Chile-Colombia 0-1 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2000, 09:52 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I don't believe that we lost.I thought that at least the draw was for sure but...Colombians played as expected:defensive.In the first half they had two good chances but Chileans had more.In the second...what to say?We were all the time in the offense but one mistake of the defence gave the opportunity to Angel to pass the ball to Castillio and he equalised with an unbelievable challenge.Really unbelievable.It was a beautiful bicycle kick that duped Nelson Tapia.The 70,000 Chileans that were in the stands froze.Marcelo Salas tried a lot but he couldn't be one team alone.Also Esteban Valencia who came as a sub had two very good shots but Oscar Cordoba was unbeatable.He was the best player of the game...

[Edited by SaZa on 03-09-2000 at 11:00]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2000, 12:40
Star Player

Teams: Chile and Lazio
I hate Cordoba

FORZALAZIO!

FORZALAZIO!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2000, 18:42
Mrz Nesta

I'm so pissed off!!!
I can't believe we lost...or..no, wait, i actually can believe since we played like kindergarden children. We played so bad last night!! Chile wasn't even a shadow of what we were against Brazil.
I hate Galdames!!! And Acosta..come on! What kind of changes are those...take out Sierra?? Why?!! We was one of the few that were actually doing something in the midfield.
My brother was at the game and he said that everybody just wanted to storm the field and kick Acosta's ass!! Specially after the changes he did...

I Hate Castilla! !!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2000, 19:45 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Yep,Acosta's two subs were not correct.Estay must have stayed on the field as he is the brain of Chile.

For me the best players in this game were Fr.Rojas and M.Salas but all of them weren't as good as i expected after the 3-0 win against Brazil.They were a different team!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2000, 10:01
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Mrz nesta, did you watch the same game that I did? Acosta should have never called Sierra to the team in the first place! Sierra sucks! he's slow, clumsy and incosistant...he plays like a girl!

What was Acosta thinking when he put Valancia in! Rozental was the answer. Francisco rojas is a joke of a player, he should never wear the NT jersey ever againn in his life!

Acosta should be fired, he's a disgrace to the team. Acosta is an idiot! Zamorano should be player coach...wait a minute, HE IS A PLAYER COACH. Acosta is a pansy and should go back to Uruguay and stick his "Mate straw" up you know where.

Colombia had 8 people defending all throughout the game and on the only chance they had, they scored. That's smart football. On the other hand Chile didnt do jack! and thats that. I cant belive they are still in 6th place with a concrete chance on going to the WC as a 5th qualifyer.

Chile does not deserve a berth to the WC, I much rather see Ecuador or Peru in Japan.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2000, 11:58 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Come on Loco_Poom.I know that you are a bit angry about this lost but don't be so hard with Chile.We will go to the WC!
Also are you talking about Fransisco Rojas or someone else?
He isn't a joke,he was the BEST in this game among with Salas.He did very good job from the right...but you are talking about the goal.Ok,he did a big mistake.At least he must have done foul to Angel and stop their attack.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2000, 19:41
Mrz Nesta

Loco_Poom...are you sane?! yeah we watched the same game, but woth diferent eyes...
I mean...Sierra may not be the besta player that Chile has, but he was sure as hell one of the best in the field on Saturday, at least he could keep the boll a few minutes, before stupid Galdames would take it and give it to the colombians.

And you are wrong, Rozental is NOT the answer. Not to anything, my grandma' plays better than him.
Francisco Rojas is NOT a joke . He is el Murcielago!!!
He was the only one that was awake on saturday. He is a very good player, maybe he's getting a bit old, but who isn't in our National Team?!

But you are right about one thing. Zamorano being the Player Coach. Everybody knows that Zamorano makes the team for Acosta. He is the one that tells him what to do, but still somehow he manages to make it a bad team.

I hope, as a true chilean that we can make it to the WC 2002, but a have some problem believing it.
And unlike you, I would die if a saw Peru at the WC, they are our worst enemies (maybe after Argentina)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2000, 19:57
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Maybe you're right, Fransisco "el murci" Rojas was SO AWAKE as you say, maybe it was another #4 who let Angel right past him on the side and maybe it was another #4 who let Angel cross that ball that eneded up in the Chilean net.
Maybe you're right, I think it was another "murcielago" whose passes were so inaccurate, maybe it was another #4 who didnt know what he was doing on the right wing.

Rojas does not deserve to wear "la roja"!!!!!!!!

And Sierra does play like a girl and another thing about that balding fool, he should learn how to use his right leg for a change, that "Zurda" of his aint doing the trick!

As far as Rozental goes, he's a much better player than Valencia. I dont know why the hell he was called up buy that jerk Acosta. Valencia is a midget with no skills, he couldnt even make it in the greek league for Pete's sake!

Fire Acosta!!!

Hurrah for Paquador!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in