A New Dortmund - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2002, 09:57 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
A New Dortmund

With the Brazilan forward duo up front, and Czech playmarker Rosicky in midfield, and the newly signed 'New Beckanbauwer' Kehl in the back, Dortmund is once again the strongest in bundesliga!

FORZA MILAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2002, 11:44
Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Italian NT
Kehl the new Beckenbauer? Well, if this aint the exaggeration of the century

BTW, Leverkusen is the strongest team in the league

Tu sei tutta la mia vita

Londra 22 Maggio 1963
Madrid 28 Maggio 1969
Barcellona 24 Maggio 1989
Vienna 23 Maggio 1990
Atene 18 Maggio 1994
Manchester 28 Maggio 2003
Atene 23 Maggio 2007

La storia si repete... ancora una volta...

7 volte CAMPIONI D'EUROPA
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2002, 19:48
Rising Star

Teams: Leverkusen, Portugal, Germany
Hi!! Elephant King you are from HK?
I cant agree with you though we are from the same country(city) just because Leverkusen is the strongest in bundesliga. and I cant see Kehl plays like Beckenbauwer(spelling). Or you mean his physicalappearance... well, Psycho's words, sometimes, are not totally wrong

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2002, 03:11
Premier Player

Teams: Bayern, German NT, Vancouver Canucks
The Brazilian strike duo of Amoroso and Ewerthon, along with Czech wunderkind Rosicky have indeed performed up to expectations. But it is Dortmund's surprisingly stingy defense that has won them the games. They had the best goals against record in the Bundesliga. So hats off to Dede, Kohler, Worns, Evanilson (who is leaving for Parma at season's end), and keeper Lehman who have been responsible.

But the best in the Bundesliga? It's still too early to call. It's been a two horse race with Bayer 04 so far. But I wouldn't write off the boys at Sabener Strasse. Man U was in 8th place before they reeled in a string of victories to top the table again. Don't count Bayern out just yet.

Did you know that coach Sammer wanted Angelo Peruzzi to replace the Nationalmannschaft's #2 at one time?
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2002, 09:58
Rookie

Teams: FC Gütersloh 2000; Bayer Leverkusen
Dortmund didn't convince in the top matches. Whenever an opponent orders a defender to fight Rosicky, he fails - and with him the whole offence. However, the championship won't be won in the top matches, but in the matches vs the bad teams. The team that loses the fewest points there, becomes champion. And there it doesn't look too bad for Dortmund, but also Leverkusen improved in those matches.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2002, 16:10
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool, Barcelona
No, we're not the strongest yet, but the future looks good. We have bought several young players who are already performing very well and can only get better. Rumours say the Frings deal is nearly done which will further strenghten our squad.
And young players for the future in defence are going to be bought. It's a good sign that Metze already replaced Kohler and is playing very strong. The strongest rival for the title is obviously Bayer, although I won't count Bayern out now. We'll have to see how they perform vs. Leverkusen.
Yes, we haven't won vs. the other top teams, but I think if we don't slip up vs. the smaller teams, we can handle that. Man U has problems vs. the other big teams, too and are still top of the Premier League.
Kehl being the new Beckenbauer? It's too early to say that, but he could play in his position.

The Peruzzi rumour came up by Calciomercato (or however they're called) and I didn't believe in it at all.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2002, 11:44
Star Player

Teams: Bayern Muenchen -German NT
well, sure the dortmund team has been far excellent till now with the striking force of amoroso,koller,ewerthon and the stylish midfielders of ricken and maestro rosicky.....moreover their defence has been excellent as the champ siad with kohler-reuter-worns-evanilson and dede.Also Leverkusen has been terrific with all the team playing well from neuville and kirsten up infront to ballack,ramelow,basturk,schneider and offcourse nowotny and the brazilian defender i forgot his name.But to say which is better in the league is still early because we haven't seen Bayern playing with its full formation yet,something leverkusen and dortmund has been doing since the begining of the season.Well dont write Bayern's chances off,because its still early to decide.
But between Leverkusen and Dormtund,i think that Bayer is the better team and he showed that in the UCL where he survived his group while dortmund didnt survive an easier one.

If you no like my quotes, clips, and pics, they execute me. You can like my photo pictures and a horse urine links. Please to have visual pleasure!

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2002, 12:38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Marvin4
the brazilian defender i forgot his name.But to say which is better in the league is still early because we haven't seen Bayern playing with its full formation yet,something leverkusen and dortmund has been doing since the begining of the season.
The Brazilian defender is Lucio. He is missing since a couple of matches. Leverkusen had trouble with injuries in the matches before the winter break. That's why they lost in the away matches back then. They need Lucio in the top matches, cause he is the security for Nowotny - if he doesn't have the security of a good defender next to him, then he also fails (as in the national team). Bayern is not yet out of the champions race, but the Leverkusen match is their last chance.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2002, 07:44
Star Player

Teams: Bayern München
Naming only Kohler, have you all forgot Metzelder's huge role in the defence so far this season?
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2002, 08:04
Rookie

Teams: Bayern, Germany nation team
in my eyes, it is too early to say who is the best or who will be the champion. don't forget there are some excellent teams who may not win the champion, such as Bremen, Berlin Herta etc. their performance when they play against Dor. and Leverkusen, Bayern decide who can win the champion at the end of the season, in a sense. as far as i am concerned, i think the champion will be the dortmund. as to bayern, well, a big bayern fan as i am, i think the bottom line is the ticket of the next champion league, that is to say bayern will have to be in the first three ranks, unless we can win the champion of the champion league again.

forza bayern
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2002, 19:22
Premier Player

To those who underestimated Bayern, I think the 2-0 victory over Bayer 04 has something to say about that.

Next weekend is Dortmund. A win will result in only a 3 point deficit from the Bundesliga leadership.

Bayern are back
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2002, 22:09
Star Player

Indeed, "never under estimate a heart of a champion" Rudi Tomjonavic (houston rockets coach)

If you no like my quotes, clips, and pics, they execute me. You can like my photo pictures and a horse urine links. Please to have visual pleasure!

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2002, 18:38
Premier Player

Why are all you guys suddenly quoting and mentioning things from the NBA? Does that mean that basketball is suddenly popular in your neck of the woods?
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2002, 23:56
Star Player

Sure basketball is famous everywhere champ........even my country LEBANON will be @ the world cup this year and they have been drawn tonight against Brazil,Turkey and Portorico.......Damn it Germany came with the dream team,but i think 2 qualify from the group

post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2002, 00:17
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Who cares? They have no chance against our mighty DiNo

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2002, 06:49
Rookie

Teams: Bayern, Germany nation team
Quote:
Originally posted by The Champ
To those who underestimated Bayern, I think the 2-0 victory over Bayer 04 has something to say about that.

Next weekend is Dortmund. A win will result in only a 3 point deficit from the Bundesliga leadership.

Bayern are back
whether bayern is back depends on the next two matches. we must beat st. pauli, then at the weekemd, we must beat dortmund. if we can do so, it is time for us to say bayern is back. in fact, i think we did not win for severn rounds, partly because of our bad luck. we missed some vital PKs, and we got a draw when we had two goals ahead of others. anyway, i hope we will be better and better

forza bayern
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2002, 09:52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by matthausforever

whether bayern is back depends on the next two matches. we must beat st. pauli, then at the weekemd, we must beat dortmund. if we can do so, it is time for us to say bayern is back. in fact, i think we did not win for severn rounds, partly because of our bad luck.
Let's say that they got normal luck this year and so didn't win all the matches luckily. But luck is really a good keyword. Dortmund took the top position in the league after the Wolfsburg match - a desastrous match by Dortmund, in which they had a 4 - 28 shot rate. They couldn't have complained about a high loss there. Or Kaiserslautern is keeping up although I can't remember that they played a complete good match this season. They just have tremendous amounts of luck what makes them a hot candidate for the title. And also if you examine the champions of the last years, you'll come to the same result (except the season in which Bayern went clearly ahead) - Dortmund in the mid 90s had unbelievable luck with referee decisions, K'lautern played similar as today, Bayern - I just to have say Unterhaching and Schalke.
If luck is the main factor this season as well, it can only be Dortmund or Kaiserslautern this season.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2002, 15:06
Premier Player

I guess Bayern aren't back. Losing 2-1 to St. Pauli !!!??? It's going to be tough from here. :depress: :depress::depress:

Last edited by The Champ; February 7th, 2002 at 15:09.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2002, 17:18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by The Champ
I guess Bayern aren't back. Losing 2-1 to St. Pauli !!!??? It's going to be tough from here. :depress: :depress::depress:
That's what's happening if you think that beating Leverkusen at home is a difficult task at the moment. Bayern already corrected the season aims to reaching rank 3.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2002, 18:22
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
How is Jan Koller doing at Dortmund?

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in