Libertadores Best XI - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2003, 07:33 Thread Starter
Star Player

Libertadores Best XI

The final is upon us and we saw most of the teams play. let's what do you guys think are the best XI in the Libertadores.

So many good players I am putting two teams.

Best XI (first team)

Keeper - Dario Sala (Deportivo Cali) This guy was superb thanks to him the team only conceded 3 goals in 8 games.

Defenders

Nicolas Burdiso (Boca Juniors) Tremendous positioning he has been a rock in Boca's defense

Alex (Santos) without him who knows how many goals this defense would have conceded.

Amaranto Perea (Ind. Medellin) tremendous speed and excellent skills. Maybe the defender of the tournament.

Wingers

Carlos Teves (Boca Juniors) he is not really a winger but I think he does his best work on the right

Kilian Viviescas (America) superb dribbling and excellent shot, some of the best moves of the tournament came out of this guy.

Midfielders

Sebastian Bataglia (Boca Juniors) strongman in the middle of the field, very consistent.

Andres D'Alessandro (River Plate) superb skills his performance against Corinthians might have been one of the best of the tournament.

Diego (Santos) mastermind of the best offense of the tournament. Possibly the best player in South America right now.

Forwards

Mauricio Molina (Ind. Medellin) this guy oooze danger everytime he had the ball. he could dribble in, pass through or shot from the outside.

Ricardo Oliveira (Santos) deadly marksman and main recipient of Diego's clinical passes.

Best XI (second team)

Keeper - Fabio Costa (Santos)
Defenders - Martin Demichelis (River Plate), Andres Mosquera (Dep. Cali) and Sergio Veron (Cobreloa)
Wingers - Eduardo Coudet (River Plate) and Gilberto (Gremio)
Midfielders - Renato (Santos), Geovanni Hernandez (Dep. Cali) and Gil (Corinthians)
Forwards - Guillermo Barros Scheloto (Boca Juniors) and Julian Vasquez (America)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2003, 23:56
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
I can't think to come up with a list any better than yours, but I think somebody from Nacional deserves some mention. Perhaps O'Niel or Guerrero. Nacional came a saved PK or two away from beating Santos in what was maybe the best home-away of the tourney.

Although they kind of sucked, Cedres of Penarol was rather impressive when Penarol really played well.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2003, 05:56
Star Player

Teams: Al Wasl & Boca Juniors
I didnt see all the matches, but from what I saw I will name some players:
Tevez, Delgado and Battagallia from Boca.
Diego and no.3 player from Santos.
No.20 from the Colombian team which faced Santos in the Semi.

El Rey de Copas Mundial

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2003, 07:57
Premier Player

Excellent post Gabe
You included every posssible player we could name!

As for the guys that will post from now on...pleeeeeease talk objectively and not mention only the players of the nation you support.Gabe's topic is the best XI of Libertadores,not the XI of your team-dreams!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2003, 08:45 Thread Starter
Star Player

Honorable mention has to be given to Chelo Delgado who simply was brilliant in the final. BTW this was his farewell as well because he is going to Mexico to get some "easy" money.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2003, 09:41 Thread Starter
Star Player

What I meant by "easy" was to say that if he plays to the level that he displayed all these years with Boca he shouldn't have a problem I don't think the Mexican league, despite being good, is at the level of the Argie league. He certaily has IMO a spot in Cruz Azul starting 11 assured. And they certainly need him with Palencia cooking tacos and burritos in Barcelona.

No disrespect but I simply think he is playing Mexico for the money which is OK. He could have gone to Europe and fight out for a spot in a starting line up in a mid table team. But in Mexico he probably will make almost as much money, be a star like Cardodzo or Abreu and work relatively easy for the money he wil get.

That's what I meant by "easy"
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2003, 14:24
Premier Player

Teams: Argentina, Boca Jrs.
Delgado has to be ther, adn whayt about schiavi....?

"Tommy: But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to ****in' amuse you?
How the **** am I funny? What the **** is so funny about me?"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in