Santos vs River Plate - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 23:17 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Inter F.C milan, The Netherlands, and Brazil nt
Santos vs River Plate

This is a big game tonight and it's hard to call this match but i predict a narrow victory for river plate of Argentina
2-1 final score

Je m'en fous.........

tu non vedrai nessuna cosa al mondo maggior FORZA INTERNAZIONALE!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 10:21
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Close my friend....close.... Santos 0 River Plate 1

I always root for Mexican Teams....unless on the other side ColoColo or River are playing them..

A well deserved win for River....now they travel back to B As with more breathinn room for the 2nd game ..

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 21:47
Xtratime Elite

If one Mexican Team is to advance...unfortunately for your taste...it will be America.....at the hand of Temoc Blanco...Frankie Oviedo and the Ex-Monarca NAVIA

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 23:58 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Inter F.C milan, The Netherlands, and Brazil nt
u never know pal!!! i watched the match and to tell you the truth
Santos derserved to win this game ....they were unlucky not to!!!

Je m'en fous.........

tu non vedrai nessuna cosa al mondo maggior FORZA INTERNAZIONALE!!!!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2004, 18:29
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Tucídides
so here we have an "americanista" I always knew it

good that Vergara (Chivas Owner) is looking to buy Colo Colo
No man...no....Im a Toros de Celaya fan ALWAYS even if they were in third Division....I tend to root for TEAMS were Chileans play and since Ruiz gave up on Chile...I kind of gave up on him...So what can I say ....
I will always root for the Mexicans as they hold a special part of my heart...but Colocolo, River, Juve, R Madrid ...always are Tops

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2004, 07:07
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Congrats, Mexicans. You beat us at home which is not an easy task.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2004, 10:20
Xtratime Elite

But River has advanced another notch on their quest for the 2004 Libertadores....And that its all it matters at this point !!

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2004, 17:25
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Quote:
Originally posted by colocolo
But River has advanced another notch on their quest for the 2004 Libertadores....And that its all it matters at this point !!

Which is exactly my point. Great game for el Matador.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2004, 17:59
Legend

Teams: ROMA
saw the game last night........very entertaining....terrible call on the PK that was called back, what was the call?.....it couldnt of been b/c the goalie left the goal line before the ball was hit...it wasnt even close....River got lucky with that for sure. great game though.

Do you even glory hunt?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2004, 19:42
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Quote:
Originally posted by AS_Roma83
River got lucky with that for sure. great game though.
That's the understatement of the year. You surely don't think that a PK shootout is won by skill. It's all luck. Just like playing russian roulette.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2004, 19:55
Legend

Teams: ROMA
yes i know...but i was also talking about how the guy missed the PK and for some reason it was called back and he converted the 2nd time. although River dominated the 2nd half. dominated might not be a strong enough word though.

Do you even glory hunt?
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2004, 01:43
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Quote:
nobody understand that, nobody understand why the lineman made that stupid call, perhaps because it was arranged?, River "should" pass at any cost. the conmebol mob is really efficient
Not exactly. What Conmebol does not want to see is savages like the ones seen at the Azteca last night. Can't wait to see the punishement laid down by FIFA!

Quote:
BTW the last 3 times that mexican teams have visited River there were two victories and one draw for the mexican squads, so it's not too hard to defeat them
Mexico and Mexican teams have accomplished absolutely nothing in football. The Libertadores Cup is no exception.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2004, 06:40
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Quote:
come on loco don't be a smart-ass, those savages have learned from "you" If you don't know the history of the "barras bravas" in México let me enlight you; they were created by south americans (mainly argentinians, hired by the owners of some teams as America) in order to intimidate their rivals, sth that in México never happened before.
what have happened at Azteca stadium (shameless) happens as a daily basis in south america in particular in argentina.
I am agree, America and the Azteca stadium must be severely punished but don't come now with this speech soooo "I never saw that"; "In my country never happens this" etc.
Thanx for enlighting me but I must say that I had no idea that these 'barras bravas' that you're referring to, these same ones that (according to you) were created by Argentine hooligans suited up in uniforms (numbers and all). Really, I had no idea these were also members of the coaching staff.

Thanx for the insight.

Quote:
mexican teams in the few years that have participating what have acomplished is to beat badly river
I disagree. Beating River is Mexico's biggest accomplishment. They should make May 11th a holiday right along the lines of December 12th.
Quote:

Still you can't deny (just a cynical person could do it) that the referee "helped" River Plate to advance.
what a lame team is that who needs the help of the referees to eliminate a "small team with no tradition". And playing at home!

Is disgusting to see how some matches are "fixed" in the libertadores cup. It "sucks"
The linesman saw what he saw. Despite his gutsy call, you're forgetting that Santos' lame players (keeping Mexican tradition) missed their own 2 PKs. I'm betting the house that they didn't show that in the highlights on Mexican Tv.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2004, 18:39
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Quote:
I was talking on the ppl who invaded the pitch not on the fights between the players and staff, the fights among the players are quite common, not desirable though.
You're right. Fights like that are a common thing for America. I recall them getting just as rowdy, hell, even worse (if that's actually possible!) against Santos (Brasil) in the same stadium (Azteca) back in the early 80s. Back then Aguirre (Now coaching Osasuna) threw a couple of flying kicks that would have made Bruce Lee proud.

What do we gather from all this? Simple. Mexicans are sore losers. If not the players or the coaches, its always the crowd. They get as drunk as indians and start causing havok. This will all end once they realize that they are mediocre.

Quote:
Anyway River won't win the cup, as everybody knows "IF" they reaches the semis River is going to be eliminated by Boca. (not that I like Boca, I don't, but that is how it works, Papá always wins)
I suggest you throw away that crystal ball of yours. Judging by your lame attempt to predict the future - it must be broken.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2004, 23:11
Premier Player

I don't know about ArgentinoMexicans fights but a Chilean winner scored the "winning" goal in 74'.

Who understands,understood.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2004, 00:25
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Quote:
Originally posted by Kostas
I don't know about ArgentinoMexicans fights but a Chilean winner scored the "winning" goal in 74'.

Who understands,understood.
Indeed. Slalas did what he wanted on the pitch. Too bad Cavenaghi and Maxi Lopez where both on a different page...

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2004, 00:34
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Quote:
we have a saying in México "el burro hablando de orejas" the most horrible brutalities on football have happened in argentina perpetrated by criminals disguised as fans, the worse losers are your compatriots. Even your countrymen (the intelligent ones not the morons) accepts that the sorest losers are the argentines.
I could recall dozens of events were the argentines have participated in brawls and shameless events after they lost any match, remember England 66, or the whole history of Libertadores and Copa América, etc. so stop talking crap, and accept that your lame team needed the help of the referees in order to advance cause otherwise would be eliminated as it should be happened against Santos Laguna

At least be honest,don't be another mediocre. accept that the referee and linesman had a great influence in the final result
In other words (after all this nonsense) you're sayin that Mexico is not medicre in futbol and are not sore losers?

Um, O.... kay.

Quote:
I am not a prophet but a historian, and the history says (recent history, last 10 years) that River have been the bitch of Boca, but don't worry is very likely that Cruziero or Cali will avoid you that shame.
So you're saying (in the paragraph above) that River have been taking it up the rear from Boca since 94 nonstop untill today.

Allow me to make another suggestion, Mr. Historian. Why not toss those history books (or whatever it is you're gathering your information from) because it's all hot air that's coming out of your mouth. I honestly don't believe you're as ignorant as you're making yourself look like. (i.e.) The idiocy posted above.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2004, 00:59
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Quote:

mm the stats doesn't says that, loco, for your own sake stop humiliating yourself. you know your team haves no chances and that needs help of the referess to advance, help that you won't have against teams with bigger tradition (and influence) as Cruzeiro and Boca.
and yes, you are th bitches of Boca jrs. I am not lying, just check the stats or look at your poor ass
You're right, stats don't lie. They say that River have won 6 national titles, a copa Libertadores and a Super Copa in the last 10 years. They also say that Mexico has accomplished absolutley nothing in national and club level.
Quote:
what I am saying (translation for morons) is that you "can't spit to the sky because it will fall on your eye"
just a moron like you could qualify another country as sore losers (talking on football), being Argentina the best example on that subject.
¿está claro idiota?
What happens in Argentina or anywhere else in the world for that matter in inrrelevant (now there's a word for you to look up) to the point.

Self-loathing apologists like yourself is what's wrong with the world today. I thought were were talking about the savage-like behavior displayed by America and their Mexican fans. It is then when you see yourself in a hole and back fire with you guys do it in Argentina too!.

You're a poor debator simply because you don't know what you're debating about...

Quote:
(translation for morons)
¿está claro idiota?
...and with some class. Kudos.

Quote:
"el burro hablando de orejas"
Oh the irony of that statement.

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2004, 04:21
I Need More Cowbell!
International

Quote:
what's the point loca? Mexican teams couldn't win the Libertadores cup before simply because they weren't participating. Since mexican teams have participating River haven't won a single one international tournament, being defeated several times by mexican squads.
stop doing those nonsensical, stupid and chauvinistic comparisons

you brought on the point, "dude"

look moron I stated before that Azteca stadium, Club América and the players involved in the brawl (including Sao caetano players) should be severely punished) actually this is happening already; América will play its next matches "a puerta cerrada" with no crowd. the players involved in the brawl are going to be punished, there is a new law that seems will be accepted by the congress that threats with jail and severe fines to anyone (crowd or players) who commits barbarian acts like those perpetrated last tuesday.
and America is still expecting the punishment by Conmbeol, hopefully it will be really severe.
In Mexico we are the first ones worried about what happened last tuesday night because unlike another countries this never happened before (in this dimension).
¿comprendido?

r u talking to me about class? that's the second best joke I've heard in ages, both in a few days, hey men you should consider seriously to get a job as comediant p
you are natural dude!

Hurrah for Paquador!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2004, 11:09
Xtratime Elite

Cuatemoc Blanco 49% hate him...51% love him !!!!

I tipped the balance on his favour just now !!!!! p

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in