poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL- Matchday 24] Darmstadt 98 vs Borussia Dortmund

Bundesliga - matchday 24
02.03.2016 - kick-off: 20:00

vs

Midweek Bundesliga football tonight. Darmstadt is welcoming our boys in the Merck-Stadion am Böllenfalltor and urgently needs the points in the battle against relegation. They are still 4 points ahead of Werder Bremen.

BVB is looking forward to a crucial week as we could have the chance to close the gap to Bundesliga leader Bayern Munich at the weekend, when the bavarians will visit the Signal Iduna Park. Still, the team around coach Tuchel is very focussed on the match against Darmstadt that managed to draw against the BVB in the match end of september last year. A late goal by captain Sulu which caused a little crisis for the black-yellows.

BVB is hoping that Mhkytaryan can keep up his sensational form as the #1 man for assists across europe.

Tuchel can use nearly his full squad, despite defender Sokratis who might return to team training by mid of March. Question will be whether the BVB coach will rotate a bit in order to have fresh players against Bayern at the weekend:

Possible line-ups:

SV Darmstadt 98:
Mathenia – Garics (Jungwirth), Sulu, Rajkovic, Caldirola - Niemeyer, Gondorf - Heller, Rausch - Rosenthal - Wagner

bench: Platins, Zaluska – Gorka, Holland, Junior Diaz, Sirigu, Stegmayer, Ivana, Kempe, Y. Stark, Vrancic, Platte, Sailer, Stroh-Engel

Borussia Dortmund:
Bürki (Weidenfeller) – Piszczek (Ginter), Bender (Subotic), Hummels, Schmelzer (Park) – Weigl (Ginter) – Gündogan (Leitner), Kagawa (Sahin) – Mkhitaryan (Castro), Aubameyang (Ramos), Reus (Durm)

--> a lot of options there

bench: Weidenfeller – Ginter, Durm, Subotic, Park, Leitner, Castro, Sahin, Ramos, Pulisic

Schiedsrichter Gräfe (Berlin); Assistenten: Pickel (Mendig), Sinn (Filderstadt); Vierter Offizieller: Siebert (Berlin)
Gelbsperre droht: Weigl

Zuschauer: 16.000 (ausverkauft)

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

Last edited by Michinho; March 2nd, 2016 at 08:51.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2016, 08:52 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

the pitch in Darmstadt is really something we have to cope with. expect sth like this:

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2016, 14:44
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, FC Barcelona
Yoh that's not a nice pitch meaning it will be hard to string passes, BVB could struggle unless Tuchel comes up with other options.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2016, 14:54
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
One could grow potatoes in this kinda pitch
Attached Images

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of
evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2016, 15:08
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Unit View Post
Yoh that's not a nice pitch meaning it will be hard to string passes, BVB could struggle unless Tuchel comes up with other options.
You're right, we'll have trouble trying to put passes together so Thomas Tuchel might opt for athleticism, we might see the likes of Ginter, Castro and Durm getting starts...

Edmund Burke
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2016, 15:25
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, FC Barcelona
With athleticism I reckon you mean strong players, players who are full of energy but what if the home side decides to park the bus and hope for counter attacks. In my opinion BVB would needs the passing game to crack Darmstadt, reason being is that last time in that last encounter they had almost 11 men behind the ball trying to avoid BVB from scoring.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2016, 15:35
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Unit View Post
With athleticism I reckon you mean strong players, players who are full of energy but what if the home side decides to park the bus and hope for counter attacks. In my opinion BVB would needs the passing game to crack Darmstadt, reason being is that last time in that last encounter they had almost 11 men behind the ball trying to avoid BVB from scoring.
I personally hate bus parking strategy thou its not against any football law or rule....But if that's the case I guess we'll have to wait and see, one thing though is we need is to win the match at all cost and try to carry the momentum ahead to our home game against Bayern Munchen...

Edmund Burke
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2016, 16:25 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

We have to keep them running and hustling but that means a high passing rate on our side and very little mistakes. Of course the will try to lock down spaces and will focus on counter attacks, but that shouldnt be new to us. Hopefully reus can show again that he is our Mr 1-0, that would help a lot

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2016, 16:54
Rising Star

Yeah if we can score 1 goal early I'm sure they'll crack, last time we met they were very aggressive but hopefully we are well prepared and we'll neutralize what ever threat they possess....

Edmund Burke
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2016, 17:19
International

What is it with the pitch in Darmstadt??? This is unacceptable for German standards.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2016, 20:49 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Could really be the perfect night for us !! Mainz is leading 1-2 in munich and our victory is nearly sealed, goals by durm and passlack

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2016, 21:03
Armenian Scout
International

Teams: Armenia NT, Pyunik
wow this is amazing. BVB can cut the lead to 2 points. Game of the year.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2016, 07:24 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

definetly game of the year and never thought Bayern would struggle against Mainz. of course, Bayern is the big favorite against us but who knows?

the right players got a rest yesterday and hopefully we will see an exciting match against bayern.

Homer J. Simpson‏

Last edited by Michinho; March 3rd, 2016 at 08:29.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2016, 08:15 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Dirk Schuster (SV Darmstadt): "We made it difficult for our opposition tonight for a very long time. We played well in the first half, but we went behind due to the individual quality of the Dortmund players. Prior to that we had an excellent opportunity to go 1-0 up. We sold ourselves dear tonight. If we had got one back, it would have made for a much more tense game. Overall I am happy with our performance despite losing."

Neven Subotic: "It didn’t feel like a game of football. Balls were just hoofed forward. It was an uncomfortable game, more a wrestling-match within a match."

Thomas Tuchel: "The best thing a Dortmund player can do when he comes to Darmstadt is to deliver a professional performance. Unspectacular, but effective. We did that tonight."

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2016, 08:52
Rising Star

It might not be one of those entertaining matches but we did everything right on the night against Darmstadt and got all 3 points, another awesome news is that Bayern slipped and we capitalized, now if we can beat the hell out of them this weekend the point gap would be cut down from 8 to 2 in a space of a week ...Like you said Mich Bayern Munchen will be favorites but if Mainz can do it away then I don't see why we can't do it at home....

Edmund Burke
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2016, 11:44 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

yeah, didnt expect an entertaining match and glad that Tuchels line-up worked out. Very happy for Passlack as i always thought he is more talented than Pulisic who got more minutes lately. Tuchel is using those youngsters very wise and carefully and i really hope we will see more of them in the future for our club.

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in