Chile

the others?

...they just don't exist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2000, 23:27
Premier Player

But you wrote six!

I don't think that the other teams don't exist.All S.A. teams are generally in the same level(except maybe Venezuela).
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2000, 03:04
Star Player

Teams: Chile and Lazio
Hehehe SAZA think a little more
These 6 teams will make up the top 5 with hopefully Paraguay missing out!!
You could add Peru and Ecuador but I really can't see them matching the top 6!! Bolivia are good at home but suck like sh*t away. Ecuador are similar but a bit better away from home!!

FORZALAZIO!

FORZALAZIO!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2000, 05:19
I Need More Cowbell!
International

All South American teams on the same level? I THINK NOT!
Brazil the same as Bolivia? I've must have dreamt about that 5-0 slaughter. Argentina the same as Chile? I've also must have dreamt about that 4-1 slaughter. Ecuador sucks and so does Peru, Colombia is the luckiest team right now (sometimes its better to be lucky than good, Colombia's case) and Venezuela is a joke of a team (although I truely belive that if Venezuela joined CONCACAF they would be a shoe-in fo Japan/Korea)

PS - JP Angel is over rated.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2000, 09:57
Premier Player

OK,lets say that Brazil and Argentina aren't in the same level with the others.The other 7 teams are.Ecuador doesn't suck,they play very good offensive football.Peru is just unlucky,they don't play magic football but they aren't bad.They lost 0-1 from Colombia while all the time they were in the offense.About Bolivia ask the Argentinians how easy opponents they are.And the 4-1 against Chile doesn't mean anything...we won Brazil 3-0 so we are better than Brazil!About Venezuela i think that if they were in an other confederation(except Europe)they would have some hopes to qualify for the WC.

Venezuela isn't the worst South American team.Just think if Guyana and Surinam were in the CONMEBOL!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2000, 20:34
SoccrKryptonite

Now we're lucky, yeah right...

Oh C'mon Loco give us a breack!!

So we beat Chile and Peru away and Uruguay at home 'cause we are lucky, do you REALLY think is that simple??

Do you REALLY think luck is all that keep us in the 2nd place in South America today???

Do you REALLY think that any team can have such a good results in soccer by just having luck???

then, shame on U. And yes, you ARE crazy.

But U got a point, not all are on the same level. Good teams achieve good results and go to the world cups. Such as we do, and is not the case of others like Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia or OH YES! since a long-time the "big team" of Uruguay.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2000, 21:52
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Listen Megapolemico, or whatever you call yourself these days, if you think you weren't lucky against Peru and Chile, then you're the one who's crazy.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2000, 19:27
Rising Star

But Colombia is not only lucky they also have a solid defense, that is their best asset.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2000, 09:20
Rising Star

Teams: River Plate & any team Ronaldo plays for
I'm chilean and i don't think colombia is lucky. they have a very sold squad. one of the best goalkeepers out-there.
Their defense is solid wih yepes,cordoba, bermudez. their midfield could be better but is not bad with bolano(parma)
and sanchez(cruzeiro).and their strike force is pretty good with Angel and castillo or ricard. they also have one of the best if not the best prospect in the world Johnnier montano who is ony 16 or 17 and plays for parma first squad.
you have to be good to be lucky.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2000, 09:38
Premier Player

Are you really Chilean?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2000, 21:10
Rising Star

Bermudez is not in the Colombian squad anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in