Salas won'y play first CL game - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2000, 04:51 Thread Starter
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Marcelo Salas did not travel along with his teamates to the Ukraine where the Roman squad will play against Shakthar Donetsk on its first game of the Champions League. Salas supposesly has a back injury but sources say that he had a meeting with Real Madrid representatives. Salas was not called for last Fridays game and Eriksson did not call him either for Lazio's upcoming game despite Crespo's absense due to injury. Since Salas has not played in this year's CL, its likly that he would join Real Madrid in the prompt hours because he is eligible to play in the tournament (with Real Madrid) since he has not done so with Lazio, yet.

Other teams interested are Inter and Milan but a tranfer to those teams is unlikely because they are the league's main contenders for a scudetto. Salas' tranfer would be for about $35 US.

Salas has denied everything (they all do) and said that he love to stay in Rome and in Italy for another 2 years.

I hope he goes to Real Madrid.

Hurrah for Paquador!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2000, 09:10
Premier Player

I hope to see Salas playing,wherever.It's so nice to see such a worldclass player playing on the field.

I hoped that he would play today but...
This fact maybe means that something is going on...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2000, 12:16
Star Player

Teams: Chile and Lazio
Well I thought that the injurie was fake, and he was left out of the team so that he could still play for Real Madrid if he were transfered.

But the Spanish transfer window is closed and he can't be sold to Madrid till December, by then Morientes would be back so I dont think he will go to Madrid!!

I wouldn't mind if Salas went to Madird though

Salas is going to be wasted in Lazio this season since he is the 4th non EU player

FORZALAZIO!

FORZALAZIO!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in