South Americans flooding the Argentinian transfer market. - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2003, 17:05 Thread Starter
Star Player

South Americans flooding the Argentinian transfer market.

There is no questions that the Argentinian teams survive by selling their top players to European clubs and to a lesser extent Mexican and Asian teams.

To replace these players and remain competitive they cannot always depend on their "canteras" youth squads. These potential players take years to develop.

To buy other Argie players or even Uruguayan players that have more or less the same level is simply prohibited, those players price tags are simply out of reach for most local teams.

So now more and more those teams are turning to other South American countries to find quality replacements. The top countries that send players to Argentina are Colombia, Chile and Paraguay. This year is no exception Colombians lead the flood of talented footballers signing with Argentinian clubs, but this time in much higher numbers than in the past.

Now also Peruvian and Ecuadorian players are starting to appear consistently in the Argentinian championship.

The big allure is the ability to showcase their talent in front of European scouts.

Top signings of the season in place and/or in process:

Boca: Luis Perea (Ind. Medellin), Iarley (Paysandu), Fabian Vargas (America), Andres Perez (Dep. Cali), John Restrepo (Ind. Medellin) and Edison Mendez (El Nacional)
River: Kilian Viviescas (America),
Newell's: Jorge Bermudez
Colon: Geovanny Hernandez (Dep. Cali)
Independiente: Rafael Olarra (U de Chile), Robinson Zapata (Ind. Medellin)
San Lorenzo: Roberto Cortez (Ind. Medellin), Patricio Ormazabal (U. Catolica)
Racing: Pablo Galdamez, Ivan Kaviedes (Dep. Quito), John Galliquio (Universitario)
Gimnasia (LP): Jefferson Farfan (Alianza Lima)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2003, 23:23
Rising Star

can i have some info on Iarley he joined boca jnrs from Paysandu?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2003, 16:08
Premier Player

Gabe,how many foreign players can an Agrentinian team use in their roster/matches?I wonder this cause i see teams like Boca Juniors and Racing Club persuading many foreigners.I used to believe that they can use up to 3.

The South American floodind in this league it's good both for the league itself as concentrating the best staff of the region will impove it,as well for the players who have almost no chance to jump directly from Chilean,Colombian or Paraguayan league to a european paradise one like Italy,Spain.In Argentina as you said they can take easier the attention of the european scout as the championship is more reliable.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2003, 16:49 Thread Starter
Star Player

To be honest I don't know. I don't even think there is a rule for it. Simply like in Brasil, Argentinians never need it to have this kind of rule because only the best of the best players of other SA countries could even get squad spot on an Argie team. Now things seem to be changing a bit, so I am not sure if they will implement such rule.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2003, 03:48
Premier Player

Pfff,so why am i tortured in CM where i can use only 3foreigners in Argentina?

I'll begin (in CM01/02) a game with River Plate and having Escalona,Ayala,Yepes and Cuevas in the squad won't be able to play with other SA stars.

But,it's ok..as mentioned Argentina hasn't a problem on players...i can find many goods Argies to be competitive in league and Libertadores.Plus i'll have one more advantage,don't know if you thought about that.The thing is that as in real life same in CM clubs will sell some superstars in European clubs in order to earn money.But me,there's now way to leave players like D'Alessandro and Ortega go away of my team.So i'll get stronger and stronger in contrast to the other SA clubs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in