Why hasn't Acosta been sacked?! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2000, 08:50 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Chile and Lazio
We have 10 points in 9 games! This is terrible! We have lost to Bolivia and Ecuador! Add to that crunch matches vs Uruguay and Colombia (at home). Add to this we drew to Peru at home! People were asking for Acostas head even after we beat Brazil 3-0 now we loose 2 games in a row! He must go! Its probably too late to make the wc2002 but we should at least give ourselves a chance and get a new coach!

FORZALAZIO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2000, 15:57
Rising Star

Chile should sack Acosta. It sucks that a team with so many great players like Zamorano, Salas, Pizarro, Tello, etc. only has 10 points.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2000, 01:00
International

Teams: Boca Juniors & Argentina
I expected more from Chile. Th team has a good base of players, but seem to lack a collective sense of football. Many difficult games ahead. We next play Chile in Santiago on Nov.15th.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2000, 17:16
Premier Player

And i expected more from Chile.
Let's see how difficult our job for qualification is now:The next game is home against the 1st of the group,Argentina.Then we have an away match against Peru who play all their hopes for qualification.Then an other derby against strong Uruguay,home.After this we play at Paraguay who is in the second place of the group.What do you think?Will Chile keep alive the dream of the World Cup?

[Edited by SaZa on 14-10-2000 at 18:20]
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2000, 19:22
Rising Star

It sad to see at team like Chile screw up it's qualifying. Chile has great players but in my opinion they lack determination,(they play like kids) the only player that give it's heart is Zamorano. Acosta is a punk, he always say that he is the most prolific coach chile could have, but in my opinion are the players who have achived everything. IF we had a better coach things will be different, (I wonder where is CANTATORE can somebody tell me, last time I;ve heard from him, he coached in portugal, I just remember he was great.?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in