Uruguay will qualify for WC 2002 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2000, 10:08
Driver X

Uruguay will qualify. The problem was that they didn't want to change the 1994 or the 1998 team.
In 1994 they had practacly the same team from 1990 only thing diferent was the age.
In 1998 they had players that just aren't National team players. Sanguinetti, Abreu, Martinez, Bengoechea, Fracescoli (Was good in club team but when he played for the National team he sucked), Paz, Fonseca, Alvez, they where all to old or just not good enough. This year Uruguay changed around they left out players like Abeijon, Fonseca, Otero (At lest I think I didn't see his name in the roster) and brought in young players that so far are doing great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2000, 11:18
ANELKA

they can qualify but south american teams are unpredictable.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2000, 23:17
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
It's nice to see a post about Uruguay. I agree that Uruguay has long needed a change of tactic and Passarella seems to be doing the job. Don't diss Francescoli. Even at 36 he was the best player on the field when they last tried to qualify. Their biggest problem has always been getting their full squad together. They always have half their team in Europe and rarely could get them together. Fonseca was a great stiker before the injuries. If he can get healthy he can still be of use.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2000, 18:26
Legend

I honestly believe that Recoba will eventually be better than Francescoli.

ALthout Recoba's age Francescoli was better and WAY!!!!!!! better known i think CHino Recoba will be an all time Uruguay great.

i really hope to see CHino and the boys at W.C.2002.

Tell me sommin is Fabien O'Neil playing? If he is why the ^%*^ is Mr. Let me get sent off one more time wearing the Captains arm band?

And honestly why is Rivas still in the squad? he doesn't ever play i don't think it is sending the right mesage.

URUGUAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O INTER O MORTE!!!!!!

Fernando Torres on English defenders "....the truth is most of them lack defensive positioning as a result of their reliance on strength and aggression and leave so much space for you to take advantage of.”

David Trezeguet: Anyway to score in European Cups is easier if compared to Serie A league, since in Champions League clubs give more space to opponents
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2000, 21:18
BolsoCapo

Mr. Let me get sent off one more time is the captain as he is one of the worlds best defenders and has a great personality.however i think recoba should use it as when he used it against paraguay he played incredibly.recoba is better than francescoli already !!!
rivas is not on the team anymore.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2000, 23:34
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
This result hurts! This is the kind of crap happened before WC 98. You can't throw away points to crappy teams like Peru, especially when you're playing at home. 0-0 in Montevideo against Peru!!!! Gimme a ****ing break!!! Maybe against Argentina that is a good result.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in