CHILE! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2000, 13:22 Thread Starter
International

Teams: Manchested United
On the day i booked my tickets I was taking a chance at which game it would be, I marked the Thursday the 14th of september box and woke up in delight when my tickets were delivered and i found out i had chile..

So with 5 other friends we ventured to the G on the train hoping to be a part of the olympic spirit. As the womans game kicked off we caught the first glimpses of the chilean fans entering my beloved stadium....As the first goal was scored for the USA one section of chilean fans was filling quickly and by the end of the game there were 3 seperate factions of passionate pleading chileans. I was fortunate enough to be placed right in the middle of one group of fanatical fans in the southern stand on a 45 degree angle to the goals.......There were 3 groups in all, there was one on the 2nd level of the stand, 1 in the middle and on the group, and then another behind the goals on the floor...This combined to give the ground which was fairly bare a atmospheere much like the Footy games or an EPL game....or even a german game where they have those HUGE flags and light heaps of fires...

As the game came to a start with the players warming up I decided to put a wager on Bam Bam and bet 20 bucks (australian dollars) that zama would score a hatrick...the reason it was 20 was cos The tickets we had were the standard 20 dollar tickets.....

The game finally kicked off and the stadium was buzzing, there was one group of moroccon fans and were unluckily placed right in front of the most fanatical group of chileans ive ever witnessed...for the first 20 minutes they were buzzing, singing dancing, calling their chants...I even learnt one...went something like CHI....CHI...LE....LE
chi chi chi...la la la Viva CHILE!!!

one funny thing we saw was the bandwagon fans that sat with the chileans and joined in on their glory...supporting and cheering is one thing...but pretending to be chilean ( like one red head guy with a kanagroos flag we saw) is almost sacriligous.....

well Bam Bam scored the first goal, a well set up header, The place which had gone quiet for about 15 seconds was back into action....the drums were loud and the chants sung harder and with more meaning...OLE OLE OLE OLE...CHILE..CHILE!!

More goals were to follow with a penalty and the third by BAM BAM and it was 3-0 at the break?? actually..i think it was 2-0 at the break....well anyway!! chile really were rampaging...But to be fair the moroccons were great against the odds...they had a man sent off after 6 minutes for a crude tackle but still got on top....My friend ( who i talk about to el matado..the one who is in the Joeys squad calling micky ) was a ball boy for the game as he is with all melbourne games and he said that it was one of the worst tackles he has ever seen ..cos he was right there.

but chile were always going to get on top and id like to pay a special mention to number 8 who was something special, he looked about 5 and prolly was 3 foot nothing yet was great on the ball ( El has just told me his name but ive forgotten it already)....as well as number 6 from morocco whose name was too frikken long and too frikken rediculous...

But as the 4th goal went in and the chileans took full control the game was torn apart, many a new skills were shown and we truly saw the south american side of their game of delicate passing and timely flicks and farts..

There isnt much more to saY except for how fun it was, unfortunatly EL couldnt be there..but hope u have a good time on sunday or whenever...

ONE LAST THING: guys if u are going to the game, make sure u dont take a soccer ball or u havea good tree near by!

I took my ball but they wouldnt let us take it in so i had to climb a tree and then hide it up there!!!!
WHATTA GAME!!

Narny/Beechy - Love talking, listening to opinions and sharing this great game we call football.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in