Zamorano's days in Italy are numbered.... - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2000, 04:35 Thread Starter
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Lippi's anouncement that he will only consider Vieri, Keane, recoba and Sukur for the upcoming season has made it clear that Zamorano will leave Inter sooner than expected. His situation has been made even more dificult by the arrival of Vampeta and the face tha Inter did not qualify for the Champions league.

Its being said that Inter would grant Zamorano free agency on December leaving him with two options, sign with another Italian club (higjhly unlikely) or return to his native Chile where he would then join Chilean titans, Colo-Colo.

I think he shoulve gont back to Spain when he was offered to do so by a number of teams.

Hurrah for Paquador!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2000, 09:02
Premier Player

And all these because he is 33.Are Keane,Sukur,Recoba better than him?No.But the age you see...
A player in his 33 is not off.Zamorano can have two more years of good football.Then he could return to Chile...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2000, 12:09
Star Player

Teams: Chile and Lazio
He should have stayed at Madrid. He was the king there, and the league suited him.

I say who cares, its Inters problem. I think this is better for Chile

FORZALAZIO!

FORZALAZIO!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2000, 15:51
Mrz Nesta

I think it's really sad that Inter won't need Zamorano this season and it's mostly because of his age, witch I think is really stupid. I don't think that he should go back to spain. You don't play in Italy so that you later on can go and play in Spain. It's the other way around. You play in Spain or in any other European league first and then you go to Italy. To play in Italy is the higgest you can come.
ON the other hand maybe it's good that he leaves Italy, specially for Colo Colo, but he has said many times that he will only play in Colo Colo when they clear up their financial problems. Hopefully he won't care and play anyway..
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2000, 21:41 Thread Starter
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Zamorano will not play for Colo Colo anytime soon, they have no money and the players are about to go on strike because of that. Bam Bam would want no part of that.

PS - Reggina is interested in Zamorano

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2000, 10:05
Mrz Nesta

Loco_Poom..everybody knows that.
And I think that's better that he plays in Colo Colo when he can no longer play for any other team so that he can say good bye to football palying with Colo Colo.
And then I would like to see him as the head coach of Chile's national team.

Don't any if you guys want that?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2000, 12:35
Premier Player

Yep,it's great to have Zamorano near and active(as a coach) in the national team in the future.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2000, 19:52
Rising Star

Latest releases said that he may sign for Gremio Porto Alegre.

n I think Recoba is actually better than Zamorano. I also like that Keane boy.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2000, 01:17
Star Player

Teams: Chile and Lazio
Well If anyone could help Colo Colos financial problems it would be BamBam. He could bring in the results and the fans

He would be welcome by me at Lazio for 6 months

FORZALAZIO!

FORZALAZIO!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2000, 19:58
Premier Player

Megapolemico,will Recoba and Keane do what Zamorano did in his carreer?...I think it's a bit difficult...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2000, 14:51
ANELKA

both keane and recoba can aacieve different heights.but not at inter.recoba is an exceptional talent and is being underused by lippi.he has been thir best player of the season by far.
keane has shown that he can succeed in italy by scring consistently.what bugs me is that hakan sukur has been chosen ahead of zamarano.hakan has failed to even get a short on taget leva alone a goal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in