Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL- Matchday 27] FC Augsburg vs Borussia Dortmund

Bundesliga, matchday 27
Sunday 20.03.2016 - kick-off 17:30 CET

vs
Johnnie_ likes this.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2016, 11:13 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Aubameyang very doubtful for the match against Augsburg, so i expect Ramos to start. Sokratis recovered from his muscular problems and trained normally yesterday, Bender still ruled out.

possible line-ups
Hitz - Verhaegh, Gouweleeuw, Klavan, Max - Baier - Kohr - Esswein, Koo, Caiuby - Finnbogason

Bürki - Ginter, Sokratis, Hummels, Durm - Weigl - Gündogan, Kagawa - H. Mkhitaryan (Castro) , Reus - Aubameyang (Ramos)

Will be a tough test against a team with a very solid defence, yet Augsburg still is in danger of landing in the relegation zone being only on spot 15 (27 points). They only managed to win 1 match (against Hannover) among the last 10 so we are clear favorites.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2016, 17:17
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
Bobadilla in also doubtful for Augsburg, nonetheless we are the team on form and Imo I don't see Augsburg killing our winning momentum...so I predict a 1-3 win for us...

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of
evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2016, 20:01
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
Well.. well.. well I just love it when I'm right, after a slow start and falling 1-0 down I'm glad we managed to regroup and kick the hell out of Augsburg, credit must be given to our players for their never say die attitude, I'm so happy for Adrian Ramos he really stepped up in the absence of PEA ...it was a great victory

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of
evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2016, 08:29 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

nice comeback win! Ramos really had a good game in the second half and also happy for Castro that he used his time when coming off the bench. game changer was Mickys goal which luckily was deflected by an Augsburg defender. now we have the 2 weeks international break and hopefully this is not interrupting our great rythm and players return healthy.

the goals:
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2016, 14:43 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

post match comments by BVB coach Thomas Tuchel

The team's performance in the first half was not good. Thomas Tuchel gave reasons for this - and stressed: "I say this not as some kind of accusation directed at my team. We were lacking freshness." Instead, Tuchel wished to pay his team a "great compliment" for their "exceptional mentality and will to win".

Thomas Tuchel on the first 40 minutes:
You could see that we not only had an intensive physical workload behind us, but also a huge psychological strain. We made many technical mistakes, we unable to bring any kind of pace to bear on the game, nor could we find space and occupy it. It was also difficult to handle our opposition's Gegenpressing. I am not in any way attacking my players here, we were simply lacking freshness.

... on the change in the game:
Miki was able to create dangerous plays on goal via one-on-one situations and began to create space that had not been there before. It was very important for us to have equalised before the break. We played with greater freedom after that. Gonzo was able to get in on goal more often. Our passing improved, we were more focussed and we became more dangerous. That is how we were able to win a very complicated game. We demonstrated an exceptional mentality and will to win. As such, the team is due a great compliment.

... on the upcoming international break:
Personally I am really happy about it. The team will now have three days peace from me. It was our sixth 'English week' (week with mid-week fixture) in succession. It is important to take a moment to breathe. National team players will also have the opportunity to regenerate mentally thanks to a change of scenery. We will begin the decisive phase of the season with the home game against Bremen. (br)

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2016, 14:47 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

interesting how Tuchel sees the international break. but i think he has a point there that a timeout from him might help some of the players to return even hungrier and not bored by his presence :smileani:

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in