coach, just look how hard is for them to drop older players like Di Maria, Aguero or Otamendi and work with a younger group. Messi is lost in the mess, at this point it seems that would much better if they could first build up a group then bring him back than using the "messi will save us" strategy.

post #52 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 14:40
van
Community Manager
Legend

I think for sure there are issues of player power, and I agree with the last part. There's also the issue of journalism. The football journalists in Argentina are violently crazy, creating drama 24/7, especially whenever their NT don't win 5-0 (so almost every time).

At the same time, they don't seem to have dozens of players ready to take over guys like Di Maria and Otamendi, who for all their issues have in fact useful to their NT not long ago.

More generally however, and although it feels a bit less deep of a pool that in previous decades, they still have a very very big one (compared to almost everybody else), and insane quality in attack... They definitely should be doing a lot better. There is no excuse to play that kind of garbage football with the players they have available.

The only way out I see is if they get a truly strong character at the helm. The names @Nerazzurri4life suggests are the best possible ones but I doubt they'd take the hot mess right now in their careers. Maybe it can be someone widely respected at home too -- Sabela certainly worked. They really should have done better and get Gallardo for example.

Then again, maybe they beat Qatar 5-0 and end up winning the Copa.

Nathaniel Rich
post #53 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 16:14
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Sampaoli has a stronger character and all, but never had back up to deal with the ego of the players and we saw the result.

About new names, we will never know. Look Icardi and Dybala. While I do not think they are a big deal, they never had a sequence because Higuain and Aguero were called over and over. The thing is that this generation top was in 2014, they need to pass the generation (not differently from 78 generation having to give way to 86 generation, which by the way, had much of AFA mess, journalists, power strugles with players, Tango...) and of course, this means a slight drop in quality/results, but at least you see a team being build.

post #54 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 17:28
van
Community Manager
Legend

I think you can look at it from another perspective. These guys are all very good IMO, most of them beyond doubt. The problem is more that they don't trust anyone enough rather than that they trust them too much. Any of them, the old and the new.

For example they complained about Higuain for a whole decade and eventually he left (though he is arguably past it now). He missed a few key goals for sure, but actually with him they got to a World Cup Final and two Copa America Finals. I know that's not enough for Argies, but it's a lot. Same with Di Maria and of course Messi.

However they're questioning them and everyone else all the time, one bad game and they ask for their heads. Even Messi gets a lot of shit. Aguerorarely has very longs run as starter and I don't see why he would not now, he has had another fantastic goalscoring and playing season. Icardi or Dybala come off poor seasons but are obvious talents that almost never get any chances, even when they do have good seasons.

I also think the current quality is not as bad as a lot of people are saying. They've had a few golden generations with great players almost in every line, but along with the huge talent most times they have also built successful teams with players like Piojo Lopez, Maxi Rodriguez, Kily Gonzalez, Chelito Delgado, a bunch of mediocre fullbacks, etc etc. Just in the Brazil WC, they had players like Federico Fernandez, Enzo Perez, Demichelis, Rojo, Campagnaro, Lavezzi, Alvarez, Palacio... Not very impressive players along the very good ones. What it does seem to lack now is a couple of tough midfield and CB generals. Mascherano made a huge difference.

The other thing is about the manager. 1978 and 1986 had HUGE managers; these guys still are institutions and not only because they won the WC. Sampaoli is a very particular case. Strong personality but it will only work for him under specific circumstances. I've seen him coach my local team in Peru and he lasted three months and for the only time we almost got relegated that season -- completely lost the players very early on, was not given time, etc. The Argie NT last time was obviously a terrible fit for him, just like post-Bielsa Chile was perfect.

Nathaniel Rich
post #55 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 18:01
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
I think you can look at it from another perspective. These guys are all very good IMO, most of them beyond doubt. The problem is more that they don't trust anyone enough rather than that they trust them too much. Any of them, the old and the new.

For example they complained about Higuain for a whole decade and eventually he left (though he is arguably past it now). He missed a few key goals for sure, but actually with him they got to a World Cup Final and two Copa America Finals. I know that's not enough for Argies, but it's a lot. Same with Di Maria and of course Messi.
Di Maria's case is no different from Alves for Brazil. He keeps being called, no replacement is prepared. When you get in a world cup with Danilo and Fagner, there was an obvious lack of trust to the point William was starting to help them out and that made the team unbalanced as hell. They were all good once, for sure, but what they are today? Di Maria is basically a bench player in a mid league, in 2014 he was a important player for Real. The same goes for Mascherano last cup. He was clearly past it and they missed an oportunity to try to find a replacement for him. They must do now, so they are a tournament behind.

Higuain in other hand, was always bad. This trend started by Guyvarch of the 9 that is useless can be a problem when you need to be decisive at higher level, that is when Higuain failed. They were in those finals despite of him. He was the best only player in the last decade to be able to stop both Ronaldo and Messi from getting more trophies.

Quote:
I also think the current quality is not as bad as a lot of people are saying. They've had a few golden generations with great players almost in every line, but along with the huge talent most times they have also built successful teams with players like Piojo Lopez, Maxi Rodriguez, Kily Gonzalez, Chelito Delgado, a bunch of mediocre fullbacks, etc etc. Just in the Brazil WC, they had players like Federico Fernandez, Enzo Perez, Demichelis, Rojo, Campagnaro, Lavezzi, Alvarez, Palacio... Not very impressive players along the very good ones. What it does seem to lack now is a couple of tough midfield and CB generals. Mascherano made a huge difference.
But that is a great example, those players had inferior quality, but they are given oportuity to build up a team. In the end, an organized team is better than a mixed team with famous players out of form coming on everytime there is pressure preventing the new players to step up.

They are just coming from scratch every tournament.

Quote:
The other thing is about the manager. 1978 and 1986 had HUGE managers; these guys still are institutions and not only because they won the WC. Sampaoli is a very particular case. Strong personality but it will only work for him under specific circumstances. I've seen him coach my local team in Peru and he lasted three months and for the only time we almost got relegated that season -- completely lost the players very early on, was not given time, etc. The Argie NT last time was obviously a terrible fit for him, just like post-Bielsa Chile was perfect.
My opinion of Sampaoli is that he is problematic and often has problem to adjust his teams to different circustances, hence why he is not as effective to get trophies as his fame suggests, but it was obvious his style of game would never work without players in top shape and choosen by him. in 2018 he had to bend to the pressure, so the result was awful.

post #56 of 136 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 23:50
fawkin legend
Star Player

Teams: none uv urs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCamilo View Post
You can find similar players than those and if they are just in better shape, the merrier (and to mention, the schedule of previous world cups, in the middle of year, implied that players in Brazil are in the middle of season, so less tired and better shape and players from europe, in the very botton of their capacity), so it was an advantage we were not using.
Which playas from that shit hole called Brasilian leeg r missin? Give us names!

GabiNOgol ?
Super Pato ?
Hernanes?
Rafael Sobis?
Fred?
Diego Tardelli?
Vagner Love?
Jadson?
Felipe Melo?
38 year ol Edu Dracena ???
post #57 of 136 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2019, 01:03
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

There is years that you repeat this obnoxious answer and the result? Artur was not in the last WC watching out Renato Augusto (who went to the cup injuried) and Fernadinho, but you still repeat the same nonsense.

No, Marcos Rocha, Dudu, Bruno Henrique, Dedé, Everton Ribeiro, Geromel are all players in better shape than Fernandinhos, Alans, Alves, Willians, Neres... And while i do not like Gabigol, its a younger player that was the top scorer of brazilian league, instead of Jesus, who had an awful World Cup and hardly had a following great season yet has a place in every calls.

So, yeah, its a fact that our worst world cup sequence is the one where coaches ignored our league. Deal with it.

post #58 of 136 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2019, 19:59
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Neres and Richarlyson out, Everthon and Jesus in.

post #59 of 136 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2019, 20:10
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Peru not giving Artur and Casemiro room to breath, so they control the game. Casemiro gets his second yellow and is out of next game.

post #60 of 136 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2019, 20:13
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

The traditional deficiency of Peru and Brazil strong corner kick, Casemiro 1 x 0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in