Copa America 2011 - Team Of The Tournament - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 03:14 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

Copa America 2011 - Team Of The Tournament

Well, name your starting lineup for what you personally think should be the team of the tournament.

I will make mine very shortly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 03:15
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: MANCHESTER UNITED, Shillong Lajong FC.
Let the cup get finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
She told me again she loves me , and I said I love myself too
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 03:17 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

I'm pretty sure we can make a team of the tournament, Homes. We've seen three or four matches of each team to make the judgments on this topic.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 03:22
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesQueUnClub View Post
I'm pretty sure we can make a team of the tournament, Homes. We've seen three or four matches of each team to make the judgments on this topic.
ok but I doubt any player from Big Two.

Quote:
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 04:12 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

Fernando Muslera (Uruguay)

Renzo Revoredo (Peru)
Diego Lugano (Uruguay)
Oswaldo Vizcarrondo (Venezuela)
Gabriel Cichero (Venezuela)

Christian Riveros (Paraguay)
Egidio Arevalo Rios (Uruguay)

Luis Suarez (Uruguay)
Jorge Valdivia (Chile)
Marcelo Estigarribia (Paraguay)

Sergio Aguero (Argentina)

Special Mentions:
Argentina: Fernando Gago, Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain
Brazil: Maicon, Ramires, Lucas Rodrigues, Ganso, Neymar
Uruguay: Sebastian Coates, Martin Caceres, Diego Forlan
Chile: Pablo Contreras, Arturo Vidal, Alexis Sanchez, Humberto Suazo, Esteban Paredes
Colombia: Camilo Zuniga, Fredy Guarin, Dayro Moreno, Adrian Ramos
Paraguay: Justo Villar, Dario Veron, Paulo da Silva, Nelson Haedo Valdez
Bolivia: Edivaldo Rojas
Peru: Raul Fernandez, Walter Vilchez, Juan Manuel Vargas, William Chiroque, Jose Paolo Guerrero
Venezuela: Renny Vega, Tomas Rincon, Juan Arango
Ecuador: Marcelo Elizaga, Edison Mendez, Felipe Caicedo
Mexico: Nestor Araujo, Giovani dos Santos
Costa Rica: Heiner Mora, Joel Campbell
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 04:19
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
------------Muslera--------------
Reveredo-Lugano-Perez-Cichero
-----Rivero-------Forlan----------
------------Suazo----------------
---Sanchez--Suarez---Pato-------

Am I the only one that thinks Forlan is awesome?

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 04:53
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHercegovac View Post
------------Muslera--------------
Reveredo-Lugano-Perez-Cichero
-----Rivero-------Forlan----------
------------Suazo----------------
---Sanchez--Suarez---Pato-------

Am I the only one that thinks Forlan is awesome?
I guess most people are fixated on Forlan as a striker. They forget when Uruguay's lazy ass midfielders run out of gas, it's mostly Forlan and Suarez who have to like totally play both midfield while playing their natural positions up front at the same time!! Don't know how they do it, but they somehow do.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 06:08
Star Player

It's funny that people try to avoid Neymar and Messi, and end up putting players who haven't been any better than those.

Come on now, get serious! Yes, both didn't perform as expected, but frankly, this Copa doesn't have any brilliant performers in attack. You might as well put them in. Sanchez, Pato, Estigarribia, Aguero and Suarez ahead of them? This surely has to be a joke. So what exactly did they do better than those two?

I have been watching the games, there weren't any stars in attack so far. The teams that have advanced did so thanks to their defenses mostly. Out of all attackers, Messi was the best with his passes. He might not have progressed, but that is not relevant in this thread.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 06:33
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid
out of argentina and brazil id only have messi in there. the rest dont deserve a mention at all.

"A problem in my heart compels me to retire but my heart is still beating Real Madrid"

Ruben De la Red

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 06:36
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxavi View Post
It's funny that people try to avoid Neymar and Messi, and end up putting players who haven't been any better than those.

Come on now, get serious! Yes, both didn't perform as expected, but frankly, this Copa doesn't have any brilliant performers in attack. You might as well put them in. Sanchez, Pato, Estigarribia, Aguero and Suarez ahead of them? This surely has to be a joke. So what exactly did they do better than those two?

I have been watching the games, there weren't any stars in attack so far. The teams that have advanced did so thanks to their defenses mostly. Out of all attackers, Messi was the best with his passes. He might not have progressed, but that is not relevant in this thread.
they were better than neymar.

Quote:
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 06:46
Forum Manager
International

Suarez has been better (and more decisive) than even Sanchez or Aguero. Estigarribia deserves the mention as well.

Neymar had 1 great game, other three somewhat average. Messi had 1 amazing game, 1 great and the other two pretty average.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 07:03 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxavi View Post

I put Messi and Neymar in the special mentions, they don't deserve any more than that. I'm basing my lineup on this Copa, not what they do in club football.

Estigarribia is the player of the tournament for me. He had everything. Mazy runs, powerful shots, good passing, vision, and understanding if his teammates. He's the unsung hero for Paraguay imo. Aguero is the tournament top scorer and Suarez is the man who tore Argentina's defence apart as well as being Uruguay's best performer in the group stages. Pato doesn't deserve any mention, while Sanchez is in special mentions.

Messi made great passes but he was also too passive, not the football we see from him at Barcelona. Maybe if he played the #9 position, he probably would have made it in this list but otherwise, he doesn't because Suarez, Aguero, and Estigarribia deserve it more.

Also, Lolz at all of you for not noticing SacHercegovac putting Forlan as a central midfielder and Diego Perez a center back.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 10:48
Rising Star

Teams: Futbol Club Barcelona
I think Villar edges Muslera... I thought most of his saves were impossible, he kept a clean sheet, and didn't allow one penalty in... Or at least the one's that came near him

Other than those two he saved a Ganso shot which then hit the post and a one on one with Pato.

Madrid, cabrón, saluda al campeón
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 18:01
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

Teams: TIMAO & Selecao Canarinha
I din't see many games

but what i saw i would put this
Attached Images

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 19:51
Rising Star

Teams: FC Porto, Arsenal, Newcastle, Portugal NT

Maybe swapping Forlan around with Suarez, dunno.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 20:31
International

What has Forlan done this Copa? I just remember him missing an absolute sitter. He has maintained possession pretty well but as a scorer he has been completely off the mark. I like the guy but I just don't think he deserves to be on the tournament team yet (unless the forwards of all the teams have been that awful, which could be).
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 21:05
Rising Star

Teams: Futbol Club Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanele1973 View Post
What has Forlan done this Copa? I just remember him missing an absolute sitter. He has maintained possession pretty well but as a scorer he has been completely off the mark. I like the guy but I just don't think he deserves to be on the tournament team yet (unless the forwards of all the teams have been that awful, which could be).
Uruguay were playing with 10 men, having a midfielder sent off, there was no one to supply the ball to Suarez and Forlan, didn't you see how deep they went to pick up the ball and then drive forward. Forlan was instrumental in building up attacks and keeping possession. I rate his performances higher than Messi and Neymar in this tournament. He's 32 but plays as if he's in his 20's... He deserves this Copa.

Madrid, cabrón, saluda al campeón
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 21:10
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Quote:
I put Messi and Neymar in the special mentions, they don't deserve any more than that. I'm basing my lineup on this Copa, not what they do in club football.

Estigarribia is the player of the tournament for me. He had everything. Mazy runs, powerful shots, good passing, vision, and understanding if his teammates. He's the unsung hero for Paraguay imo. Aguero is the tournament top scorer and Suarez is the man who tore Argentina's defence apart as well as being Uruguay's best performer in the group stages. Pato doesn't deserve any mention, while Sanchez is in special mentions.

Messi made great passes but he was also too passive, not the football we see from him at Barcelona. Maybe if he played the #9 position, he probably would have made it in this list but otherwise, he doesn't because Suarez, Aguero, and Estigarribia deserve it more.

Also, Lolz at all of you for not noticing SacHercegovac putting Forlan as a central midfielder and Diego Perez a center back.
For Forlan, I know he is a striker but have you notticed his play with Uruguay in this COPA? I think he fits better in the midfield as he sets up people a lot of the time. As for Perez, I don't know what i did there...

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2011, 01:27
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Costa Rica !!!!!

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2011, 05:09
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: FC Barcelona, Indonesia NT
Quote:
Estigarribia is the player of the tournament for me. He had everything. Mazy runs, powerful shots, good passing, vision, and understanding if his teammates. He's the unsung hero for Paraguay imo.

Good call on Estigarribia!

Forlan is a good AM imo As SacHercegovac said, Uruguay basically plays without real striker, just dynamic forwards that drop into AM positions to set themselves up.. crazy stuff!

Oh le le, oh la la.. Ser del Barça es, el millor que hi ha!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in