[Europaleague, Game 1 - k.o. stage 1/16] Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2016, 15:54 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[Europaleague, Game 1 - k.o. stage 1/16] Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur

Euroleague - Matchday 9

Thursday, 10.03.2016
kick-off: 19:00 CET

vs

back to the european stage after our draw against bayern münchen at the weekend.

a good result in the home match is a must and it seems that Tuchel can fall back on nearly the complete squad.

possible line-ups:

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2016, 04:53
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
Couldn't watch the match but just saw the results now, I didn't think we would give Spurs such a hiding, I mean they beat the hell out of Fiorentina bar their last Europa League match...Without fear I think we are almost there cause I don't see them beating us 4-0...

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of
evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2016, 06:13 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

wasnt able to watch the match as well but reports say it was really a lesson to them. didnt expect that either and now we are of course in a very comfortable situation. quarterfinals are in close reach!

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2016, 06:19 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

post match comments by Tuchel

Thomas Tuchel mainly faced personnel questions after the 3-0 win over Tottenham. Here's the Dortmund boss' take on...

…the match: "I'm very satisfied with the performance, the result and our defending. We looked very fresh, very effective, very determined with our tackling and compactness. At the start Tottenham were very strong. It was a very high-tempo match. Bit by bit our passing got better and we created a number of chances to score. In the second period we were completely dominant; we pressed Tottenham back into their own half and kept them at a distance from our goal."

…the performance of Marco Reus: "Nothing helps quite like goals. That'll give him a boost. I'm absolutely delighted for Marco. He sets himself high standards and is striving towards a level of fitness that allows him to tackle and counter-press with absolute sharpness every three days. We are working on this. These two goals will help him get there."

…Erik Durm: "He's doing very well. It's astonishing, in the middle of our winter preparations he wasn't even on our radar. There was then another minor setback before the first friendly match. But then he played brilliantly straightaway in the second match, was on excellent form in training and put in a good performance when he came on as a substitute when we resumed against Gladbach after the winter break. He has physical conditions which are beneficial for our game. He is very versatile, which coaches love because it always opens up new possibilities. At the moment he's very good on the ball, making the right decisions, training well. It's fun."

…Ilkay Gündogan: "I can't say whether he'll be able to play on Sunday. We'll have to wait and see. Perhaps a special shoe can provide relief."

…Sven Bender: "I'm hoping it's nothing more than a scare. He slipped in a tackle with Son in the penalty area. He didn't feel a spasm of pain but the muscle seized up and became tense, so we had to bring him off immediately. I am hoping it's nothing more than a scare and that it isn't a muscle injury." (fu)

source: bvb.com

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2016, 10:52
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, FC Barcelona
Nice upgrade Xtratime. It was a walk in the park for BVB and I think Pocchetino underestimated the black and yellows with that lineup of his and they got wacked.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in