Official Transfer Rumor Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2003, 05:23 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Official Transfer Rumor Thread

Spurs pounce for Pizarro Saturday 20 December, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bitter split between David Pizarro and Udinese is heating up as Tottenham bid ?m for the Chilean midfielder.

“Udinese are destroying my career,?slammed Pizarro after refusing to negotiate a new contract.

“After all I have done for this club I expected a little more gratitude. They could have loaned me out last summer instead of making me suffer like this.?

The 24-year-old was a star of Serie A last season and helped the Friuli outfit qualify for the UEFA Cup, but his wage demands have caused a rift with the club.

Pizarro’s contract expires in 2005 and his requests for double his current salary have been rejected outright.

Currently frozen out of the squad, the South American was linked with a move to Inter or Juventus.

However, a spokesman for Premiership side Tottenham was quoted as saying they had “made a formal bid for Pizarro. I cannot add any more at this moment in time.?

Udinese last night insisted they would not sell the player before June, but Pizarro’s comments suggest the negotiation of a new deal is unlikely.

channel4

===================

Pozzo faith in Pizarro deal Friday 19 December, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese owner Giampaolo Pozzo believes that his club can still convince David Pizarro to sign a new contract.

"There is a possibility that we could reach an agreement with the player," stated the Udinese chief when asked about the Chilean¡¦s situation.

There are massive question marks over Pizarro¡¦s future after he was frozen out of the first team following a falling out with the club.

The main reason behind the split is believed to have been Pizarro¡¦s decision to reject a new contract offer with the Friuli outfit.

He¡¦s tied to the side until 2005 which had led his club to offer him a new five-year deal but he was unimpressed with the details.

The midfielder currently earns around £200,000 a season, which the Bianconeri are ready to increase to £350,000. However, Pizarro wants double that amount.

That has led to claims that he could be sold in January with Inter reportedly leading the chase.

"He won¡¦t be moving after Christmas," maintained Pozzo. "We¡¦ll only consider his sale at the end of the season. We¡¦ll just have to wait and see."

channel4

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2004, 05:32 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

At Udinese, David Pizarro¡¦s agent will today meet with the club in a bid to iron out his client¡¦s situation.

The Chilean has been frozen out of the side since he turned down the offer of a new contract.

channel4

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2004, 10:37
Premier Player

This stupid attitude of the Italians piss me off.

They see footballers only like tools for their machine and not like individuals,and with such moves they can destroy some careers.

I hope and believe that "el mago" Pizarro will quickly leave Udine and try him,why not...in Totehnam.

David will be a superstar there

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2004, 01:43
Star Player

Is it me or has been a really slow transfer market???
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2004, 09:51 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Meanwhile, Chievo striker Mauricio Pinilla has left Italy after he agreed to join Celta Vigo on loan.

The Chilean youngster, half owned by Inter, has failed to score for the club after six League and two Coppa games.

channel4

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2004, 18:16
Star Player

Pizarro remained at Udinese despite strong interest from Inter and Tottenham.

Colombian Jorge Bolaño went from Parma to Lecce.

Chilean Jorge Vargas signed with Empoli.

Colombian Gonzalo Martinez went from Reggina to Napoli

Diego Gavilan went from International Porto Alegre to Udinese
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2004, 18:25
Star Player

Chilean Jorge Valdivia sigend with Rayo Vallecano
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2004, 01:04
Premier Player

Only before a week i realised that Bolivian Erwin Sanchez is not player of Boavista but he is their coach.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2004, 04:40 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

February 10, 2004

Shanghai surprise for Tino?
Colombian striker Faustino Asprilla will visit Shanghai this week hoping to impress in trials for several Chinese clubs. The 34-year-old former Parma ace is looking for a contract with a club in an attempt to kick start a flagging career.

channel4

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2004, 07:32 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

February 12, 2004

Tino does U-turn
Tino Asprilla has turned down the chance to play in China by signing for Estudiantes. "I¡¦ve come here to win," said the former Parma and Newcastle striker. "I want to show people that my football is still up to scratch." The Colombian international signed for the Argentine club a day before he was due to fly out to China for trials with several clubs.

channel4

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2004, 05:46 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Meanwhile, Man Utd are also being associated with a swoop for Inter’s Ivan Cordoba in the summer.

The Colombian may be sold and Tottenham are also allegedly interested in the central defender. He’s valued at around £5m.

channel4

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2004, 05:17 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Juve eye Bianconeri pair Thursday 4 March, 2004

Juventus are back in the chase to sign the Udinese duo of David Pizarro and Marek Jankulovski.

Reports in the North East of Italy suggest that initial talks between the two clubs have already taken place regarding a summer swoop.

Pizarro (pictured) has been linked with Juventus for over a year now as he continues to shine in Serie A.

He was targeted last summer by the Italian champions but they couldn¡¯t make a bid due to the fact that they failed to sell fellow Chilean Marcelo Salas ¨C a non EU player.

That almost saw the playmaker move to Lazio, and then Inter in January, but Juventus are now interested once again.

The Bianconeri have also been heavily associated with Jankulovski in the past.

The Czech international midfielder has impressed in Udine and he has admitted that he would love a switch to Turin.

Juve are allegedly ready to offer around 0„514m for the two men in a deal that may also see the Udine outfit receive a couple of Juve players on loan.

Yet in order to finance that move the Old Lady are set to sell, which has inevitably led to more rumours that Pavel Nedved will join Chelsea.

channel4

==============

Salas keen on River switch Thursday 4 March, 2004

Juventus look set to sell Marcelo Salas after the striker admitted he wants to remain with River Plate.

The Chilean international is currently on loan with the Argentine outfit and is scheduled for a June return to Italy.

But the forward admits that he is keen on making a permanent move to the South American giants.

"I¡¯m very happy at River Plate," said the former Lazio star. "The club want me and they respect me.

"They have already said that they want to keep me in the team and that illustrates that they have confidence in me.

"I want to keep on playing football for River and therefore I don¡¯t see any problems in me staying here for a long time."

Salas left Turin in the summer after the competition for places became too tough with Del Piero, Trezeguet, Miccoli and Di Vaio all fighting for starting shirts.

And Salas, now 30, admits that he is enjoying his life in Argentina given the fact that he has more time with his family.

"It is good for me to be near my daughters," he added. "Last week for example I flew to Chile twice. This is also helping me to become the player I was a few years ago."

The Bianconeri signed Salas in 2001 for 0„512m from Lazio. However, his maiden Turin term saw him rupture knee ligaments that severely affected his Juve career.

Salas is currently in his second spell with River after two splendid seasons there in the 1990s, where he scored 24 goals in 53 League games.

channel4

Last edited by Carson35; March 5th, 2004 at 06:04.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2004, 19:51 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Pizarro has Mancio desire Wednesday 10 March, 2004

Udinese ace David Pizarro says he would love to work under Lazio boss Roberto Mancini in the future.

The Chilean was close to realising that desire in the summer but his proposed switch to the capital collapsed.

"I was virtually a Lazio player before the move broke down," said the 24-year-old. "But you never know what the future may hold.

"It is my dream to be at the disposal of a Coach like Mancini who is a great tactician. One that gets his sides to play spectacular football."

The playmaker, who is expected to be a wanted man during the summer transfer window, made the statement ahead of this weekend¡¯s Lazio-Udinese tie.

"It will be just like any other game for me even if I was obviously on the verge of joining them at the start of this season," added the midfielder.

"But I must admit that I have always had a certain affection for Lazio. I used to follow them carefully in my homeland when Marcelo Salas played for them."

Although it seems unlikely that Lazio have the necessary funds to sign Pizarro in the summer, he could still link up with Mancio at the San Siro.

That is because the player and the tactician are both reported targets for a new era at Inter.

channel4

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2004, 04:45 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Europe will convince Angel to pen Villa deal
tribalfootball.com - March 16, 2004

Juan Pablo Angel has declared he will sign a new contract if Aston Villa can qualify for Europe.
Angel, 28, said: "When I first came to Europe, I wanted to play on the big stage, and against the best players.

"That's what I still want. If Villa qualify to play in Europe it would influence what I decide to do. Absolutely. Europe is where I want to be playing next season.

"I'm very pleased to have reached 20 goals. I didn't set a target. But it's been perfect for me so far."

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2004, 06:12 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Juventus want co-ownership for Man Utd, Chelsea target Jimenez
tribalfootball.com - March 17, 2004

Juventus have tabled an offer to Ternana for midfielder Luis Jiminez.
The Chilean youngster is also being followed by Chelsea and Manchester United, but Juve are seeking to beat both Premiership clubs to a deal before the end of the season.

Ternana are asking £6.7 million for Jimenez, though are considering a £2 million offer from Juve chief Luciano Moggi for co-ownership of the youngster.

A fresh round of talks have been scheduled for later this week to discuss Juve's improvised bid.

post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2004, 10:43
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Chilean papers today are hinting to a possible move of El Matador after the Clausura in Argentina, to Atletico de Madrid....It has to do with a debt owed by Juventus, and since Salas "belongs" technically to the team from Delle Alpi...it seems he will be the cash on hand to cover the debt !!!

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2004, 06:49 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Pizarro demands Juve move Sunday 21 March, 2004

David Pizarro has finally come out into the open and confirmed he wants to join Juventus next season.

¡§I owe a great deal to Udinese,¡¨ said the 24-year-old, ¡§as they allowed me to mature as a professional. But I think this is the time for me to test myself at the top level and Juventus would be fantastic.¡¨

The Chilean midfielder has been heavily linked with Lazio and Inter over the last year, but now insists his destination will be Turin.

¡§I know of Juve¡¦s interest in me,¡¨ he continued, ¡§and Udinese owner Pozzo knows how I feel about this. I hope he listens to my wishes.¡¨

Pizarro¡¦s rapport with the Friuli side has been particularly tense over the last few months when he refused to sign a new contract.

The player was frozen out of the squad for a month and allowed back in after he put pen to paper on an extended deal, but has not given up on his dream of a big club in the 2004-05 campaign.

channel4

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2004, 04:12 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Meanwhile, European champions Milan are being linked with two German based strikers this morning.

Bayern Munich’s Roque Santa Cruz could be targeted. The 22-year-old is a Paraguayan international.

Dimitar Berbatov of Bayer Leverkusen is also being monitored. The Bulgarian, 23, is tied to his present side until 2007.

channel4

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2004, 21:27 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Meanwhile, Milan are today being linked with Bayern Munich striker Roque Santa Cruz. The Paraguayan could arrive in exchange for Kakha Kaladze.

channel4

post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2004, 21:30
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Is Santa Cruz in Paraguay for the game Vs Brasil ?????

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in