Borussia Dortmund in CL - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2001, 15:49 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool FC
Borussia Dortmund in CL

I'm big Liverpool fan from Finland. Liverpool will play against German team Borussia Dortmund in CL. I know that Dortmund has a good team this year with Amoruso and Koller up front. How good Dormund really is these days? Can they challenge Liverpool in group B. I think that Dortmund is main threat for LFC in group B. Last time we played at the Westfalen stadium was a nice memory and I hope that it will be that again...

Well, good luck for Champions League!

IN GED WE TRUST

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2001, 17:04
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
At the moment in the form Dortmund is these days, I don't think any team can beat them easily, I would rate them as the top team in the world, but Spain and Italy didn't begin, so they will show some good teams soon, and Dortmund can't hold that form (at least I hope that for the Bundesliga )...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2001, 21:19
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Lazio, Dortmund & Genoa
A Finnish guy in here...

Moi! Mitä kuuluu?

Well, I think Dortmund and Liverpool will fight for place one. Realistically I think your wish won´t come true and Dortmund will win against Pool at home but probably will lose at Anfield Road.

Both Boavista and Kiev should fight for the third place and an UEFA cup berth! And yes Frank, Dortmund is arguably the top team right now without La Liga and Serie seeing any action yet.

Kiitos for the good luck wishes!

PS: Helsinki rocks, especially Leksa...

"Questo Pandev è una pipa!" Qualche mese fa al Processo di Biscardi...
"Pandev, splendido gol di Pandev, un uno due ESEMPLARE!" Massimo Tecca, Gennaio 2005

"Io non ho mai visto nulla come questa Genova. È qualcosa di indescrivibilmente bello, grandioso, caratteristico: Parigi e Londra al confronto di questa divina città scompaiono come semplici agglomerati di case e di strade senza alcuna forma..." Richard Wagner, 1835

Last edited by Captain Sandro; August 24th, 2001 at 21:21.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2001, 03:27
Rising Star

the Dortmunder play a very attractive offensive football,but the defense is suspect and their main shortcoming is probably speed...just what you don't want from a team theat's going to face Owen.
because of that i see Liverpool as clear favorite especially in the away game,although Borussia will win a lot of symphaties...i actually cheer for the german team and my boy Marcio
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2001, 03:35
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Lazio, Dortmund & Genoa
It´s true what you say about Dortmund facing a fast striker like Owen but isn´t it the same for Liverpool facing skillful and versatile forwards like Rosicky and Amoroso with their big defenders who can´t move so fast? That´s why I think this is even. Owen and Heskey vs. Kohler and Wörns or Rosicky and Amoroso against Hyppiä and Henchoz is the same in my opinion. Not exactly the same but I think you see my point here.

"Questo Pandev è una pipa!" Qualche mese fa al Processo di Biscardi...
"Pandev, splendido gol di Pandev, un uno due ESEMPLARE!" Massimo Tecca, Gennaio 2005

"Io non ho mai visto nulla come questa Genova. È qualcosa di indescrivibilmente bello, grandioso, caratteristico: Parigi e Londra al confronto di questa divina città scompaiono come semplici agglomerati di case e di strade senza alcuna forma..." Richard Wagner, 1835
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2001, 03:42
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
If we talk about home and away matches, then I can tell you that Liverpool has absolutely no chance to win in Dortmund with 55000 people chanting for Dortmund. I look forward to a many-goals-match, maybe 4-1 or 5-2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in