Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL- Matchday 20] Hertha BSC Berlin vs Borussia Dortmund

Bundesliga Matchday 20
Saturday 06.02.2016 - kick-off: 15:30

vs

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2016, 09:30 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

possible line-ups

Jarstein - Weiser, S. Langkamp, Brooks, Plattenhardt - Darida, Lustenberger - Haraguchi, Baumjohann, Kalou - Ibisevic

Bürki - Piszczek, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer - Gündogan, Weigl, Kagawa - H. Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Reus

luckily, Gündogan and Reus are fully recovered and we should see a different team in this clash 2nd versus 3rd

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2016, 07:08 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

our time and oppportunity to put at least a bit of pressure on Bayerns shoulders. Away matches in Berlin are always tricky as they are very disciplined team under Pal Dardai but with the return of Reus and Gündogan we should be able to get the 3 points. Mats has to get his shit together again after that match against Ingolstadt

Homer J. Simpson‏

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2016, 08:17
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
Yeah it will be a hard one but without a doubt we'll have to make 3 out of 3 games in 2016. Though we are sitting comfortable in the second spot but we'll have to stay on the heels of Bayern Munich at all cost because one would never know when they'll drop points. I also believe Hertha are not in 3rd place by chance, they are a good side so this game will be a close call....

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of
evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2016, 10:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
I actually will root for Dortmund in this one. Want Hertha desperately out of Europe.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2016, 11:13 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

good boy p

just realized that if we win tomorrow we would have one point more than compared to the full last season. :eekani:

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2016, 12:09
Forum Manager
Legend

Well, wasn't it Dortmund's second best first half of the season ever? I didn't check but I seem to remember reading something like that a few weeks ago.

Also with 38/17 they would have lead every of the other three big leagues in Europe except Spain, but even there they would have been level with Barca with a goal difference of one less goal only.

Dortmund is having a fantastic season and people like to forget that easily, also saying how boring Bundesliga is when actually Barca is also 6/7 points above Atletico and Real respectively. But of course the 8 points in the Bundesliga make is soo boring compared to the exciting Spanish title thrill... p

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2016, 14:42
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
I actually will root for Dortmund in this one. Want Hertha desperately out of Europe.
Why?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2016, 16:42
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, FC Barcelona
Pal Dardai has done extremely well with Hertha BSC but also Thomas Tuchel has done a splendid job with BVB. But I'm predicting a 1-2 win for BVB
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2016, 16:45
Forum Manager
Legend

Because Hertha is the typical one season Bundesliga wonder. They will at the very maximum get around 10th place next year and go out in the first round of whatever European competition they are in. This is not directed against Hertha, but all of those Mainz', Augsburg's, Bochum's, Freiburg's and so on that all have been there doing the same crap year in and year out.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2016, 18:22
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Because Hertha is the typical one season Bundesliga wonder. They will at the very maximum get around 10th place next year and go out in the first round of whatever European competition they are in. This is not directed against Hertha, but all of those Mainz', Augsburg's, Bochum's, Freiburg's and so on that all have been there doing the same crap year in and year out.
I agree but like you said this is the same thing with clubs like Freiburg, Augsburg, Mainz and it isn't specific to Hertha. As for Bochum, they haven't been in European competitions since finishing 5th in the 2003-2004 Bundesliga season which is a while back. It was a pretty exceptional achievement for them at the time but unfortunately they were knocked out immediately in the first round and eventually relegated the same season. When it comes to the Europa league, which is where Augsburg, Freiburg, Mainz have all played recently, we haven't had a German club do well in that competition in years. The only exception being Mönchengladbach who reached the round of 32 in the 2012-2013 EL season where they were eventually knocked out by Lazio. I'm not sure that can be considered a good achievement. I think most of the smaller German clubs simply don't have the depth, the strength and the budget to do something positive in the EL hence why we saw Mainz get knocked out immediately in the EL twice, by a fifth-placed club from Greece last year and by a seventh-placed club from Romania back in 2012. Also, most of the German clubs that end up getting a EL spot usually see all of their best players leave at the end of the season, that's what happened to Freiburg.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2016, 07:19
Rising Star

I would really love to see The Samurai back to his best but imo Castro has been magnificent so far, the former needs to up his game a bit...

Edmund Burke
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2016, 15:22
Rising Star

A pretty frustrating first half with Piszczek and Weigl on yellow cards a piece

Edmund Burke
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2016, 17:17
International

It was a pretty frustrating game over all, I can't believe Dortmund didn't score at least once against this frankly ordinary looking Hertha side.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2016, 17:37
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Legend

Teams: Swiss bikini team
to beat dortmund...just play 11 in the back line

risin up back on the field, we r just a group n our will to survive..risin up the challange for our respect!..we have a dream! NWO MOTHER****AS!!
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2016, 17:50
Rising Star

Lol you mean park the bus?...

Edmund Burke
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2016, 19:04
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Legend

Teams: Swiss bikini team
yessir

risin up back on the field, we r just a group n our will to survive..risin up the challange for our respect!..we have a dream! NWO MOTHER****AS!!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2016, 21:16
Forum Manager
Legend

I didn't realize Hertha beat Dortmund...

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2016, 21:32
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, FC Barcelona
This was the chance to cut down Bayern's lead to 6 points especially that they drew with Leverkusen.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2016, 00:20
International

For Dortmund, passing up these extremely rare opportunities to close the gap on Bayern is what kills any chance of having a tight race for the title until the final matchdays. That and dropping points against the likes of Koln, Darmstadt, Hoffenheim etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in