Who do you feel is the third striker for Chile? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2000, 02:55
laroja

The media has put Hector Tapia as third and Rozental as fourth. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2000, 03:02
laroja

I forgot to put my opinion. I think Hector is more consistent and less averse to injury however, I think that seba has the potential of becoming a world class stricker. He has a natural talent of scoring unbelievably nice goals. Kind of like the Cazeli days. I will have to go with Sebas as our third attacker. Do you guys remember Rodrigo Goldberg(el polaco)? He was a great little player. I don't know if he's still in Israel or not. Its too bad that we didn't use him to his potential. I had the pleasure of watching Salas, Rozental, Goldberg, Huevo Valencia play in Canada.

Let me know chilenos
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2000, 07:13
Star Player

Teams: Chile and Lazio
Well if Seba hadn't have been injured, I think that he very well could have been a starter now alongside Salas, and BamBam could have retired!!

For now I will go for Tapia since hes in great form, but hopefully Seba fulfills his potential and replaces BamBam totally after wc2002

FORZALAZIO!

FORZALAZIO!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2000, 08:33
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Sebastian Rozental was simply amazing at age 19. Back then he shocked everyone at Universidad Catolica and the rest of the country. He was amazing in the 95 U-20 WC qualifyers and great in the Libertadores cup, where "la UC" came in 2nd, again.

Its too bad that Rozental went to play in Scotland where they almost killed him. If he would'e stayed in Chile or maybe play in Argentina, he would be a world class player right now.

To me Rozental is a great player but I do think he has to overcome his weigh problem. I hope he does great at Independiente and that he may be as great as he once was.

Hector Tapia is a quality player but I do like Rozi better and I also like Claudio "el diablo" Nuńez better than I like Tapia, maybe is because I hate Colo-Colo or maybe its because I just cant swallow him so to speak.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2000, 11:50
Premier Player

If you asked this question before a month my answer would be Sebastian Rozental.But now it seems that Hector Urdile Tapia is the third...He is very good and i see him as the future offensive couple with Marcelo Salas.This will happen of course after the WC 2002.Until then we will have in our team Ivan Zamorano.

Finally who will play in the Olympics?El matador or Bam Bam?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2000, 18:07
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Zamorano will captain the olympic team

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2000, 22:08
Premier Player

GO Zamorano GO!
I hope and believe that Chile will do very well in Olympics!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2000, 11:27
Mrz Nesta

I really don't like Rozental. He is way to selfish in some situations and he has been injured to long.
I think that he was a very good player, but somehow he lost many of his qualities during the times he didn't play.
I don't think that he has the qualities to become as good as BamBam and there is no way he will take BamBam's position as captain when he leaves La Roja.
And then BamBam's dream will come true and he will play in the best team in Chile...COLO COLO

So, I really think that Tapia should be the third player. Even though I think that Neira is better, but since he has had very bad luck with a knee injury he does not play in the national team any more.

If some of you have seen the games that Tapia has played in then you would probably notice that he has played much better then Rozental in the games he has played in.

I believe that the Olympic Team will do very well, if they play as good as they did in the preolympics.

Loco_Poom ...
WHY DO YOU HATE THE BEST TEAM IN CHILE???!!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2000, 18:35
I Need More Cowbell!
International

I dont know, I just don't like colo colo. They are certainly not the best team in Chile right now, I can guarantee it.
Does La U ring a bell?

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2000, 19:19
Mrz Nesta

Yeah I've heard of La U
I hate them with all my heart!!!

WHY?!

If you know so much about chilean football you should know that Colo Colo IS the BEST team in our football's history
Did you know that it took La U 25 years (!!!) to win a title again??
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2000, 20:04
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Yes I did know that, as a matter of fact Salas was in that back to back championship team, '94 & '95. I also know that they are the defending champions and I also know that they won the apertura and that they are currently on top, while Colo-Colo didn't even qualify to the Libertadoders cup finishing 4th behind U de Chile, U Catolica and Cobreloa.

I know that Colo-Colo has like 24 championships and that they won the Libertadores Cup in '91 (only Chilean tam to do so) but times change and before you know it Universidad Catolica will end up in first place and not second for a change (they are always second you know).

I think that "La U" is more appealing to me because of the logo, I mean, a nice little owl with a big U on the chest is looks much nicer that a dirty indian with long napy hair.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2000, 19:04
Mrz Nesta

OK, i know that you did not just insult my Indio!!!
And what is so nice with an ugly owl?! Are you telling me that you only like LA U cuz of the logo?? That's not a very good reason to like a team..and specially if it's a bad team.
Well, I'm not gonna tell you all that I usually tell the ignorant people that like LA U cuz it's just a waste of my time.

But, i do hope that you are right about who wins this year. I would love it "LA CATO" wins, cuz if La U does, i would probably kill myself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in