Goodbye guys!!!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2003, 07:17 Thread Starter
Star Player

Goodbye guys!!!!

It has been fun to share this experience with everyone over the years!!!

Special thanks to Kostas, El Matador, Colocolo, Condor, Sebastian, Megapolemico, Ze da Fiel, El Loco, End3r7, Tulcidides, Czar, Batigol and everyone else who posted at one time or another in this forum.

I will be heading to

http://www.finalfootball.com/forums
http://www.worldfootballboard.com/forums/
http://www.soccer-chat.net/forums/index.php

Thanks guys

I hope to see you in one of those forums.

Gabemar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2003, 06:04
Premier Player

Hi Gabe
First of all prv me with your email or something to find you if Xtratime goes down.

Gabe i would also like to thank you for your posts here.But surely there were better days in the past for the CONMEBOL forum.I don't understand the fact that every other forum,even African,Belgian,FYROM's etc have more posters than this one.Don't tell me the language because the regions i called don't speak English too!

About Xtratime now...i also spent a lot of beautiful hours here as i had the opportunity to talk about world and especially SAn football,something that is more difficult to do with my friends whose knowlege is more about Greek football.So i suggest you to stay a bit more in Xtratime as the last news say that it will be alive for 1 more months and then we'll see,admins and posters try to keep it alive.

PS-Where is colocolo????In the past,he seemed to have more spare time than everyone else and i thought i found a friend/gold about SA news.What happened to him???
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2003, 18:01 Thread Starter
Star Player

I will certainly hang out until the end.

I agree that it has been very sad seeing the forum crowd dwindle to the point where it is now.

But among other issues that has contributed to this besides the fact that it is an English only forum. Is the fact that with the exception of the WCQs and maybe Copa America only Spanish and Portuguese speaking people for the most part have access to info and TV about SA football.

You add the fact that Brasilians, Argies and Uruguayans have their forums, then it only leaves a few countries from which football does not have the exposure to create the kind of interest necesary among English speakers to carry it.

The upcoming WCQs will help but not much. Unless a flood of Chileans, Colombians etc show up who prefer to post in English rather than Spanish, then I think this forum will only increase it's size so much.

I agree 100% with you about Big Soccer, I have no problem posting in Spanish but I think it's more fun when other people from somewhere else in addition to the Latin Americans get involve such as yourself, and they simply couldn't do that in an Spanish only forum.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2003, 04:30
International

Ill be here until the end, but I'm also registered in all those 3 forums.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in