LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2004, 13:31 Thread Starter
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Day 9 Venezuela Vs Brasil

Will the Llaneros R I S E to the occassion ??? I dont think so

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2004, 10:34 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Venezuela no longer a dead chicken, says Brazil coach

RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept 20 (Reuters) - Brazil coach Carlos Alberto Parreira has praised the improvement shown by next month's World Cup qualifying opponents Venezuela and says they can no longer be considered "a dead chicken".

The world champions play in Maracaibo, where they won 6-0 on their last visit four years ago, on October 9 and will be defending an unbeaten record against Venezuela in full internationals.

But Parreira warned on Monday that Venezuela, who have won three out of eight matches in the 2006 World Cup qualifying competition, are a vastly improved side.

"Without wanting to cause panic, Venezuela have improved a lot, they're not a dead chicken any more," he told the Brazilian Football Confederation's official website.

"It's no longer the Venezuela that would go on to the field, concede six or seven goals and lose easily.

"They're much more confident, much more sure of themselves, they've already won three games in the competition, they've put in some good performances and so we have to take the game seriously," said Parreira.

"If we do that we will bring home three points."

Brazil, who beat Bolivia 3-1 in their last match, lead the South American World Cup qualifying group, which is nearing its halfway stage, with 16 points from eight games.

Venezuela are sixth with 10 points and still have a good chance of qualifying for their first World Cup finals. The top four teams go straight to Germany and the fifth will play off against the winners of the Oceania region.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2004, 10:35 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Brazil squad for W.Cup qualifiers v Venezuela, Colombia

RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept 23 (Reuters) -

Brazil have named the following squad for their World Cup qualifiers away to Venezuela on October 9 and at home to Colombia on October 13:

Goalkeepers: Dida (AC Milan, Italy), Julio Cesar (Flamengo)

Defenders: Cafu (AC Milan, Italy), Maicon (Monaco, France), Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid, Spain), Maxwell (Ajax, Netherlands), Roque Junior (Bayer Leverkusen, Germany), Juan (Bayer Leverkusen, Germany), Lucio (Bayern Munich, Germany), Luisao (Benfica, Portugal), Edmilson (Barcelona, Spain)

Midfielders: Renato (Sevilla, Spain), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal, England), Juninho Pernambucano (Olympique Lyon, France), Edu (Arsenal, England), Ze Roberto (Bayern Munich, Germany), Kaka (AC Milan, Italy), Alex (Fenerbahce, Turkey)

Forwards: Ronaldo (Real Madrid, Spain), Ronaldinho (Barcelona, Spain), Luis Fabiano (Porto, Portugal), Adriano (Inter Milan, Italy)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2004, 21:37 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Venezuela name squad for bid at history against Brazil

CARACAS, Sept 29 (Reuters) -

Venezuela coach Richard Paez believes his side can make history when they face world champions Brazil in next month's World Cup qualifier.

The Red Wines (I Like to call them the VINEGAR !!!!) :dielaugh: have never beaten Brazil in a full international but their recent improvement has made Paez confident they can break their duck.

"When we face Brazil, we're going to play for a historic result which will allow us to prove once more that our football has advanced," Paez told the Venezuelan website La Vinotinto.

On the other hand, Paez said that Venezuela would be doing nothing more than their duty if they beat Ecuador in another home match five days later.

"Against Ecuador, we're going for a result which we're obliged to get," he said.

Paez has overseen a dramatic improvement in Venezuela's fortunes. They have won more World Cup qualifiers during his three years in charge than in the previous 37.

Their results in the 2006 qualifiers include an historic 3-0 demolition of Uruguay in Montevideo earlier this year.

However, Venezuela have lost momentum since that remarkable triumph and have failed to win -- or score -- in their last three qualifiers.

They were also knocked out of the Copa America in Peru last July in the first round after picking up only one point in three games.

Paez has named a 21-man squad for the matches against Brazil in the sweltering oil city of Maracaibo on October 8 and Ecuador in the Andean town of San Cristobal on October 13.

Venezuela are sixth in the 10-nation South American qualifying group with 10 points from eight games.

The top four teams qualify directly for Germany in 2006 while the fifth play off against the Oceania region winners -- either Australia or the Solomon Islands -- for another place.

Swiss-based midfielder Gabriel Urdaneta will miss the Brazil game through suspension while Scottish-based left-back Jonay Hernandez returns after missing this month's match in Paraguay.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Gilberto Angelucci (UA Maracaibo), Rafael Dudamel (Tulua, Colombia)

Defenders: Luis Vallenilla (Olimpo, Argentina), Jorge Rojas (Atletico Nacional, Colombia), Jonay Hernandez (Dundee, Scotland), Jose Manuel Rey (Pontevedra, Spain), Leonel Vielma (Deportivo Cali, Colombia), Alejandro Cichero (Nacional, Uruguay), Andres Rouga (Caracas FC)

Midfielders: Luis Vera (Caracas FC), Leopoldo Jimenez (Once Caldas, Colombia), Andre Gonzalez (UA Maracaibo), Ricardo Paez (America, Colombia), Juan Arango (Real Mallorca, Spain), Hector Gonzalez (Quilmes, Argentina), Cesar Gonzalez (Atletico Huila, Colombia), Gabriel Urdaneta (Young Boys, Switzerland)

Forwards: Massimo Margiotta (Vicenza, Italy), Alexander Rondon (Sao Paulo, Brazil), Ruberth Moran (Bucaramanga, Colombia), Rafael Castellin (Caracas FC).

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2004, 10:42 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Ronaldo hopeful for Brazil, Juan gets vote ahead of Lucio

By Pedro Fonseca

TERESOPOLIS, Brazil, Oct 6 (Reuters)

- Brazil striker Ronaldo is optimistic he will face Venezuela in Saturday's World Cup qualifier while Juan has been preferred to Lucio in the centre of the defence.

Ronaldo arrived at the training camp of the world champions on Monday with problems in both thighs but he told reporters on Wednesday that the injuries appeared to be clearing up.

"I'm not feeling any pain and I don't think there will be any problem for me to play," said the Real Madrid striker, who missed Sunday's 1-0 defeat by Deportivo Coruna in the Spanish Primera Liga.

"I'm only going to play if I'm 100 percent fit," added Ronaldo, who again trained separately on Wednesday.

"I left Spain with a slight sprain, the time for recovery was one week and that time has passed."

FINAL DECISION

Coach Carlos Alberto Parreira said a final decision would be made on the striker after Thursday's practice match.

"The chance of him playing is good. I hope that he doesn't have any problem in training tomorrow (Thursday)," he said.

Parreira confirmed that Juan would keep his place alongside his Bayer Leverkusen team mate Roque Junior at the heart of the defence, even though Lucio, the regular first choice until earlier this year, had recovered from a knee injury.

The coach's decision was a reward for Juan, who an excellent Copa America followed by flawless performances in last month's World Cup qualifier against Bolivia and friendly against Germany.

Parreira said that playing for the same club was a big plus for the pair.

"I like Lucio a lot but Juan's been playing since May and has proved he's a good player," he said.

Brazil, who lead the 10-nation South American qualifying group with 16 points from eight games, face Venezuela away in the sweltering oil city of Maracaibo before taking on Colombia at home in Maceio four days later.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2004, 10:19 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Ronaldo fit to face Venezuela

TERESOPOLIS, Brazil, Oct 7 (Reuters) - Brazil striker Ronaldo will be fit to face Venezuela in Saturday's World Cup qualifier in Maracaibo, the Real Madrid player said on Thursday.

Ronaldo, who arrived at Brazil's training camp on Monday complaining of pains in both thighs, said he felt no problems as he took part in a practice match on Thursday.

"I think the injury is completely cured," he said. "I could do all the movements I needed and I've cleared up any doubts."

Ronaldo will line-up with Barcelona's Ronaldinho in attack, meaning that Adriano, who was topscorer in the Copa America with seven goals, will return to the bench.

Coach Carlos Alberto Parreira has already announced that Kaka will play behind the front two with Renato, Juninho Pernambucano and Ze Roberto forming the rest of the midfield.

Brazil lead the South American World Cup qualifying group with 16 points from eight games. Venezuela are sixth with 10 points.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2004, 16:28
Premier Player

Teams: SPAIN, VENEZUELA, REAL MADRID
Dude, I don't even want to watch! This will be a massacre!

Besides, Chávez will be on the stands watching the game. That means extra bad luck for us. Venezuela has not won a single game since the state (through PDVSA) began to sponsor La Vinotinto. Let me mention, by the way, that Maracaibo is the most antichavista place in the world. So I expect him to recieve a massive booing and bashing; unless, of course, if he bought all the tickets of the game.

Anyway, I'm not even sure if I want to watch this.

Siete estrellas es más bonito.

.........................................:st ar:

............................................ ...

............................................ ......
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2004, 18:05 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

My prediction (Pay back for the Ecuador-Chile prediction) Brasil 6-Venezuela 0 :dielaugh:

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2004, 13:08 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Venezuela coach pleased despite 5-2 defeat to Brazil What an

MARACAIBO, Venezuela, Oct 10 (Reuters)

- Venezuela coach Richard Paez said he was pleased with his team's performance in Saturday's World Cup qualifier even though they lost 5-2 to world champions Brazil.

"Brazil were undoubtedly the better team but I liked Venezuela's attitude and I believe we learned a lot," he said.

"For the first time, we saw a Venezuela team that wasn't afraid of Brazil. We didn't defend, we always went for goal which is our philosophy.

Venezuela have lost all 16 matches they have played against Brazil but Saturday's result was an improvement on their last home match against them four years ago, when they lost 6-0.

They also doubled their tally of goals against Brazil to four when Ruberth Moran scored twice in the last 10 minutes. Brazil took their total against Venezuela to 75.

Brazil striker Ronaldo, who scored two of his team's goals, said he wanted to keep Brazil apart from his club Real Madrid, where he has hit a bad run of form.

"It's good to separate things," said Ronaldo, who is the leading scorer in the South American World Cup qualifying competition with nine goals.

"In the national team, I'm doing well and scoring goals. At Real Madrid, I'm going through a bad patch."

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2004, 16:55
Premier Player

Teams: SPAIN, VENEZUELA, REAL MADRID
Well, I'll tell you what. Last night I saw the match with a hot chick I am dating. I was barely paying attention to the match. I'm not that masochist. I do recall a couple of goals scored by us in the last ten minutes and an anulled one, though. At least we're scoring again.

And, freakin' Ronnie, Can't you save any of those goals you're scoring for the selecao and save them for your job at Madrid? You'll be doing a favour to all mankind.

Siete estrellas es más bonito.

.........................................:st ar:

............................................ ...

............................................ ......
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2004, 17:13 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

WHOOOOA !!!!! Real Madrid relly needs them goals too ....

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in