Dortmund

This is da Dortmund thread...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2002, 08:45 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Barça-AIK-LIVORNO-LA U De Chile-DORTMUND-Ajax-EVERTON-
DORTMUND OPEN UP FOUR POINT LEAD

Ewerthon inspired Borussia Dortmund to victory on Wednesday night as the Bundesliga leaders opened up a four-point advantage.

The Brazil striker scored one goal and created a second for Marcio Amoroso as Dortmund recorded a comfortable victory.

With Bayer Leverkusen losing to Schalke this evening and Kaiserslautern held to a draw by Hamburg, Dortmund took advantage to strengthen their title credentials.

Hansa, who remain on the fringes of the relegation battle, were fortunate not to suffer a more heavy defeat.

Ewerthon was their main tormentor, and he might have opened the scoring after 16 minutes, only to shoot wide after good work from compatriot Dede.

Ewerthon then delivered a cross which Hansa goalkeeper Matthias Schober flapped at, but Jorg Heinrich headed over the crossbar.

However, Hansa could not hold out in the face of intense pressure, and Ewerthon slotted home Heinrich's pass in the 66th minute to break the deadlock.

He was involved in the goal that clinched the win nine minutes from time as his pass to sub Amoroso allowed the Brazilian to dribble round Schober before scoring.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...TEAMHD=germany
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2002, 08:48 Thread Starter
Premier Player

SAMMER - WE'RE NOT CHAMPIONS YET

Borussia Dortmund coach Matthias Sammer will not allow any of his table-topping players to rest on their laurels ahead of Wednesday's meeting with Hansa Rostock.

A draw at Wolfsburg on Saturday was enough for Dortmund to assume leadership of the Bundesliga from defeated Bayer Leverkusen.

But former Germany great Sammer knows there are no prizes for being top after 20 games of the season.

"We are still looking from match to match. If someone is thinking we have achieved anything already, he is in the wrong team," Sammer told German DSF-sports TV.

The new leaders of the Bundesliga may have to try and maintain their place at the summit without their most creative player, Tomas Rosicky.

The Czech midfielder was taken off with a strained leg muscle during the 1-1 draw at Wolfsburg on Saturday and may not be fit in time.

Hansa Rostock, in 14th place, are just five points clear of the relegation zone but with more away wins than any other side in the bottom half they should not be discounted.

The team got back to winning ways with a 1-0 victory over St Pauli last time out after two successive defeats.

And even if they can hope for little more than a mid-table finish, their December success over Bayern suggests they can still have a say in the title race.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2002, 08:50 Thread Starter
Premier Player

WORNS - JENS IS LEHMANN

Borussia Dortmund defender Christian Worns has paid tribute to Jens Lehmann after the goalkeeper's heroics against Wolfsburg.

Lehmann's superb display secured a point for the Bundesliga leaders in a 1-1 draw.

Germany international Worns told www.bundesliga.de: "We have Jens Lehmann to thank that we did not go home from Wolfsburg empty-handed."

Lehmann, who is involved in contract talks with his club, was only beaten by Tomislav Maric's penalty.

Dortmund coach Matthias Sammer said: "Jens is in good form at the moment. He's playing really well."

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2002, 09:00 Thread Starter
Premier Player

***Sammer inspires Borussia ahead of Bayern showdown

DORTMUND, February 7 (DS) - Borussia Dortmund firmly established themselves on the top of the national standings after their 2-0 win over Hansa Rostock.
Ahead of the Saturday's showdown against Bayern Munich, the Dortmund side manager Matthias Sammer warned his team: "Malicious joy is a bad adviser. We ourselves haven't always shown a good play since the start of this season. I think the situation will be clear at the end of February."
Borussia will then host Schalke 04 and after travel to face Bayer Leverkusen.
The team's skipper Stefan Reuter said: "We weren't very confident against Hansa, but the fact we are top of the table speaks for itself. That's why I think we shouldn't be afraid of facing the country's champions, even if they haven't lost any home game so far."

http://www.dailysoccer.com/article.php?Article=68950
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2002, 09:42
Star Player

Teams: Bayern München
A is badly needed.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2002, 10:30
Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Italian NT
So, Juan? Do u have any oppinion as well or do u just want to deliver us some hot news

:dielaugh: Actually, I am quite amused about the thread... but hey, who knows, maybe it will turn out into sth good, maybe we will find a couple of serious Dortmund fans and use this thread as a basis of a Dortmund forum

I will lay the fate of this thread into the hand of the main Dortmund fan here, my Co Mod Cap Sandro

Tu sei tutta la mia vita

Londra 22 Maggio 1963
Madrid 28 Maggio 1969
Barcellona 24 Maggio 1989
Vienna 23 Maggio 1990
Atene 18 Maggio 1994
Manchester 28 Maggio 2003
Atene 23 Maggio 2007

La storia si repete... ancora una volta...

7 volte CAMPIONI D'EUROPA
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2002, 12:07
Forum Manager
Legend

Re: Dortmund

Quote:
Originally posted by JUAN F
This is da Dortmund thread...

Really?
Are you sure? :eekani:
I thought it's about SSV Ulm...

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2002, 15:14
Premier Player

Teams: Bayern, German NT, Vancouver Canucks
Dortmund is my 2nd favourite team, but my heart really belongs to Bayern. But it's really making me wonder what's going on in Hoeness' head. BVB's Michael Zorc has done a real good job, stealing Kehl and Rosicky, and adding the likes of Amoroso and Ewerthon. These are multi-faceted players who have more than one skill. It has really transformed the team.

Hoeness has added Pizarro, a one dimensional scorer, and Ballack and Deisler come next season. The team really needs an overhaul as most players have lost their edge and desire. But there has been no news of a "wish list" of players from Hoeness.
Rumours floated about Roy Keane, but that's it. Hoeness should be more aggressive AND also STOP being so cheap.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2002, 17:13
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool, Barcelona
Apart from Koller I think that Dortmund has finally bought lots of good, young players and the future looks good. In previous years a lot of money was wasted, but this has changed. Everyone talks about our great offence, but our defence is very strong, too. Lehmann is really playing great this season and for quite a lot people even better than Kahn. I don't like him as a person, but I respect his achievements he made this season. It's unbelievable how many shots on goal he has saved. The defence is like I said very solid. Wörns got better and better after the England match and Metzelder deserves to start instead of Jürgen Kohler and Kehl will be good, too. What we might need is another creative player in midfield, because we really miss Rosicky when he's out. Luckily he's returning vs. Bayern. The attack is great, although I'm no fan of Koller and Sörensen is just a waste of space.
The following matches will be very decisive, both in the UEFA cup and especially in the Bundesliga. If we beat Bayern on Saturday, they are finally out of the title race. At the moment it looks good, 4 points ahead of the 2nd. I just hope that the team won't play like Bayer in Munich, we should not be scared of them.
I can't understand why Hoeneß is still so arrogant and says that they'll beat us for sure, I hope Dortmund will prove him wrong.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2002, 18:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by The Champ
Dortmund is my 2nd favourite team, but my heart really belongs to Bayern. But it's really making me wonder what's going on in Hoeness' head. BVB's Michael Zorc has done a real good job, stealing Kehl and Rosicky, and adding the likes of Amoroso and Ewerthon. These are multi-faceted players who have more than one skill. It has really transformed the team.

Hoeness has added Pizarro, a one dimensional scorer, and Ballack and Deisler come next season. The team really needs an overhaul as most players have lost their edge and desire. But there has been no news of a "wish list" of players from Hoeness.
Rumours floated about Roy Keane, but that's it. Hoeness should be more aggressive AND also STOP being so cheap.
Well, thats all too easy...
Season after season we say how happy we are that Bayern is the only big club in the world without throwing money out of the window and then suddenly after 8 or 9 bad games it's all wrong? :fero:

Imo the management still is doing great, it's the same players like last year, so you see it depends JUST on them. All we need is two defenders.

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2002, 21:26
Premier Player

Teams: Bayern, German NT, Vancouver Canucks
I didn't say that Uli Hoeness has done a bad job. In fact he has done a quite good job. However, my feelings are that he is a little too tight fisted with the club's money. And I have heard nothing about new players that Bayern want to get this summer.

My personal feeling is that a lot of players should be let go. Not that I want to gut the team, because doing such a thing usually upsets the delicate team chemistry that successfu clubs have. Look at Lazio recently. After winning the Scudetto, they changed the entire makeup. Now we see the result.

Rather, I think a lot of players have lost their hunger and are emotionally exhausted. A change of environment is needed for them. Then bring in some fresh players who want to win badly. That will bring the fighting spirit back for Bayern.

But Hoeness still has to loosen up the purse strings. After winning the Champions League, Bundesliga, Intercontinental Cup, and selling 10% share of the team to Adidas, the piggy bank is bursting. Why not buy some players to stay competitive with the likes of Real Madrid, Manchester United, and Juventus?
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2002, 22:08
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by The Champ
I didn't say that Uli Hoeness has done a bad job. In fact he has done a quite good job. However, my feelings are that he is a little too tight fisted with the club's money. And I have heard nothing about new players that Bayern want to get this summer.
So what are Deisler and Ballack?
And he tried to get Kehl who turned out into a liar .
We will sign one defender and thats it for next year.

But you stated that the players aren't hungry for success anymore, and I think that is exactly the point. Hopefully that will change soon .

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2002, 00:05
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Lazio, Dortmund & Genoa
This thread should be re-named, it's a Bayern thread now, isn't it? But okay, if you don't want to talk about the new champion and UEFA cup winner of this season I cannot help you.

"Questo Pandev è una pipa!" Qualche mese fa al Processo di Biscardi...
"Pandev, splendido gol di Pandev, un uno due ESEMPLARE!" Massimo Tecca, Gennaio 2005

"Io non ho mai visto nulla come questa Genova. È qualcosa di indescrivibilmente bello, grandioso, caratteristico: Parigi e Londra al confronto di questa divina città scompaiono come semplici agglomerati di case e di strade senza alcuna forma..." Richard Wagner, 1835
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2002, 05:20
Star Player

Teams: Bayern Muenchen -German NT
wow..........You declared dortmund champs of the bundesliga already!.......you're a dreamer

If you no like my quotes, clips, and pics, they execute me. You can like my photo pictures and a horse urine links. Please to have visual pleasure!

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2002, 11:37
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Lazio, Dortmund & Genoa
The smilies I used have a sense you know. Of course nothing is decided yet. However the next three game days will tell, if Dortmund has realistic and good chances or not. They play Bayern (away), Schalke (home) and Leverkusen (away) in those games so afterwards we should know what is up with Dortmund. 4 points from those games should give the team a great chance of winning it in the end.

"Questo Pandev è una pipa!" Qualche mese fa al Processo di Biscardi...
"Pandev, splendido gol di Pandev, un uno due ESEMPLARE!" Massimo Tecca, Gennaio 2005

"Io non ho mai visto nulla come questa Genova. È qualcosa di indescrivibilmente bello, grandioso, caratteristico: Parigi e Londra al confronto di questa divina città scompaiono come semplici agglomerati di case e di strade senza alcuna forma..." Richard Wagner, 1835
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2002, 19:53 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Bayern fail to shine again as they are held at home by leaders Dortmund.

Defending champions Bayern Munich were held 1-1 at home by German league leaders and arch rivals Borussia Dortmund on Saturday in the pick of the weekend's matches.
It was a disaster for Bayern, such is the pressure on the European Champions League winners, as they dropped a place to sixth, nine points behind Dortmund, and therefore have it all to do to win an unprecedented fourth consecutive Bundesliga crown.
Dortmund were close to an away victory when their record signing Marcio Amoroso found the net for Dortmund in the 78th minute but, thankfully for the Bavarians, Brazilian striker Giovane Elber equalized three minutes later.
Amoroso is top of the German goalscoring charts with 12 following his goal, one ahead of Bayer Leverkusen's star midfielder Michael Ballack who scored in a 5-0 thrashing of Borussia Monchengladbach to cut their deficit in second place from four to two points.
Ballack, who has hit top form in the Bundesliga and for the German national team his season, set the tone for the fixture with a goal in the ninth minute.
Further strikes by Oliver Neuville, Bernd Schneider, Carsten Ramelow and Dimitar Berbatow completed the rout for Leverkusen who were also well served by Brazilian Ze Roberto.
Kaiserslautern remained in third spot despite losing 1-0 at northern port club Werder Bremen, who swapped places with Bayern to jump a place to fifth.
Brazilian striker Ailton found the net in the 51st minute to separate the two sides with Krisztian Lisztes of Hungary and Holger Wehlage in particular good form for the home side.
Schalke 04 handed out a 4-0 thrashing to St Pauli, who were 2-1 winners over Bayern on Wednesday, to remain in fourth spot.
Their Danish marksman Ebbe Sand got the ball rolling with a goal after just nine minutes, former German international Andreas Moller hit a second, before penalties by Jorg Bohme and goalkeeper Oliver Reck completed the scoring.
The weekend plaudits belong to Dortmund however with their 12th successive unbeaten match which has the signs pointing to their first Bundesliga triumph since 1996 which resulted in a Champions League trophy the next season.
Ironically, Dortmund were then led by current Bayern coach Ottmar Hitzfeld.
In the Munich Olympic stadium, in front of 58,000 spectators, Matthias Sammer's team took command from the start and only a good display by Bayern keeper Oliver Kahn keep the match goalless at the break.
The match saw the return from injury of French World Cup winning defender Bixente Lizarazu, though he earned a yellow card after just four minutes.
The match finally came to life with a superb goal by substitute Amoroso from a freekick though the ball hit the left hand upright before finding the net.
Bayern's blushes were saved when an initially innocuous looking ball into the box by Mehmet Scholl was headed home by Elber thanks to the poor positioning of Dortmund keeper Jens Lehmann, too far out of goal.
Hitzfeld had no illusions about the task Bayern now face to reignite their challenge.
"Dortmund deserved their victory. We had problems getting into the match and now we have to string together some really good results to get back into the title race," Hitzfeld said. /p
Sammer said they were thinking of victory after their goal but added in the end the score was a fair reflection of the match.
He will surely have noted Dortmund's next fixture which will really test their title credentials - the Ruhr derby against form team Schalke.

http://www.dailysoccer.com/article.php?Article=69414
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2002, 19:59 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Psycho
So, Juan? Do u have any oppinion as well or do u just want to deliver us some hot news

:dielaugh: Actually, I am quite amused about the thread... but hey, who knows, maybe it will turn out into sth good, maybe we will find a couple of serious Dortmund fans and use this thread as a basis of a Dortmund forum

I will lay the fate of this thread into the hand of the main Dortmund fan here, my Co Mod Cap Sandro
In komming matches man i will koment and give opinion, I didnt thin a dortmund thread was missed by others then me.

JF
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2002, 20:02 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Bayern Münich no pudo con Borussia DortmundBerlín

(Alemania).- Bayern Münich empató este sábado en casa ante el líder Borussia Dortmund (1-1), en partido de la vigésima segunda jornada de la Bundesliga, pero siguió perdiendo posiciones en la lucha por las plazas para la Liga de Campeones, al caer hasta el sexto puesto de la clasificación.

La distancia del Bayern respecto al líder Dortmund se mantiene en nueve puntos, pero el segundo, Bayer Leverkusen, logró aumentar la ventaja sobre los bávaros gracias a la goleada conseguida ante Borussia Moenchengladbach por 5-0.

El duelo Bayern-Dortmund se caracterizó por el respeto que se mostraron los dos equipos, que a lo largo del compromisos procuraron no dar ventajas en defensa.

Borussia Dortmund salió jugando con mayor tranquilidad y tuvo las mejores acciones ofensivas durante la primera parte.

La posibilidad más clara en el primer tiempo la tuvo el mediocampista checo Thomas Rosicky, pero no la aprovechó ante el meta Oliver Kahn después de haber burlado con éxito a media defensa bávara.

En el clásico de una jornada llena de goles sólo hubo movimiento en el marcador en el minuto 78, cuando el brasileño Marcio Amoroso adelantó al Dortmund gracias a un espectacular tiro libre.

El empate, sin embargo, no se demoró mucho y llegó en el minuto 81 por medio de Giovane Elber, que aprovechó que el meta contrario Jens Lehmann estaba adelantado para marcar con un cabezazo desde el borde del área.

El gran favorecido por el resultado de Münich fue Bayer Leverkusen, que con su indiscutible victoria redujo a dos puntos su desventaja respecto al líder, además de aumentar la distancia que lo separa del Bayern. El Kaiserslautern, en cambio, no pudo aprovecharlo al caer frente al Werder Bremen (1-0).

JF
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2002, 20:07 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Hitzfeld admits defeat in title race

Saturday 9th February 2002

Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld has admitted his team's chances of retaining their Bundesliga title were virtually ended by the 1-1 home draw with leaders Borussia Dortmund.

Bayern needed a win after a midweek defeat by St Pauli but the game at the Olympiastadion was remarkably subdued until the 71st minute, when Stefan Effenberg hit the bar from distance.

And it was Dortmund who went ahead eight minutes later through a free-kick from Brazilian Marcio Amoroso.

Bayern levelled on 83 minutes after Giovane Elber rose to head in a Mehmet Scholl cross, but the draw leaves Bayern nine points behind Dortmund at the summit.

Hitzfeld said: "There are a lot of good teams in the upper part of the table. We now have to concentrate on finishing at least third so that we play in the qualification for the Champions' League.

"We wanted to win the match but we will have to live with a point. I have to admit that Dortmund deserved a point and, while we had problems, we also had opportunities to score."

Bayern vice president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge agreed that finishing third was now a priority. "This is achievable as we are only four points behind Kaiserslautern," he said.

Dortmund midfielder Sebastian Kehl, meanwhile, said that Bayern Munich had been lucky to get a point from Saturday's meeting.

The midfielder's latest comments are likely to further enrage Bayern fans who were already furious with Kehl after he first agreed to move to Bayern but then joined Dortmund instead.

The former Freiburg star said: "We should have won that match but Bayern are well known for their luck. We had many opportunities to score."

Dortmund coach Matthias Sammer also felt that his side deserved the win.

"We played well and we were confident that we would win after our goal but in the end we only came away with a draw.

"At least we were better than last season when we lost 2-6 here in Munich," he added.

http://www.onefootball.com/index.pht...&newsid=104460

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in