some more predictions!!!!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2000, 14:58
ANELKA

what are the upcoming matches and who do you think will win???
i am talking about WCQ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2000, 00:56
I Need More Cowbell!
International

This upcoming Saturday and Sunday (October 7th and 8th)

These are the matches:

Uruguay vs Argentuna (at Buenos Aires, ARG)
Chile vs Ecuador (at Quito, ECU)
Brazil vs Venezuela (at San Cristobal, VEN)
Peru vs Bolivia (at La Paz, BOL)
Paraguay vs Colombia (at Bogota, COL)

My predictions:

Argentina 3
Uruguay 0

Comments: Batistuta is back!, need I say more?

Ecuador 1
Chile 2

Comments: Chile has just won the Bronze and the momentum will carry on to this game.

Venezuela 1
Brazil 4

Comments: Venezuela is no match for Brazil, although Brazil is going through their biggest crisis in history.

Bolivia 1
Peru 1

Comments: Both teams are in desperate need of a win, Peru is the better team, but in the altitude, they'll only manage to get 1 point.

Paraguay 1
Colombia 1

Comments: Colombia has a great defense but a very poor offense. Paraguay doesnt care where they play, they always play to win but this time theyll get a prcious point in Bogota.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2000, 17:11
ANELKA

My predictions:

Argentina 2
Uruguay 1

Comments: With montero out uruguays defence will be fragile.

Ecuador 1
Chile 2

Comments: Chile in good form

Venezuela 0
Brazil 4

Comments: romario-ronaldinho awesome partnerhip 2 each..

Bolivia 1
Peru 1

Comments:No comments.

Paraguay 1
Colombia 1

Comments: No comments.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2000, 11:40
Premier Player

And my predictions:

ARGENTINA-URUGUAY 3-1
One of the clssical south american matches.As Batistuta is back and Montero(probably and Dario Silva)are out i see win for the homers.

ECUADOR-CHILE 1-2
Zamorano is in a great form and all Chileans are thirsty for this big away win.In the other side Ecuador is unbeatable in his home and they want to continue with this...

VENEZUELA-BRAZIL 2-1
I'm not crazy!!Just think what will happen if this (surprise is not enough to explain it)will happen!Of course it will be something like a fight between a lion and and a mouse as the diffence on strenght between these two teams is...
But who knows...the possibilties for something like that is 1 out of 1.000 but if this 1 come true?

BOLIVIA-PERU 2-1
Both teams are in a difficullt position so if they want to be near the five first positions they must do something good in this game.Bolivians seem strong in their home...

COLOMBIA-PARAGUAY 1-1
Both teams are very strong in their defense.Oscar and Ivan Cordoba and Yepes for Colombia,Chilavert,Gamarra and Ayala for Paraguay inspire confidence to their teams.I see that Paraguayans can take one point.

[Edited by SaZa on 01-10-2000 at 12:43]
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2000, 01:02
Star Player

Teams: Chile and Lazio
My predictions.....

Argentina 2
Uruguay 1

Argentina will be at home and I think that that will scrape them through. Crespo is injured, Lopez is out of form and Batigol doesn't seem himself either lately.

Ecuador 0
Chile 3

Mmmmm yeah the altitude....Chile are desperate, Acosta is desperate!! Bam Bam + Salas is big heart....I'm also expecting a big performance from Tello, Pizzaro and Reyes after their Olympics.

Venezuela 0
Brazil 2

The home advantage will save Venezuela from a worse defeat. The new coach will slow Brazil down a bit...GO ROMARIO!

Bolivia 1
Peru 1

Bolivia will take Peru out of the tournament with a home scrappy draw. Peru also have a new coach.

Paraguay 1
Colombia 1

I'm kinda praying for this result

FORZALAZIO!

VIVACHILE!

FORZALAZIO!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2000, 20:04
Rising Star

Argentina 1
Uruguay 1

Sensini and Veron (both injured in yesterday's match) won't play in the Uruguay match, Batistuta, Aimar are also very doubtful for this match because they haven't recovered 100% yet from their injuries. Crespo, Zanetti, Almeyda are all injured and won't play either. Burgos will be the goalkeeper (Bonano has 2 yellow cards and can't play) but he hasn't played in almost a year, so don't know how he will play. Ortega is also injured and won't play. El Piojo Lopez is out of form, so all of this circumstances plus all the injured players from Uruguay (Especially Montero and Dario Silva) even though Uruguay will play with Recoba and Abreu, the final result could be a draw.Ecuador 0
Chile 2

The altitude won't stop Zamorano, Salas, Tello, Pizzaro and all the team from winning this match many of them coming after their great performance at the Olympics.Venezuela 1
Brazil 3

Playing at home might help Venezuela score, perhaps once, but Brazil will play with Romario, so that will help Brazil win.Bolivia 1
Peru 1

I predict a draw for this match but it could also end Bolivia winning by 1-0 or a 0-0 draw.Colombia 1
Paraguay 1Another match that could end up in a draw or maybe Colombia winning 1-0.

[Edited by buggo on 02-10-2000 at 21:34]
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2000, 22:53
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Since we're talking about injuries ( buggo) let's talk about Salas. the Chilean striker will not play against Ecuador this upcoming sunday. Salas sufferred a knee injury this past sunday on the Lazio/Atalanta game. "El Matador" will not even fly to Quito acordind to Lazio representatives.

Marcelo will probably be replaced by Reynaldo Navia (Santiago Wnderers) who had a great preformance in the Olympics playing along side Zamorano. Another probable replacement would be Claudio Nuńez (Tigres, MEX) who's back from knee surgery and Sebastian Rozental (Independiente, ARG).

Nelson Acosta said that he will play with a team "based" on his Olympic meadal winners (I'm not sure what he means by that).

Another Chilean who will be missing out is Pedro Reyes who has two yellow cards.

These are two HUGE absenses in the Chilean National Team.

PS - I'm not so sure about Chile winning in Ecuador now that I hear this.

PPS - Buggo, Argentina will still come out with a positive result, remember that we will be playing in "El Monumental", where we never lose.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2000, 00:45
Rising Star

Yeah, I just read that Salas has a knee injury and will have to rest 3-4 weeks.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2000, 06:52
Star Player

Well yeah Navia scored 4 goals in the Olympics (1 penalty) but he didn't relly look threatning. One goal was great, the winner against Spain but the rest ehhhh not too convincing. But I guess scoring is the main thing. Also what the hell happened to Tapia!! Some said he might even be back for the Spain game, but the oly 2 times I saw him where when he was celebrating after Chile scored against Camroon and in his hotel window. Hilton Melbourne

About Salas, I'm sure he will play!! In the game he played the full 90 mins. He stayed with the team for one extra day because of his knee but he is a fighter and I'm sure he will play!!

Reyes is ireplacable but we will manage.

I say anything but a win and Acosta can join Luxembourgo!!

I'm pretty sure Veron and Sensini will fly out to Argentina. They just needed one days rest like Salas!! Whether they play or not is a different matter!!

FORZALAZIO!

VIVACHILE!

FORZALAZIO!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2000, 16:45
Rising Star

Draw home? dream on...

Argentina 3
Uruguay 2

Argentina has suffered very complicated matches in the last journeys and will face an Uruguayan team with big motivation specially coming from its coach who was sacked from the Argentinian team. Nice match n I think it will be kinda open.

Ecuador 0
Chile 0

Despite Ecuador doesn't seems to be a tough challenge, many doubts are still about the Chilean team playing here, at the maximum level. Its the zero hour for Acosta and with the low morale from losing the gold in the olympics I don't think they can make more than a point.

Venezuela 1
Brazil 4

"Eaten Bread" as we say in Colombia for Romario n his teammates. The sacking of Luxemburgo will motivate him even more. It's hard to think about a higer score in this qualifiers but It's not crazy when having this kind of players against a very weack team like Venezuela.

Bolivia 2
Peru 1

Peru has been very disappointing this season and it doesn't seems to be capable of achieve nothing at La Paz altitude.

Colombia 2
Paraguay 0

Now, the one who said that both teams are poor in the offense is partially right. Paraguay is poor on the offense, but we DON'T. Angel is on fire and I already show you the proof, and now we will have Victor Bonilla who is playing in France and started the season scoring goals for his team too. So I predict they both gonna score. I din't saw it, but press releases said that in our last home match the team did it pretty well on the offense so it looks that we are finally finding our way of playing and going straight to the top. And of course, as I can notice here, awakening the envy from others.

Go COLOMBIA!!!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2000, 19:30
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Magapolemico, I hate to disagree with you... again. Colombia has not scored more than 1 goal in any of their matches! What makes you think they'll score 2 this time around? Sure Angel is having a great season in River but Colombia is no River Plate. Angel has not shown anything at international level and against Paraguay he will be a non factor.

Paraguay on the other hand has done almost everything right (except for the loss in Chile) They beat Brazil, tied Argentina in Buenos Aires (something Colombia couldnt do at home) and have taken care of the others. Chilavert is an excellent keeper, playing along with an excellent defence.
All in all the game will be a tie.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2000, 19:36
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Matador, I hate to burst your bubble but Salas is out 3-4 weeks with a knee injury and I repeat, he won't even make the trip!

PS - Veron and Sensini will not make the trip either.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2000, 20:23
I Need More Cowbell!
International

I'm so confused. Now I read that Acosta has included Salas despite the injury and says that he will give him a phone call to see how he feels. Waht the hell? Acording to Lazio, Salas will be out 3-4 weeks but Acosta is confident that Salas will play this Sunday. Could it be that Lazio doesn't want to lend Salas to his national team duties? Anyway, here's Acosta's list:

Keepers: Nelson Tapia and Marcelo Ramírez; Defenders: Pablo Contreras, Ronald Fuentes, Jorge Vargas, Rafael Olarra, Cristián Alvarez, and Moisés Villarroel; Midfielders: Rodrigo Tello, Claudio Maldonado, Pablo Galdames, Patricio Ormazábal, David Pizarro, Fabián Estay and Esteban Valencia; Forwards: Iván Zamorano, Marcelo Salas, Claudio Núńez, Sebastián Rozental and Reinaldo Navia.

Acosta did call 5 forwards so its not certain that Salas will play or make the trip for that matter.

[Edited by Loco_Poom on 03-10-2000 at 21:29]

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2000, 01:35
Rising Star

I don't understand your logic to measure who is doing things right and who don't. If Paraguay have done better than us, why in the world do think we are in the second spot and they're on fifth???.

U forget that Paraguay lost in Peru and we won, u said also that Paraguay loss in Chile well, guess what: we beat them.

U can't condemn us for the "sin" of losing home against Argentina. U think that u r the best in the world right now, don't u???, so isn't it normal to lose against u then???. Give Angel a breack. I don't understand your attitude toward him while being a River Plate supporter. U owe this guy many happy moments, don't forget it.

As I said before, we are finally finding OUR GAME, OUR STYLE, the team is consolidating and gaining strenght. So I don't think its a hard task to score two goals against Paraguay nor anybody else right now. So don't be amazed when we do it
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2000, 07:02
Star Player

Well the reason I can't see Salas' injurie being too seriuos is because he pleyd till the end of the game! I can't see why Lazio wouln't want to release him since he wont play tthe next game but he will be on the stand since Lazio will already have 3 non EU players, Crespo, Veron, Stankovic!

I never read the news about Salas out for 3-4 weeks just that he was going to delay his trip to Chile!

FORZALAZIO!

VIVACHILE!

FORZALAZIO!
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2000, 18:21
Rising Star

Colombia 1: Paraguay 0

Bolivia 1: Peru 1

Ecuador 1: Chile 1

Venezuela 0: Brazil 3

Argentina 2: Uruguay 0

[Edited by Cyborg on 06-10-2000 at 19:26]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in