Chile pounds Nigeria and moves on to semis - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2000, 13:08 Thread Starter
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Woooooooo hoooooooo!!!!!!

Chile kills Nigeria 4-1 with goals by Contreras, Zamorano, Navia and Tello and they move on to Semi-Finals.

It was great! I went to a Chilean restaurant with a few friends here in Los Angeles to watch the game, I payed $15 dollars but it didnt matter beacuse it was full of Chileans singing and cheering their team on. Everyone jumped off their seats when Chile scored first and we did the same after Chile's 2nd goal (which was very soon after the 1st) It was like being in Australia live. The game started at 2 AM PST 8 PM Australia Time, but it didnt matter. Everything was going swell up until we got the news that Brazil had tied their game 1-1 on injury time, it was sort of a bitter sweet victory, so I though. I get in the car, turn on the radio and tune in to hear that Brazil was very close to scoring and win. I get home tune in again (around 4 AM PST) and I hear that cameroon was playing with 9 players (they had 2 ejections) but after a counter attack on the 22nd minute of extra time Cameroon scores and wins the game. That made my night.

Chile will play against Cameroon in the semis (not Brazil ) and they will probably win. I'll be there at 2 AM cheering and singing Chile on to a victory!

I thought nothing could get better but now I hear on my radio that the US beat Japan on penalties 5-4 (2-2 on after OT)

I love the Olympics!!!!1

PS- Spain beat Italy 1-0

Semis

Tuesday 8 PM (australia time) (2 AM Los Angeles time)

Chile vs Cameroon

Spain vs USA

[Edited by Loco_Poom on 23-09-2000 at 22:24]

Hurrah for Paquador!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2000, 16:13
Rising Star

Congrats, Chile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2000, 02:26
Star Player

Teams: Chile and Lazio
Well here is our chance to finally win a gold medal!!!! And wouldn't it just be great if we have 1 gold medal in our history and it being in the soccer

I think that Cameroon wont really test us when we are in our home ground Melbourne!! The atmosphere is unbelievable there!! And believe me Loco nomatter how good your restaurant was it cant be as good of the MCG full of Chileas

I was unfortunately watching Spain vs Italy since I live in Syndey!! But at least Chile will play one last game in Sydney

FORZALAZIO!

CHI-CHI-CHI LE-LE-LE VIVA CHILE!

FORZALAZIO!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2000, 12:17
Premier Player

Golden medal is some days away!!!
FORZA CHILE
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2000, 23:10
Rising Star

I NEED HELP

My Cilenos brothers, Please help me and tell me in what american channel will the game be show, I go to college and I don't have cable >but NBC and ABC I can get, I also may be able to get espn but not sure, please give me an anwser as soon as soon as monday, because I go to college and don;t have time to check this forum, I really want to watch the cameroon Chile game ,, I live in Nebraska, I will probably not sleep, I got class tuesday at 8 am, Please anwser,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Vamos chilenos tenemos que ganar ,, si ganamos a Cameroon el resto es papa,,,,,,,

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2000, 23:55 Thread Starter
I Need More Cowbell!
International

The game will not be shown on NBC nor ABC and much less ESPN. NBC only cares about the games that the US plays in and not any other wether is a medal game or not. The only way to see the game is if you can find a Chilean (lationo) restaurant or sportsbar over there in Nebraska (which I doubt there are any). Your second option is to listen to the game on the radio, "Radio Unica" will broadcast the Chile/Camerron game at 5AM EST/2AM PST.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2000, 18:03
Mrz Nesta

If you don't find it anywhere you can alwayas listen to the game on the internet with many other CHILENOS!!!
you can go to http://www.futbolchileno.com
at lot chilenos are there everytime there is a game. Transmition starts 30minutes before the game.
If you don't wanna go there...you can go to a more boring part and with no voive chat...
http://www.cooperativa.cl

VAMOS CHILE MIERDA!!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2000, 19:49
Rising Star

Hey Thanks guys, but I guess I will have to listen to the game on the internet, man! I will have to take a nap in the day, and later in the night support my homeboys, that are kicking some ass in Australia, man! I so happy I hope CHILITO wins......cameroo 1 chile 3 my guess, I will pray for that,,,,,

VIVA CHILE MIERDA>>>
VAMOS BAM BAM< TELLO Y PIZARRO < NAVIA GET A PIECE OF THAT TOO<< THE WHOLE TEAM RULES <<<<< YEAH BABY WE WILL GET IT::::

GOLD CHILE GOLD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in