Angel blasting the net with River (ESP) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2000, 19:28 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Over rated who?
Argentina. Angel y Palermo líderes de goleo

Buenos Aires, 17 Sep. (SportsYA!).- El colombiano Juan Pablo Angel de River Plate y el argentino Martín Palermo de Boca Juniors, que anotaron un gol cada uno en la séptima fecha disputada este domingo, lideran la tabla de posiciones del torneo Apertura del fútbol argentino con 7 goles.
El uruguayo Sebastián Abreu de San Lorenzo marcha en tercer lugar con 6 goles.

Lista de los principales goleadores:

Con 7 goles:

Juan Pablo Angel (River Plate)
Martín Palermo (Boca Juniors)

Con 6 goles:

Sebastián Abreu (San Lorenzo)

Con 5 goles:

Diego Klimowicz (Lanús)
Bernardo Romeo (San Lorenzo)
Facundo Sava (Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata)

Con 4 goles:
Claudio Graf (Colón de Santa Fe)
Ariel Pereyra (Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata)
Sebastián Morquio (Huracán)

Con 3 goles:

Antonio Barijho (Boca Juniors)
Oscar Monje (Los Andes)

Fuente EFE
mkr/.

I definitively believe that Angel is gonna do as good as other south American top strykers in Europe. I'm looking forward to see him on a big side.
megapolemico a.k.a. scorer standings don't lie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2000, 14:56
ANELKA

angel is really a very good striker.
IMO better than saviola(overrated idiot).he might be on his way to parma during december.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2000, 06:58
Star Player

Anelka you are the idiot! saviola is turning 19...angel is like 24 or 25years old. How stupid can you be?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2000, 15:04
ANELKA

who is talking about the age.
at the moment angel is better than saviola.
might be later saviola might becoma a great striker (and so will angel)and be better than angel but at the moment angel is better than saviola.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2000, 02:27
Rising Star

Angel is turning 25 soon while Saviola is turning 19 soon, you can't compare them, of course the 25 year old is more experienced and better than the 19 year old, doh! It is like saying that Zidane or Rivaldo are better than Aimar! Doh! Of course they are better than Aimar because they are much older and much more experienced than Aimar! You can't compare Zidane/Rivaldo with Aimar like you can't compare Saviola with Angel! Not yet...

[Edited by Cyborg on 06-10-2000 at 03:33]
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2000, 05:47
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Let me tell you something, I love my River Plate, and JP Angel plays for for my beloved team BUT I don't think he's a World Class striker. Sure Angel has all those goals, but then again he plays in front of Ortega and Aimar who are World Class athletes.

A couple of years ago, the striker partnership used to be lethal. Enzo Francescolli and Marcelo Salas, now that was a 1-2 punch. Even before Salas we had Crespo (THE most expensive striker in the world) you can't compare Angel to these mentioned before. With those guys we won just about every tournament and with Angel only back-to-back championships, simply not enough. We are the dream team! we are solid in every position, (sepcially Aimar's and Saviola's) SO LET"S PLAY LIKE IT!

Right now MY beloved dream team is in 2nd place, (behind Boca) that's just not enough, 1st place is everything.

PS - Saviola is almost 19 and he's just great. Salas was 22 and Crespo was even younger when they won everything.

PPS - At age 25 YOU BETTER preform well, or else....

Hurrah for Paquador!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in